Hdyromotive Quad IV OT props......

catfish123

My hat is off to Hydromotive, Todd, and Thom, because these props are awesome........both a 27 and a 28 pitch have taken me to triple digits, well actually, they have taken my boat with my son Matt driving to triple digits.........LOL........that's another story.

BigCountryx

What boat/motor combo? I've been toying with the idea of a Quad OT or maybe an X-OT for my XB03. I hear they handle great, how do you or your son like them all around?

GotMyAlly

I ran a quad IV on my XB03/225X 95% of the time. Only time it ever came off was to put on a T3X or Knob Cut for a top end pass at a rally. They do handle great. Mine ran 93-94 with a 1 man fishing load and ~92 with a 2 man fishing load.

When I traded my XB03 for a XB21 (but kept the 225X), I changed to an X-OT for pushing the heavier boat.

If I were you, i'd run the Quad IV unless you're carrying a massive load. I ran the X-OT on my XB03/225X for hauling 4 ppl, etc., but not an every day prop.

catfish123

We have run Hydromotive Quad IV OT's in 27 and 28 pitch on an XB2003 with 225X and on an XB2003 with Merc 280. They are just an overall, all around, great prop. Holeshot is excellent, midrange punch is excellent, and top end speeds are excellent. They are also a very "easy to drive" prop. There is no doubt in my mind that if I could have just one prop, it would be one of these.

BigCountryx

Man, got me drooling now. I'm gonna call our local prop guy, he's usually got a wall of test props. Maybe I'll luck up and he'll have one I can try.

RedAllison

...They are just an overall, all around, great prop. Holeshot is excellent, midrange punch is excellent, and top end speeds are excellent. They are also a very "easy to drive" prop. There is no doubt in my mind that if I could have just one prop, it would be one of these.
What he said!!! :at the bar

Folks think we are "over braggin" or sayin it just because Todd and Mr. Thom are "one of our own" but we say it because it's TRUE!!! You can search high and low and run ALOT of props and do ALOT of testin but day in, day out their's are gonna do it ALL about as well as it can be done. And finding ONE prop that does ALL of it nearly perfect it just about impossible, but they get it done.

IMHO the best part is the easy driving and weight carrying performance. A top end, skinny, "purty piece of gearcase bling" that looks cool on the trailer aint worth it when they don't perform so well once a few butts are put in the seats and the beer cooler and beach bags are loaded aboard. But the Quads just shine that much brighter in such cases. :cool

And then to there's the yanks that make em, :big grin
RA

ps
BigCountryTx you're new so you might not've realized it yet but our very own members "Tbuck2003" and "OleDawg" here on A-owners are Todd and Thom Bucknell of Hydromotive Engineering! Drop Todd a PM and he can slick you up personally or hook you up with a local dealer if any are in your area. You WON'T be sorry! :wink

GotMyAlly

ps
BigCountryTx you're new so you might not've realized it yet but our very own members "Tbuck2003" and "OleDawg" here on A-owners are Todd and Thom Bucknell of Hydromotive Engineering! Drop Todd a PM and he can slick you up personally or hook you up with a local dealer if any are in your area. You WON'T be sorry! :wink

BigCountryx dun bought one already!
:laughing

xb03fs

I really like my 27 OT especially for ease of driving and acceleration and gas milage

the 26 X-oT feels much safer with 3 or more butts in the seats and carrys them faster, it is just not quite as easy to drive, top end light they are both a dead heat becase the X-ot seems so much easier to spin up.... I really want to have Todd pitch it up to a 27 also but I am scared I won't like it as much as I do now as it is such an awesome fishing and loaded down prop, however over the winter i picked up a 24 X-OT from todd so I there is a little margin for error if it loses is supreme load carrying ability

BigCountryx

Then "let da good times roll"!!! :beer:
RA
BigCountryx dun bought one already!
:laughing
Yes I did, thank you guys for the advise and for the sweet deal on the prop. Todd and I had talked through PM and had recommended the X-OT for me, so maybe I'll pick one up as I get the oportunity to replace my old 26" trophy as my load prop. But I can't wait to try my new to me Quad IV. Never heard a single bad thing about them.

xb03fs

Yes I did, thank you guys for the advise and for the sweet deal on the prop. Todd and I had talked through PM and had recommended the X-OT for me, so maybe I'll pick one up as I get the oportunity to replace my old 26" trophy as my load prop. But I can't wait to try my new to me Quad IV. Never heard a single bad thing about them.
Once you get both of those you will just need a prop to tow 200 lb slalom skiers such as myself, because the 26 X_OT works fine for skiing on two skis:very happy:very happy

BigCountryx

I'm hoping that the OT is going to be my solo and 2 people fishing prop when lightly loaded. Heavier loads I guess I'll try to get an X-OT. But I'm hoping that my 26" Trophy will do for the occasional load her down, tow tube or board, and head to the sandbar prop.

xb03fs

You won't ever put the Trophy back on, except to go jump stumps, once you get the hydromotive! LOL.
Agree 100% the biggest difference will be in holeshot, drivability and them not cracking. I bought a used 24 trophy for skiing at a good price, and of course with a boat load of people running it too high, I cracked it within 3 hours of use...I know I was told to don't run it high if you want it to live, but with a hydraulic jackplate I like to adjust to where it drives and carry's the nose right no matter how small the pitch. Wrong move, right hieght with 4 people in the boat at 70 equals a cracked trophy. Too bad as it was a good ski prop, shortly thereafter I got the 24 X-OT

Might as well sell it on a bassboat ssite before it becomes worthless

Last edited: