GS Load Carrying Prop

whipper

Ziemer is Todd sending a x-ot or the new 15 inch x-ob? When I talked to him he figured the XOB. I to would love to hear how she goes as Im in the market also in a month.know point till the ice is off!! I have norrowed it down to JRs infomass 30 chopper11,the new 30 pro ET 4blade,and hydromotives VI X-OB in a 29 or 30? What pitch are you getting? I love my Performance props 28 DR4 for an all rounder it carries a tremendous load but Im looking for a faster prop in a 4 blade. I love how the 4 blades handle in all conditions but think theirs is a 4 blade that will get me to at least 90. The 28 is good for 85-86. I feel I could spin a 29 or the right 30 and still get over 6000 rpm.I as you said to JR wish I could try one of those chopper11s also. I should see if the local dealer would bring one in for me to try, the problem is they mark up everything to high for me!! James

ziemer

Ziemer is Todd sending a x-ot or the new 15 inch x-ob? When I talked to him he figured the XOB.
The X-OB actually starts as an X-OT, but they then drill the relief holes and add a little bit of length to the hub. I'm actually going to try it on both boats because I think it will do what I'm looking for on both.

Todd's sending me a 24", because of the rpm range I need to be in on the I/O boat, but he and Lou both have 24's for there GS's also. It won't be a top end prop on the Ally for me anyway, I'm just looking for a good all-around cruiser prop that will carry the boat with a bunch of crap in it. :wink

I'm hoping to get it this week yet, but I don't know if that will happen with all the snow they got up there last week. :sad

TBuck2003

Jeff,
The X OB starts out as a QIV-X stern drive propeller.Holes are added and the ring is cut off,then the extended ring is tacked on.This gives you the X-OB for the outboard application.Should be shipping tomorrow Jeff,apologize about the turnaround but this weather has got us backed up a little bit.See ya

Todd

whipper

Todd what do ya think about a 29XOB on a GS with a stock 225 promax for top speed? I realize there not top end props but for a 4 blade could I spin a 29 or even a 30 well enough to see 90 ya think. Im sure a 27 or 28 would be the best all rounder but could i expect decent hole shots and respectable top end going this high a pitch with a 4 blade.I just love the way 4 blades performe over 3. James

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Todd-
When I get backed up I reach for a gallon of prune juice. This has nothing to do with props, on second thought, if it helps you get caught up...

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
James, Todd is the MAN for this question, he built me a GS prop that rocks. Todd owns a GS AND a prop company......hmm take it from there :razz

BigRedAlli

Yea....Todd's a great prop man.....Just keep him away from the TACO'S....:wink

Spring ain't gett'in here fast enough...banghead

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
The prop Todd is talking about will carry a load perfectly and also let you nail it and be up into the 90's right now. It's not a triple-digit wheel but it's perfect for an all around, load carrying, beat-up-the-plow-boats :laughing prop.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Gary I've not tried it yet on the XB2003. I have a steering problem to fix before taking her out again and am waiting on bushings to get here from the factory.

It's a good idea, I'll try it next time I get to the lake.