Getting the new 2003 ready...

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good post Gary. Is there a good epoxy that's relatively easy to remove in the future if you get a new unit?

Ocktane

If it wasn't good it would be called, Glue. Usually you can knock them off with a sharp blow from the side. Shearing blow.
So no Elmer's then? Cause that's what I used to plug the holes on the transom when I removed the ducer... :beer:

Ocktane

Anyone have a picture of the wiring layout for the switches that come in these boats; "Carlincswitch" or whatever they are. I had the rocker switches on the XTB but they were 6 pin, no 7 pin. The dash GPS was wired straight to the battery but I wanted to wire it through a switch and I can't get it wired right on the switch (using the bottom switch as it had nothing going to it). I know on the rocker switches I'm used to you had a main ground and main fused power going to the center posts and the outer posts were for the two loads. But this 7th post has me confused. Thanks all!

Ocktane

I found a picture on the internet that looks like it is applicable to this particular switch. And if my troubleshooting is correct, the switch may be bad but I think I can make it work in the meantime... we shall see.

Ocktane

Thanks Brian, that diagram is perfect! These switches definetly work different than the Seasense rockers I put in the XTB. I'll try it out tomorrow when I get home from work.

Ocktane

I got the boat all ready to go; installed my bow mount HBird 898Si, put in custom bait holders, tackle box holders, a 12 VDC plug, 3rd battery, and cleaned up some wiring. Just waiting on the motor rebuild now! I'm so excited!!! Well, I guess I have one more thing to do, gotta get the old gas out of the tank... hopefully i can siphon it with the squeeze bulb? Otherwise gotta get me a pump.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pictures or it didn't happen. :big grin

How old is the gas? How much is in it? I'd just use the squeeze bulb and pump it out and fill with fresh, that should be good enough. Pour the old gas in your beater if it isn't bad.

Ocktane

Brian I think you'll recognize what I used for my bait bag holders:
Just cut em to size, primed and painted. Drilled holes, ran small lengths of coat hanger through the holes and put a badge clip on the wire. Voila! Looks pretty good I thought! And very functional!