Dsra gulfport

Dave Hensley

Winning has never been cheap. You just have to admire what the OMC guys have done. Taking 25-30 year old pigs and making thorobred race motors out of them.

patches

My boat don't sound too good on the trailer at the beginning. LOL

Leaves pretty good at 1:19 though

M.ALEXIE

It's almost here!!! But for those of you on the fence about coming well A BIG THANKS to the Smokin officials and BP! DSRA will recieve $13,000 dollars in what they call TOW MONEY!! The $13,000 dollars will be divided by the number of racers registered and take a green light on the course and racers that are running multiple classes are only counted as one!

That's right folks, for every race team that drags their boat here registers to race and takes a green light on the race course will recieve money for their efforts!!! Your being paid to come race and you don't even have to win!!!!!! But you must get that boat wet!!!! LOL

Let's face it the economy sucks, it's harder and harder for us to raise purse money but we have this money sitting there and we just can't put it in the purse has to go towards what they call tow money so why not let everybody get a piece of it!! SOOOOOOO get yo boat ready and let's go racing!!!!!!

Jay Martin

I know nothing about Gulfport except how to get there, will someone post directions and what time they start?

Thanks.....

Dave Hensley

That will serve DSRA well in the future. Lets face it, winning boat races will never make you rich. However, if everyone shares a little bit of money, it provides the opportunity to have events where bragging rights can be won. Very nice move.

QUOTE=M.ALEXIE;138562]It's almost here!!! But for those of you on the fence about coming well A BIG THANKS to the Smokin officials and BP! DSRA will recieve $13,000 dollars in what they call TOW MONEY!! The $13,000 dollars will be divided by the number of racers registered and take a green light on the course and racers that are running multiple classes are only counted as one!

That's right folks, for every race team that drags their boat here registers to race and takes a green light on the race course will recieve money for their efforts!!! Your being paid to come race and you don't even have to win!!!!!! But you must get that boat wet!!!! LOL

Let's face it the economy sucks, it's harder and harder for us to raise purse money but we have this money sitting there and we just can't put it in the purse has to go towards what they call tow money so why not let everybody get a piece of it!! SOOOOOOO get yo boat ready and let's go racing!!!!!![/QUOTE]

patches

I know nothing about Gulfport except how to get there, will someone post directions and what time they start?

Thanks.....
I'll post some this evening when I get home if nobody else does. You could also mapquest The Dock in Gulfport

h2oskiier30

Thanks.....
Jay, the easiest way for you...assuming you will be coming into Gulfport on Hwy 49:

Take a left at the first red light AFTER you pass under I-10 (Creosote Rd). You'll go about 1/4 mile to your next intersection, which is Three Rivers Rd...take a left there also. You'll go maybe half a mile, and right before you go back under the interstate, you'll take a right at the light onto Seaway Rd. You'll go about a mile and a half, and the sign for the turn for The Dock is right there at the water tower....you can't miss it.

Jay Martin

Jay, the easiest way for you...assuming you will be coming into Gulfport on Hwy 49:

Take a left at the first red light AFTER you pass under I-10 (Creosote Rd). You'll go about 1/4 mile to your next intersection, which is Three Rivers Rd...take a left there also. You'll go maybe half a mile, and right before you go back under the interstate, you'll take a right at the light onto Seaway Rd. You'll go about a mile and a half, and the sign for the turn for The Dock is right there at the water tower....you can't miss it.
Ok Thanks, what about race times? I might leave my house at 7:00AM, I should be there at 12:00....

msharp

Well i hope you did good Erik. I got covered up in work ! When is the next one you'll be running in gona be and where ?

patches

The conditions were nasty for us. Jack Barsh won in Greg Scott's boat. I got second and Jacob torched a motor to take third. I don't think Outlaw made one pass without one or both boats lifting due to the wind and waves. We were running into a 15-20 mph headwind and gusty. After seeing a boat blow over on Saturday I had no desire to get wet. Age will will tell you its better to lift and race another day

AllyCool

Bass & Ski: 1. Orrin St. Marie 2. Jay Aucoin 3. Jeff Naul 4. Marty Alexie 5. Tyler Whitehead 6. John Joachim 7. Danny Blanchard 8. Delray Blanchard

SS
1. Todd Catrett 2. BJ Reulet 3. Cory Melancon 4. Jeff Naul 5. DK Cooper

1400 Perf Mod
1. Darrin Baxter 2. Paul Gautreau 3. Casey Weaver 4. Tray Archer 5. Kevin Turberville 6. Jimmy Melton 7. Joey Landry 8. Rodney King

Lake Racer
1. Taylor Crabtree 2. Orrin St. Marie 3. Rodney King 4. Tom Pope

Pro Stock
1. Todd Catrett 2. Casey Weaver 3. Nick Chiasson 4. Steve Glenn

Pro Gas
1. Shane Stovall 2. Brett Hamilton 3. Craig Walker 4. Chris Bean 5. Pete Elliott 6. Logan Scott 7. Steve Goldman 8. Steve Kimble 9. Tray Taylor 10. Mark Ellis 11. Marty Alexie 12. Casey Weaver 13. Kirk Merritt

Outlaw
1. Jack Barsh 2. Erik Kiser 3. Jacob Crabb

Last edited:

patches

Pro Gas has seen a big surge in interest since DSRA shortened it to 660'. The weight is down to 1250 which also makes it fun. Speeds are kept at a reasonable level and its easier on motors. Hopefully the class keeps going like this