Curious

bigtis

all this worry about how much profit is in a boat and if someone is a real dealer or not. Everyone knows profit is evil. Solution: Put the government in charge of all boat companies and their dealers. Shazaam, no more worry about profit. Remember, corporate america is intrinsically evil, government intrinsically good. Hey, where's my free allison? Don't forget the trailer as you pay for my allison. I'm still waiting...
:lmao:

whipper

Ya Like Zemer said what is the biggy? I dont take care of my stuff so that I can take a bath on it when the time comes to buy somthing else. Generaly in the very long term boats have much higher resale than Cars do. I know lots of guys that buy older cars and put some tires and rims on them clean the liven Piss out of them maybe a paint touch up and fetch a lot more than just recovered costs. Every aspect of the detail is a deal right down to how much the paper towl cost to retain the best proffit.

Thats just how life works? When you buy a house and sell it you want to make some money on it if you can? Like was mentioned before also if someone thinks its a good deal then it is for them. Doesnt mean it is for every one. Im usually at the other end of the spectrum personaly though. I hate selling stuff!! I ussually take a bath on every thing I sell because Im inpatiant. If the guy turns around and sells what I sold him for more money, that just tells me I should have asked more in the first place.:beating dead horse

Last edited:

bigtis

, only difference is that Randy focuses on Allisons.
simply because I love dealing with em. It doens't seem like a job to me, but A hobby I love, and get paid to be apart of.

The main kicker, is that I can drive across the country and buy a 20 yr. old bassboat, and not have to worry about whether or not the guy selling me the boat is lying about the transom or floor being soft. when your only looking at a 1-3K profit on 10-15K spent, you definately don't want to have to worry about spending 3K to get the transom fixed:beer:

TBuck2003

I'm curious what you guys think about someone running around the country buying every Allison for sale then jacking up the price. Personally, while its a free country I hope he chokes. :big grin

I would buy a Ranger before I'd buy something off him. I'm laughing at the 1990 Yellow XB2002 that he wants $9k for. The guy selling it before him only wanted $7k for it...9k for a 1990 in this econiomy..smoke another one.
Why do you care? Did you get ripped off by Randy on a transaction? Have you ever bought something that sold for a profit? As long as the boats are represented well,and he is not pushing junk,WHO CARES!!!!!! Personally I wish I had that kinda cash to do for a hobby. Again these are used boats,not new. I would rather pay for something knowing it is a good deal,and both parties made out. Everything an owner wants to do to his boat usually does not get done before he sells it,so if Randy does it and turns a profit good for him. All the little things add up quickly when freshing up a used boat. Again bottom line if someone is not getting screwed then keep on keepin' on Randy.My .02 just an opinion so nobody get their panties in a wad.Happy Friday fellas.
TBuck

John S

Now if Bigtis only would only knock the overly inflated price down on that yellow 02, give me top dolla trade for my 03, which its obviously worth, we would have a deal. lol

XSive

Why do you care? Did you get ripped off by Randy on a transaction? Have you ever bought something that sold for a profit? As long as the boats are represented well,and he is not pushing junk,WHO CARES!!!!!! Personally I wish I had that kinda cash to do for a hobby. Again these are used boats,not new. I would rather pay for something knowing it is a good deal,and both parties made out. Everything an owner wants to do to his boat usually does not get done before he sells it,so if Randy does it and turns a profit good for him. All the little things add up quickly when freshing up a used boat. Again bottom line if someone is not getting screwed then keep on keepin' on Randy.My .02 just an opinion so nobody get their panties in a wad.Happy Friday fellas.
TBuck
Nevere even talked to the guy, so I haven't been screwed by him. There is a difference between a hobby and a business 2-3 boats a year could be a hobby, 20 a year is a business. How would a real dealer compete? Do you like the underground economy? Just my opinion.

Fishforcash

If the boat weight was the issue then why didnt the deal take place at the races? They have scales, and there would have been no question.

bigtis

Nevere even talked to the guy,

2-3 boats a year could be a hobby, 20 a year is a business.

Just my opinion.
I go through about 5-6 boats a year. I probably sell 10-15. BUT the kicker is that as I stated before I pay an SV fee on SnF, therefore I am entitled to advertize for a profit in any fashion I choose to pursue. I also have two freinds, Oran and Steve. 2 of which I inquire and find the type of Allison they're looking for. When either of them tell me they want the boat, I can act as though it's my money and my word on the line if we don't come through on buying whatever it is we said cause they don't bullshit. Oran and I both drag race, but oran only buys his boats for personal use. I like to get a rig and keep something desired and get what money I have into it back. It's nice to have spare powerheads and for when you remove the cowl to only start:cuss:cuss: the props are an added bonus also, cause once you go through 40-50 props, your bound to find 3-4 GOOD UNS!!!!

BUT, you've never talked to me muchless met me.......SO THIS IS YOUR OPINION, you hope i choke. go buy a ranger and come race PBS or lakeracer with us:LMAO: all bs aside, come to a DSRA race and I'll buy ya a beer, gonna have to be budlight though cause I'm cheap and that's all that'll be in the ice chest!!:at the bar

bigtis

If the boat weight was the issue then why didnt the deal take place at the races? They have scales, and there would have been no question.
his truck had transmission problems, and he was a little over an hr. away from the races therefore he couldn't pull the boat anywhere. They were real straight up guys about the boat. after we put the boat on the scale at the house. the boat was what it was, 100lbs heavier. there was no questioning the scale, because the blue comp came in at right around 760. then we didn't take into account the 2.5 -3 gallons of water in the livewell or the trim pump mounted in the boat, so that would put the boat rigged minus fuel and batterie at around 720. I didn't buy the 90 model 02 that OLE blue had advertized cause I was scared I'd get stuck with the mota. If I had to drive the yellow 02 back to TN, I was going to buy the 90 model 02 cause a local guy liked the ss johnnyrude and I didn't know until after all of the above had taken place. Things don't always go perfect, but it is what it is. No hard feelings towards anyone especially Jason or his dad. they made sure we were happy with the transaction like grade A businessman.

Oran went from 92 model xb2002T to a 94xb02Bassracer, to a 98 Comp. when he got outta the bassracer into the 98 comp, he thought he was in a BARGE!!. Only reason he sold the bassracer was to get something else lite with a functional livewell. He now regrets not just putting a livewell in the Bassracer.

TBuck2003

Nevere even talked to the guy, so I haven't been screwed by him. There is a difference between a hobby and a business 2-3 boats a year could be a hobby, 20 a year is a business. How would a real dealer compete? Do you like the underground economy? Just my opinion.
Not new boats so the dealer really has nothing to do with it,in fact with the economy the way it is a dealer would most likely not even touch used boats,unless it was to offset the purchase of a new one.That being said with the boats that he is selling I do not believe would be in dealer demand.People do it all the time with specialty cars,so I do not see a difference.There is a very limited amount of people that are into Allison boats overall so if he is playing to that market god bless.2-3 boats is a small hobby,20 is a big hobby,not hurting anybody. On the one in question 90' xb2002 ask how many dealers would even free up cash for that ,put money in it and try to sell it right now,my bet would be very few if any.My .02

jbf 2002

Well,

My take on this is Bob Prell "Shampoo King" (BP, BP-1) deal is this: Never a good/nice thing to say about anybody or anything. Lots of advice/opinions, while owning only one Allison.

As far as resale goes..........It's how it works here in the free world. If the price is too high then don't but it. Sounds simple enough.

j.f.

BP1

Well,

My take on this is Bob Prell "Shampoo King" (BP, BP-1) deal is this: Never a good/nice thing to say about anybody or anything. Lots of advice/opinions, while owning only one Allison.

As far as resale goes..........It's how it works here in the free world. If the price is too high then don't but it. Sounds simple enough.

j.f.
Do I know you?
I didn't think anyone ever read my posts, thanks for taking the time and spelling my name right, but this thread isn't about me.

bigtis,I haven't accused you of anything or questioned your integrity,but having your friends come at me w/ with personal attacks because I asked if you were a dealer, puts a whole new spin on it.

Last edited:

Scott Gilmore

Do I know you?
I didn't think anyone ever read my posts, thanks for taking the time and spelling my name right, but this thread isn't about me.

bigtis,I haven't accused you of anything or questioned your integrity,but having your friends come at me w/ with personal attacks because I asked if you were a dealer, puts a whole new spin on it.
Gosh BP..............you're right, the shampoo thing is a VERY SERIOUS personal ATTACK. Don't put up with or let continue these horrible accusations !!!! Scott :big grin

bullwhipjkg

all i see is some one who comes up with the cash to buy allison boats in general before the other guy does some clean up work to them and sells who cares besides the people he buys them before them

ive got a 2002 been after a drag for a while hes bought a couple of them before me I AINT MAD AT HIM **** happens you cant get the money someone else does life sucks move on when its my turn ill have 1 but im not gonna bash a guy for buying 1 to 2 to 10 get over it

THIS IS A BS THREAD BASHING SOMEONE FOR NOTHING AND THIS AINT FASTBASS OR SCREAM AND FLY WOULDNT IT BE EASIER TO LEAVE THAT STUFF ON THEIR BOARDS

a moderater has already said enough on 1 board

MY 2 CENTS

Bsprout

all i see is some one who comes up with the cash to buy allison boats in general before the other guy does some clean up work to them and sells who cares besides the people he buys them before them

ive got a 2002 been after a drag for a while hes bought a couple of them before me I AINT MAD AT HIM **** happens you cant get the money someone else does life sucks move on when its my turn ill have 1 but im not gonna bash a guy for buying 1 to 2 to 10 get over it

THIS IS A BS THREAD BASHING SOMEONE FOR NOTHING AND THIS AINT FASTBASS OR SCREAM AND FLY WOULDNT IT BE EASIER TO LEAVE THAT STUFF ON THEIR BOARDS

MY 2 CENTS
Hey man, Are u still trying to sell that ss? I think it was u that had a red one?

bigtis

you noticed that too!!!! a brotherly oreinted website huh:rolling eyes
I state loud and clear it's ORAN"S boat, and get told I don't have enough money to buy boats like I do. Oran must be fronting me the $$$:laughing I called him and said what's happening big money grip. he doesn't get on the computer, so he laughed his ase off when I told him what was going on. Besides this thread got started behind Oran's 90 model that I need to smoke another one to sell.... look all the chit Oran gets me into:LMAO:

XSive

To the original poster...you're spun up by someone buying, refreshing and selling 10 year old boats?...I dont get it
Saying that I'm spun up by it is a bit of a stretch. Your synopsis is a little brief but makes a great intro,..... and I don't expect you to understand.