Curious

bigtis

I pay an SV fee over on Scream and fly, but that's about it. Other than that it's just a hobby. you have to pay an SV fee to advertise for a profit basis with SnF, but once you've dont that, you can advertize others' boats as well as your stuff for a profit to. only 1 of the 4 allison bass boats for sale on SnF is actually mine. The boat being spoken upon at hand is my drag racing partners boat. He only bought it in the first place because it was advertized at 720lbs. it's 820. if it were 720 BELIEVE me it wouldn't be for sale. the guy selling it before didn't know, so it's no big deal. IF it sells it sells, if it doesn't then it's way too nice of a boat to give away, muchless lose any effort or time applied towards it only to go and spend double on the one he wants. BILL mason's 99 model.

Last edited:

xb03fs

Not yet having an allision yet, but following the boards, fastbass, screamandfly and here for the last year or so, My two cents.

Being that there are none in MO buying from him seems to be a possiblity for me in the future as he generally sells for less than a dealer, but more than owner. Being that I am from MO and will most likely have to drive a minimum of 6hours, the fact that the boat is detailed, minor restorations completed, and that he seems to have a good reputation as for as accuracy of condition seems to justify some of the markup to me.

However, I would love to find me a XB03 or XB02 for 5000-6000 and get someone to buy my hull for the nada value of 3k, and pay cash, life isn't perfect though

Scott Gilmore

So he is a licensed business, with a showroom and a launch?
Whats the name of the business, in case somebody were wanting to check out the inventory and give a call a first?
WHY the hell would you CARE, if you buy 1 Allison per life you little my mom !! Go "spoon" in that XB............Scott :LMAO: A "licensed" dealer ??? What a DINK ............:LMAO:

BP1

SORRY but this Bob P has been the biggest A hole on this site for YEARS (now posting with a new name) he's a jackoff !! Scott :beer:
Uh yeah, who cares about your opinion?

You aren't doing bigtis any favors jumping on his bandwagon since you have been known to sleep around with the biggest crook ever to post on this forum.
Did you vist Pierson in jail?
Now crawl back under your rock drunk boy :beer:

Scott Gilmore

Uh yeah, who cares about your opinion?

You aren't doing bigtis any favors jumping on his bandwagon since you have been known to sleep around with the biggest crook ever to post on this forum.
Did you vist Pierson in jail?
Now crawl back under your rock drunk boy :beer:
Pierson ? Bitter little TROLL BOY..........what does this thread have to do with GPI.........Troll boy ??? Scott :same ole song

John S

Every tangible idem in the world is for sale. The guy with the Allison dealership buys lower and sells higher. I think if you can do this then thats awesome. It would sure beat working at a pulpmill.:big grin
Hit the nail on the heads there Whipsta. The boats are only worth what a guy pays for them, and if you pay too much, thats your deal. Ive never heard anything about the guy misleading anyone on a boat yet, so more power to him. It seems success always breeds envy...

On another note, debt free by 30??? Must be single, cause most men that are hitched are in debt until theyre looking up at the tree roots...

bigtis

It seems success always breeds envy...

On another note, debt free by 30??? Must be single, cause most men that are hitched are in debt until theyre looking up at the tree roots...
It sure seems that way don't it.:cuss:razz

I'm single. we live together, but I don't plan on getting married anytime in the near future. I've seen marriage ruin things one too many times, Hell she started changing the day she moved in, I know for a fact she'll start changin for the worse if I marry her, so I'll spare myself the headache and greif, and just keep paying taxes as a single man. just a few more notes to pay off, and hopefully by the time I'm 30 the only note I'll have is rent house notes:big grin

Scott Gilmore

Hit the nail on the heads there Whipsta. The boats are only worth what a guy pays for them, and if you pay too much, thats your deal. Ive never heard anything about the guy misleading anyone on a boat yet, so more power to him. It seems success always breeds envy...

Debt free NO WAY, I'd have to live 5 lifetimes to payoff my bar tabs !!! Scott :beer::beer:

xb03fs

Thats close to where I am sitting 27 almost 28 $345 left on my Stratos, done in January, $681 on my Trailblazer, done in January and $2000 in student loans 5 years left at less than 1% interest so in no hurry, never had a credit card.......but I want an allison and gonna have to buy a house someday.........So looks like I will be getting back into debt in the near future if I cant be patient and save

bigtis

Thats close to where I am sitting 27 almost 28 $345 left on my Stratos, done in January, $681 on my Trailblazer, done in January and $2000 in student loans 5 years left at less than 1% interest so in no hurry, never had a credit card.......but I want an allison and gonna have to buy a house someday.........So looks like I will be getting back into debt in the near future if I cant be patient and save
the allison will alway's be worth what ya paid for it that's the beautuful thing about em.

ziemer

Don't really see what the big deal is here??? The man buys and sells boats for a profit. There are plenty of people that do the exact same thing over on S & F, only difference is that Randy focuses on Allisons.

Guess what...If you were to trade your Allison in at a dealer, he's going to sell it for more than he gave you...and I'd be willing to bet the dealer will put less effort into cleaning, repairing and prepping it for the new owner too.

As someone else said, the boats are only worth what someone is willing to pay...and if Randy gets top dollar for the boats he sells, great...it makes mine worth more. ;)

msethsmile

Funny Guy
All this worry about how much profit is in a boat and if someone is a real dealer or not. Everyone knows profit is evil. Solution: Put the government in charge of all boat companies and their dealers. Shazaam, no more worry about profit. Remember, corporate america is intrinsically evil, government intrinsically good. Hey, where's my free Allison? Don't forget the trailer as you pay for my Allison. I'm still waiting...