Big Fish Pics In Your Allison

SmallJaw

A couple of smallies from Pickwick this past Monday night. Good night but not great. We had about 18-20 lbs with our best 5 but the nigh screamed that the bite should have been better. Great current, 3/4 moon, late summer. Hmmm. I guess it was a better night that I am giving it credit for.:laughing

Attachments

JOEALLY

I'm bored tucked inside due to Isaac so I'll post a few from the winter and spring.
My son Seth and a nice fish

Me with a lil frog fish

A few more

Last edited:

F2008

Me and my bud Craig (allyfishing) put a serious wooping on some Mohawk River smallmouths (and walleyes) today. Non-stop action all day. A few pics of a great days fishing with a great friend. Glad you made the trip up buddy .....and caught some good fish to boot. You're welcome in my boat anytime.

SmallJaw

Me and my bud Craig (allyfishing) put a serious wooping on some Mohawk River smallmouths (and walleyes) today. Non-stop action all day. A few pics of a great days fishing with a great friend. Glad you made the trip up buddy .....and caught some good fish to boot. You're welcome in my boat anytime.

I'm jealous. Daytime smallies are great any day you can get on them. I'm more bat natured and catch some pretty good ones that way. If I could ever get as consistent in the day as I am at night I'd be a heck of a fisherman. As it is, I'm only half a fisherman! Congrats. You do us proud!:big grin

F2008

The Mohawk River here in NY is segmented by a series of dams with locks. For about 2 weeks during the fall, if all the right conditions come together, the smallmouth and walleye fishing is absolutely phenomenal.

The fish in each pool will hold below that dam and eat continually. Match what they

GotMyAlly

Caught these for the dinner table a couple weeks ago. Believe it or not, they all fit in the livewell. Those are 48 qt igloos for reference.........most of the fish were 8-10 lbs.

Allyfishing

Hey nice striper's neal!! Where were they caught?

About what Don posted on the Mohawk.....he's not kidding....the action was non stop the first time I went up!!! And over 50 smallies all within 2 dams was incredible!! no more than about 3 or 4 miles in between!!!

We were catching them so often and fast my wrist staring aching!! Especially when a 10# walleye would stop your retrieve and almost take the rod out of your hands!!! What a trip!!

And best of all, this last time up, although the action slowed to a crawl compared to the first time, I finally caught some fish on the A-Rig!!! No doubt that fish will follow a bait back to the boat and how many times that has happened that a fisherman would never know if they had not seen them but the A-Rig tempted them into biting. One that I boated hit below the boat and another that I missed. the other about half way back to the boat on the edge of the current.

Thanks to Don for a fantastic fishing trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting Don!!

GotMyAlly

Hey nice striper's neal!! Where were they caught?
Those are TN river stripers. For some reason, they don't grow as big here as they do other places. We've caught 'em up into the teens, but never broke 20 lbs. I've never seen one bigger than that caught here either.

suicidealli

Come up to Cumberland they get big their.... Record is a little over 50 lbs. One of my friends got a 40. I have got them it the 20s.. Most guys Use planer boards, and shad. That is slow *** fishing..... Good eating tho....

Roy

Allyfishing

What part of the TN river? You live in Mississippi, right?

Roy, you have some great fishing from what I've heard about Cumberland lake!!! Didn't the Pro's fish that many years ago??

Here's some hog smallies from one of our North American Ally bro's Manny (the whip) up in Toronto and his son!! I'm guessing they are lake Erie out of Buffalo or maybe lake Simcoe.

Here ya go Manny!!!

The Whip

Thanks for posting Craig,

The first smallie was 7.8lb on Lake Ontario along the Canada-US water during a tourny in Aug. Would have been close to 8.8lb in November.

The second is my son on Lake Simcoe in July. Typical 5-6lbers.

The third was last fall on Lake Erie (Nov 2011) best 5 close to 28lbs.

You sure can catch Bass doing 90mph lol

Manny
BasSport Pro
300XS

suicidealli

What part of the TN river? You live in Mississippi, right?

Roy, you have some great fishing from what I've heard about Cumberland lake!!! Didn't the Pro's fish that many years ago

They have had a couple of tournaments, but guys are culling all day, and the kill rate is high. I don't think they have them anymore. There are guides still on the lake. Good fishing.

Those are some awesome smallies...

Roy