Big Fish Pics In Your Allison

GotMyAlly

Got into some hybrids last night. caught 8 or 9 of them with the biggest two being 9-11 and 9-15. Pic above is my brother with the 9-11.

I know a lot of people think of 'em as trash fish, but they're actually good eatin' fish. Filet on one that size is as thick as a steak. Hard to beat it with a little cajun seasoning and slow-cooked on the smoker.

The littlest one below shoulda been culled but he was tits up by the time we got ready to replace him with a bigger one.

Allyfishing

My home lake has stripers stocked. Last fall I caught a few and kept one to fillet. I'm talking about good eats!!

Alli-drenaline Rush

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I would think that a 6 pounder up north is equvalent to a larger fish down south due to the difference in fish metabolism driven by differences in lake temps???? bottom line - NICE CATCH!

6-24-11 Kitsap Lake, WA. 6lbs, 3oz, my personal best!!!

Ocktane

Thanks! I would say you are definitely right! This year especially has been rough up here with the long cold spring. It almost July and we still have some fish on beds, and some in prespawn mode as far as I can tell! If I was a smart Washingtonian I would spend all my money on a big water boat and fish for trout and salmon... But Allisons and bass fishin' are just too dang fun!

Allyfishing

Nice stripers Neal!! Do ya eat them??

And it's good to see all have vests on. Obviously in current and so do the other boaters. Smart move!

GotMyAlly

Yeah, they're good eatin'. A lot of people think they're trash fish, but they are great on the smoker. We caught 20+ in 4 hrs the other evening with about an 8 lb average. Limit is 2/person. Only reason we quit was that we had our limit in the boat and were killin' just about every fish we caught.......they were inhaling the spoons and tearin' up their gills. We coulda stayed and caught twice that many, but can't catch and release when they're turning belly up as soon as you put 'em back, so we called it a day and loaded up.

It's the law, you gotta wear a jacket right there below the dam. I needta buy an inflatable one to wear fishin up there. We were within casting distance of the dam and the water can really get to rolling when they have 4+ generators running.

GotMyAlly

PS....that's MercBoy175 in the background behind me in the Venture. I'm gonna have to get him in my boat and give him some striper lessons next time :LMAO:

The Cashew Kid

PS....that's MercBoy175 in the background behind me in the Venture. I'm gonna have to get him in my boat and give him some striper lessons next time :LMAO:
Who? Looks like The Cashew Kid.:wink You forgot my new name at Clifton last year after Mr. Thom tried to take me out with them cashews he was feeding me.:razz Oh yeah, I guess I need them lessons, ya'll wore us out that day.

catfish123

Really nice fish Neal.......the lake I boat on has some pretty big stripers in it. The state record came from there and it was 52 inches long and 52+ pounds. Many are caught between 20-35 pounds.

GotMyAlly

Really nice fish Neal.......the lake I boat on has some pretty big stripers in it. The state record came from there and it was 52 inches long and 52+ pounds. Many are caught between 20-35 pounds.
They rarely catch 'em that big on the TN river. I think the best i've pulled out is about 17 lbs. They catch 'em big like that over in AR in those deep/clear lakes. I think the lack of real deep water in the TN river keeps 'em from getting real big.

catfish123

You are probably right.......the lake we boat in has lots of water over 100 ft deep with trees standing within 20ft of the surface in 70-80ft water. The lake is 200ft deep I believe at it's deepest spot.

Tim Bostic

This is a pic from a few years back...... hehe!!!
I caught this carp while crappie fishing.
Ten foot crappie rod with 4 lb test line.
After hooking it, it kept wanting to swim under the boat so, I kept backing up with the trolling motor in a big circle...... 30 minutes later, it finally came up along side & I got half of it in the net & then into the boat.
The big livewell needs to be a little bigger for us "trash" fishermen!!!!haha!!!

Thanks, Tim Bostic
Hossprops.com

Attachments

90 5.0

buddy backboated me on this one a while back lol, went 7.9 on the cheapo digital scale, didn't get a length she was hangin' way off the back of my 18" gator rule..

Fayette county lake , fayetteville tx