Bassracers

bullwhipjkg

anybody know how many where built

i know there are hard to find and rarely come up for sale

thinking that may be what i start looking for dont see me buying a drag again even though it was a blast just not in the cards

h2oskiier30

There are two for sale on S&F right now.

You're right...they don't come along very often. So, if you're serious, you might want to strike while the opportunity is there.

bullwhipjkg

Yea tisdale says he is keeping the red 1 and not real crazy bout the yellow and blue 1 for some reason

Crimson Merc

Ok thanks, still trying to learn all the models on the Xb2002. Waiting on the right one to pop up for sale...

alc

I was told by Nancy when I found mine in 1995 that they recollected that there were three built w/livewells as they were built to start with to compete in a east coast drag boat organization called I believe was called NOA that disbanded after the first three were built. They had a bassboat class that stated to run as a bass boat it had to have a livewells. This might be correct or not as over the years seems like other than some records kept on weights according to serial # the records their records are kinda sketchy. I have seen more than three that folks said are Bassracers. No way to prove they were built as Bassracers or not. The records do reflect by serial # if they had the aluminum transoms or not ,whitch they said the Bassracers had. When I ask why they quit building them I was told because some folks were running them in 1400 mod. production and it did not set well w/ the drag boat owners.

bullwhipjkg

last year in lakeracer a stock promax was 1500ilbs well the only easy way to get my boat to 1500ilbs ready to race and keep it functional for river riding and lake use was to have my step son drive it well since then he has moved out and dont come around much

and pbs i didnt want to add all the extra weight to the boat 1800ilbs was easy and the boat still ran good (1800ilbs) was the weight for a 150 when i raced my boat

bullwhipjkg

and its hard as hell to play on the sand bar with a heavy azz boat
there is some fast boats in this area and they are lite

suicidealli

That is what I figured.. Mine is a lite comp, but don't know the weight. I know it is lighter than the ss I had. I can lift the bow up prolly 10" on the trailer. I would like to weigh it... That is why it runs good, but I would say it is around 750+. The front deck creeks when I stand on it..
It use to be if you ran a 100 you were in the hunt.. Not anymore guys run 110. The beach racing it tuff, and I'm Not talking drag boats.

Roy

Last edited:

racerx

Bullwhip sounds like you need a XR2002 for the beach,much lighter then any bassracer ever built...

John S

Bullwhip sounds like you need a XR2002 for the beach,much lighter then any bassracer ever built...
You know anyone that has a mint one, lol? There's a guy up around these parts that has one that is mint, but he aint letting go of it from what I hear. Just gonna lay in the garage...

alc

Justin,get in touch w/Dean Hollier and talk him out of his xr 2002. It is real nice and lite,and the last time I talked to him he had a 2.7 on it. Evey thing is for sale if you approach it right. It was the last one built that I know of.I know it will run 120+ as I picked it up from Darris w/it as new and pulled it that fast on the way home.

patches

I've watched Oran St Marie buy quite a few "light" XB's only to put them on the scales and they not be as light as the seller claimed. Oran's boat is the only one I've seen that will get to 1400

patches

Yes, Oran's boat he has now will get to 1400 with a 15" Prostock motor and a 175 lb driver. That's with the helmet and jacket. Lightest XB I've seen so far