Bassracers

patches

After watching Oran drive all over the US buying XB's that the owners thought were light I've come to the conclusion, unless they've been hung on a certified scale, most people are just guessing at the weights

suicidealli

I had a tourney, and I couldn't lift the bow off the trailer. It was 890 lb. It drove completely different than mine. Cut the waves better too..lol
I know I wouldn't want one any lighter than mine to fish out of....

A lot of drags out there that are heavier than they think too.... I think Allison exaggerated a little too when guys were ordering them.. My papper work on my boat shows it was ordered as a 460 lb. Boat.. They missed that. I don't know if any were that lite.. A lot of people claim it.. I have heard 430lb. Who knows.

Last edited:

K.Kiser

Probably only a small handful of XR's got down to 460, and even at that it was with no rigging at all... In regard to the XB's, man those weights are all over the place.. With the commonly included rigging that Allison boat co. weighs with, I'd say below 750(ish) is a rare gem...

The 1989 Comp I have has been estimated in the low 800's by allison (typically unreliable) and I wouldn't want to fish out of one much lighter than that, but that's considering we have 12 bazillion acres of stumpy waters... It wouldn't be too much trouble in clearer waters though... It's more than plenty for flogging the waterways and smoking a little chop...

Lotus 50

I lift the bow on my SS all the time to center it on my lift. Rick didn't say anything about the boat being light. I must be strong.

racerx

There is one in MN that weighed 1400 rigged with a big dude drivein it,he used to race odba in mod 1400 and it won at all his shows,it is a all white one,tryed buying it last year and the year before and and and and i think i am getting closer to it..

bullwhipjkg

patches are u talking about the red one that came from al or a diffrent 1 that he got

i like the xr 2002's but i use my boat when its to cold out to get wet so the 2002 fits the bill i can pull up to a sandbar and walk out the front

i can pick the front of my comp up off the trailer when stereo aint in it hell it pops up when i unhook the winch but i bet its in the 850ilb range

Fl Boy in ILL

There is one in MN that weighed 1400 rigged with a big dude drivein it,he used to race odba in mod 1400 and it won at all his shows,it is a all white one,tryed buying it last year and the year before and and and and i think i am getting closer to it..
Jeff
I bet I have the drag that may have been in the same garage as where you are talking, rumor has it you tried to buy it last year, the year before and the year before, LOL

Rick

suicidealli

I lift the bow on my SS all the time to center it on my lift. Rick didn't say anything about the boat being light. I must be strong.
Can you do it with one hand 10"? That is what I'm talking about..lol when I move mine around the yard I lift the tongue of the trailer, and just move it around... Don't bother with the jack.. It isn't a bass racer, but it isn't heavy.

John S

How did I know you would be the guy to get in there and twist his arm. If you come up here and get it without stopping by my house, I will be bringing a 7/8 holesaw and extra batteries for the drill for the next time I see you.

BTW, that's a nice piece.

patches

I had a tourney, and I couldn't lift the bow off the trailer. It was 890 lb. It drove completely different than mine. Cut the waves better too..lol
I know I wouldn't want one any lighter than mine to fish out of....

A lot of drags out there that are heavier than they think too.... I think Allison exaggerated a little too when guys were ordering them.. My papper work on my boat shows it was ordered as a 460 lb. Boat.. They missed that. I don't know if any were that lite.. A lot of people claim it.. I have heard 430lb. Who knows.
My XR is probably a bare 470-475 lb hull, Allison lists mine as a 510 lb boat. I doubt there are any out there that are much lighter, if any.

Last edited:

Lotus 50

I bet I could move the bow with one hand on the lift, and I'm a tall skinny guy, I was kidding about strong. My lift set up is not horizontal, the rear is lower than the front, so that probably helps.

Brack

I guess I need to lose some weight.......Dang, mine is 900 plus...(less troller)....and Mota....LOL

Last edited:

Brack

Patches....you know that boat should be in Oklahoma......(maybe one of these dayz)

....oh and mine is less driver also