Are you dreaming of a 4-stroke..?

aeneas

The four stroke 3000cc V8 engine weights just 95 kilo's with a maximum RPM of 10,500 developing close to 420 horsepower.

From Wikipedia: Scott Gillman was initially entered into the [2012] Abu Dhabi GP as driving a BaBa hull, powered by a Hartley V8 four stroke engine based on a Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle engine. He switched just before qualifying however to a Mercury 2.5 litre two stroke after feeling that the V8 was too powerful for the BaBa hull.

http://youtu.be/RUKMnl6Hqw8

http://youtu.be/PM80wUW6oxY

Last edited:

Dave Hensley

Gotta believe change is coming. Probably looked at the same way the Tower of Power and the first V6 was back in the day. 95 kilos put XB2002's and the new improved 2013 XR2002 back in the game! Just look at the band width that will be saved by not having to debate 2-stroke oil brands. This is why racing is still important. If those big heavy rigs now being offered was what a 4-stroke had to be count me out. Now this changes the complexion of the whole deal. Can you imagine idling up to a dockside bar with that baby hitting the big lick? What about a nitro burning Vtwin Harley?

fnshrmaster

The hayabusa motor is a beast. I have owned several crotch rockets, ridden a hayabusa, they make huge power in a small package.

That would be great if they can get them down to 400 lbs. Kurt

patches

Two Hayabusa motors paired up with turbo's will make more power than our gearcases will hold. I love the concept

Dave Hensley

I wonder if the 95 kilos or 209 lbs is just for the powerhead. If so that is on par with a 2.5. I just got a set of dig scales and picked up a 225x powerhead. It weighed 202 lbs.

aeneas

I want one. Put turbo's on it and even a mild "streetable" tune would be huge horsepower.
H1 V8 Cylinder Engine
Designed and built in partnership with John Hartley. This engine is one of the smallest and lightest V8's available weighing only 90kg. It uses 2 x modified Suzuki hayabusa top ends, billet crank, Carrillo rods, CP pistons, Kent camshafts, 4 stage dry sump pump, 7075 billet crankcases, etc. Built and tested in house at Holeshot Racing.

Available in naturally aspirated 2800cc (400hp), 2900cc (450hp), 3000cc (500hp) and 2800cc twin turbocharged versions in 3 stages of 600hp, 800hp, 1000hp.
Intrestning how they skipped the 600hp version in the pricing and "only" offer stage 1 up to 800hp and stage 2 up to 1000hp.
Prices and info: http://www.holeshot-racing.co.uk/index.php/parts-a-engines/h1-v8-busa
I wonder if the 95 kilos or 209 lbs is just for the powerhead. If so that is on par with a 2.5. I just got a set of dig scales and picked up a 225x powerhead. It weighed 202 lbs.
It looks like the engine is 90-95kg (200-210lbs).

Last edited:

fnshrmaster

Stock they run 197 crank hp at 10100 rpms. That would make for a sweet lake motor, idle nice and scream on top.

It would be cool if they could mate it to a mercury mid, like a v8 conversion we used to do on the old Chevy vega and monza. Interesting....

aeneas

Last edited:

xb03fs

Will it fit under an alien cowl...i would test it at no charge

K.Kiser

We are seeing the final chapter of 2-stroke domination in this sport.. Alot of guys are don't accept a notion outside of that groove, but mark my words... When the gloves come off, the v6 two-stroke won't have a thing to say about it with 350-400 hp...

The horsepower that will happen will require changes in a lot of areas like props, gearcases, etc... I don't like the thought of it myself, but 4 stroke turbos have re-written every motorsport that they've participated in...

Bobalouie

We are seeing the final chapter of 2-stroke domination in this sport.. Alot of guys are don't accept a notion outside of that groove, but mark my words...
Yep, it wasnt but a few years ago that there was similar sentiment in the motocross world, that the 4 strokes wouldnt be able to compete. Look how that turned out.

xb03fs

With 8K to 10K rpms available I would have to think a ski prop could be a topend prop and vice versus..just make one a 250HP torque monster

Darth VMAX

I don't care how much faster it may be.....that thing is WAY TOO D@MN UGLY to even think about going on a transom of my boat!

Last edited:

aeneas

I dream of a detuned version so it can run on pump gas hanging on an all carbon monster SS-2000... 350-370hp, massive torque and total reliability. It would be well within Allison Boats weight restrictions... If not it will soon be possible to build 30% lighter and even more powerful engines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bch5B23_pu0
I think the potential with light extremely powerful 4-stroke engines is just ahead... The future engines will blow our minds!

NOTE: I dislike the current ordinary 4-stroke engines and the worst of them all is the 7 Marine 557... What is the point?

About Koenigsegg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUfkyMCDYhU

Last edited: