Anybody got a DDT I can borrow/rent?

GotMyAlly

Don did email me back. He concurred that it could be the battery for sure, but would need a DDT readout to know for sure.

And yeah.....i won't be buying any Deka's. That's just what came in the boat when i bought it. I've got a big cabelas AGM on the way for the cranking batt. I've got 2 small deep cycle Optimas in the garage I may use for the trolling motor. I know they won't have the reserve capacity i want, but paired with a run/charge system they may work out OK. They'll save weight too.......plus, I already got 'em.

Allyfishing

Hmmm...in the boat when ya bought it. I gotta go look in my hatches and see what's in there. Never gave it a thought reading this til you pointed it out. If there's Deka's in mine I'll yank em out, have them tested with a load tester and if marginal out they go!! Thanks for the slap on the head!! LOL!!! :big grin

GotMyAlly

Still think it is the battery. Couldn't find a battery like I wanted locally, had to order one. Should be on my door step when i get home this evening.

GotMyAlly

Still haven't ran it, but I did disconnect my amp tonight. While i was in there, i looked up the specs and it can pull up to 50 amps. That needs to go on the trolling motor batteries......

RedAllison

Prolly the Flux Capacitor, there all Ball Bearings nowadays. If its not that its RAs IPOD....

TBuck
GIMME MY DAMN IPOD!!! :punch I was looking for it before the Guntersville trip and couldn't find it.

Actually I KNOW Neal wouldn't touch my IPOD, everyone on it is as old as his dad. Sunday on way home I found a REAL classic country station on the radio and texted Jeffro (riding with Neal) to turn it on because Don Williams was on. Neal asked, "WHO DA FEK is dat???" :surprised :confused:

Dat poor child, :rolling eyes
RA

Alli-drenaline Rush

GIMME MY DAMN IPOD!!! :punch I was looking for it before the Guntersville trip and couldn't find it.

Actually I KNOW Neal wouldn't touch my IPOD, everyone on it is as old as his dad. Sunday on way home I found a REAL classic country station on the radio and texted Jeffro (riding with Neal) to turn it on because Don Williams was on. Neal asked, "WHO DA FEK is dat???" :surprised
Dat poor child, :rolling eyes
RA
That is too funny!

Easy Lovin'.... Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn :cool:

smilinjack83

I have the same motor as you and was told that I needed at least 1000 CCAs to work right with this engine, Closest one I could find(Wal-Mart) at the time of my engine install in Tenn.was 975 ccas and so far it has worked.

sj

GotMyAlly

Looks like this motor has the lower rev limit like the early 250XS's did - 5850.

Motor was built in 07, sold new in 09. Should have a 6300 rev limit.

Gonna get it to a dealership next week and see if I can get merc to give me a new ECU under warranty with the 6300 rev limit. If not, I guess I'll be sending it to Simon to bump the rev limiter on up.......

GotMyAlly

Took it in to have it put on the computer this morning. Mechanic confirmed it had a 5900 rev limiter. Merc Racing confirmed it should be 6300. My computer is on its way back to mercury. They're going to reprogram it and send it back.

The good news is, the run history showed that it hit the rev limiter several times in the last few hours of run time, but other than that there were no faults other than water in the fuel at some point early on. Sounds like the previous owner didn't run this motor too hard if they didn't hit the 5900 limiter!

GotMyAlly

Just take it out and skin it back. As long as you aren't over-propped, you'll find out if you have a low rev limiter or not.

GotMyAlly

I was turning a 28" Hydromotive X-OB to 5900. That was 88 MPH (I've got 1.62 gears).

Don't need the computer to check the hours, I've got smartcraft. It's got 55 hours on it.