After 2 hours of plowing.....

Alli-drenaline Rush

Don't know much about the 21s but a left lean on the 03s it means she needs more trim a right lean means stop move more weight left and try again
Can't wait to see that boat
Nathan what you're saying corroborates what I heard from another bud on the board..... I was relating how steering got tight (hard) at 74mph, and he said I needed more trim.

ADR

suicidealli

below 3,500 rpm / 4,500 rpm, the rev limits finally came off.......

Managed to get up to 74 yesterday. 5,800 rpm. 1/2" below the pad. 27 Trophy.

It's addicting for sure.... hard to spend time below 5,000 rpm!

Richard do think with the current set up the motor will pull 7000 rpms?
Your slip number is great for the low rpms. Those trophies are hard to beat for carrying a load, or bigger boat. should be about 90 if you can, I figure slip will drop a little more with tue rpms.
Also how is the trophy coming out of the hole???
A drag plate will if you don't have one...

Roy

Alli-drenaline Rush

Richard do think with the current set up the motor will pull 7000 rpms?
Your slip number is great for the low rpms. Those trophies are hard to beat for carrying a load, or bigger boat. should be about 90 if you can, I figure slip will drop a little more with tue rpms.
Also how is the trophy coming out of the hole???
A drag plate will if you don't have one...

Roy
Roy I'm gonna try to take her out tmrw am if no rain. I was targeting to hit 80 tmrw, but 90 mph / 7,000 rpm might take awhile and more seat time. You might offer an opinion as to whether I run a big hooking risk at 1/2" below and rooster no higher than motor cowl..... It felt like she was solid at 74..... More of a left-lean tendency, with just a touch of chine-walking. Prolly more PIO than chine-walking.

Hole shot was "incredible" relative to my calibration point - the Ranger 521. Launch quick, then revs build quickly to 5,000, slipping all the way, then prop grabs and off I go. This is with 2 PVS holes plugged. Alli-drenaline rush for sure! Don't think I'm gonna need all the motor tuck either. Will prolly end up with tuck limiting rod installed, or take out 2.5 degree wedges. Have skid planer installed. Once I have 10 hr, then serious hammer-time and setup testing! I may be BSing totally, but feels like 3 sec or less 0-30...

Alli-drenaline Rush

I'm gonna try to lash my camera to the boat and get a 0-30 time tmrw...
If my plan works out, I'll get a video of the dash-mounted Lowrance with the speed read-out. Take that footage and dump it into the video editing software. Get a number of speed vs time points, dump that into excel. Use excel to plot a speed vs time curve, and use numerical methods to calc 0 - 800 ft times so you drag boys can get a feel for the acceleration of this ol' Cadillac!!!

I think I'm Darris' brother (anal-retentive)... Somebody must have switched me at birth lol...

Bobalouie

Whats wrong with you Richard? Numerical Methods? I havent heard those two words together since college. Sheesh!

Alli-drenaline Rush

OMG!!!! Not another engineer on here!!!!::punch:banghead:LMAO:
You're late to the game, SmallJaw! Roy figured that out right away when I pulled out the index card deck of questions on Darris at the Ally rally a few years ago lol !!!! :very happy

Alli-drenaline Rush

Took the Ally out today..... managed to reach 88 on 2-3 runs. 6,800 rpm, 1/2" below the pad. Dog-gone camera went blurry at 82 mph! Look at the speedometer on the bottom left of the console....

Roy asked if there was anything left in her... I said heck I just kept mashing, and the more I mashed, the faster she went!

I love my Ally and my 280!

Check out the redneck Go-Pro lol

I think that it is a testament to Darris' engineering skills when I see the rock-solid nature of the hull... Only a bit of chine starting toward the end of the video..... when I run out of lake lol.....