4 adults avg 200 lbs ea in an xb21

xb03fs

How fast can you 3 liter guys carry the load?

I managed 74 briefly but it only felt good at 65-70. Above 70 she felt like she was wanting to drop the bow...

It is amazing the different feel between two adults and four? More cupping?

xb03fs

Is 4 adults an easy 75+ with a 3 liter? I had plenty of pedal it was the bow saying no mas

TB21

How much other weight are you carrying in the boat as far as tackle or whatever?
I've never tried to run any speed the only time I've had 4 in mine.

How fast can you 3 liter guys carry the load?

I managed 74 briefly but it only felt good at 65-70. Above 70 she felt like she was wanting to drop the bow...

It is amazing the different feel between two adults and four? More cupping?

xb03fs

Not a lot. All of my gear but all of my gear is probably less than most. Toolbox, anchor, spare gallon of oil, 4 rods, One medium tackle bag, one 25 lb bag of shot, Full tank of gas. A beach shade ans a folding chair. The only items up front where the chair the shade tent thingy and the tackle bag.

Skis where added when I changed props. By the way along with the chair a slalom and two sets of combos, 5 skis will fit in the center compartment

RedAllison

Yes 3.0s will run over 75 with a butt in every seat and mainly so because they can spin a big enough diameter prop to safely carry such a load at those speeds. (But that doesn't mean I like doing it for frequent craps and giggles)

What prop do you have again? If you feel the bow getting ready to drop (and the A-boats are VERY "communicative" if you just allow them to tell you what they want and pay attention) then by all means STOP at that threshold and don't push it any further until you either figure out another setup or realize that perhaps that's the safest point with 4 aboard with your particular setup/rigging.

You are responsible for EVERY butt in your seats!!! :wink
RA

xb03fs

I am running. 25 xOB it was around 6000. Rpms. Flare has been trimmed. When Todd trimmed the flair it came back with a shallow cupping similar to a tempest or bravo. The oringinal with the flare had a very tight crimped cup. It drives like a dream without the flare solo. Very responsive bow and ability to corner like I did in the 2003. Solo it ran 82 and change at was on the limiter (6809) at 77...

My ski prop is a 24 bravo that has been worked still has the flare and tight crimp cupping it, not a fan of it at wot either. It going to get trimmed a bit as well I am thinking.

GotMyAlly

I've ran 80 with 4 in the boat (plus a livewell full of stripers). Still had plenty of pedal left and the jackplate was at a low/conservative height. Didn't feel like it was going to let go at all. Jackplate height may be another key. When I had a 2.5L motor on mine, the motor really came alive when you ran the jackplate up, and burying the jackplate really seemed to scrub off the RPMs. The 3.0L seems like it's got enough torque that it really isn't as sensitive to height in that regard. Sure, burying it does scrub off a few RPMs, but not hundreds like with the 2.5L.

Last edited:

Allyfishing

Nathan,the only time i ran 4 adults in the 2+2 with the 225PM was a few years ago at the rally. I took Rich and Donna for a ride along with my wife and we only went around 45-50MPH. Donna wasn't too crazy about the wind hitting her in the face in the back seat.

I had my 26P worked TXP OT4 on as usual and it came out of the hole very well and cruised along nicely. But again, not going fast.

the first year with the 2+2/250XS and again at the rally I had Rich in the boat with the wife and me. the last day I had some room and water to get into it a bit and my wife told me we were running 85 at one point and I didn't even realize it. that was with my Bravo 1 worked by Robbie.

xb03fs

yup I need a 3 liter, but this is gonna have to do until I get some things paid off

xb03fs

I think my eyes need checked!
It is so agile with 2 people or even 3 when they are both in back but add the fourth where all 4 seats are full and things change significanlty. 600 lbs of people ok, 800 lbs a little much..

Amazinging holeshot was still surprisingly good. with all the butts in the seats

Last edited:

atcje

I had 4 people in mine once, those 4 people and the junk they brought easily totalled over a thousand pounds, ran 83 without going over the break in limit of 5400 rpm. That was running a 28 bravo, hole shot was pretty good as well. These hulls beg for the 3 liters.

TBuck2003

I am running. 25 xOB it was around 6000. Rpms. Flare has been trimmed. When Todd trimmed the flair it came back with a shallow cupping similar to a tempest or bravo. The oringinal with the flare had a very tight crimped cup. It drives like a dream without the flare solo. Very responsive bow and ability to corner like I did in the 2003. Solo it ran 82 and change at was on the limiter (6809) at 77...

My ski prop is a 24 bravo that has been worked still has the flare and tight crimp cupping it, not a fan of it at wot either. It going to get trimmed a bit as well I am thinking.
Nathan cupping did NOT change...

Darth VMAX

It is so agile with 2 people or even 3 when they are both in back but add the fourth where all 4 seats are full and things change significanlty. 600 lbs of people ok, 800 lbs a little much..

Amazinging holeshot was still surprisingly good. with all the butts in the seats
The 2+2 beings the "slowest" of the multi-seat XB21's, you still have a pretty respectable speed going with that weight.

That pic of mine with 4 is the heaviest I have ever had my XB2002. Like you, I had a full live-well, fuel fuel, ALL my crap in the boat (ski's knee-boards, junk, all my fishing rods/tackle), anchor, etc. I was running 73-74 in the running pic and still had a little throttle left but didn't want to push it (and I was running out of lake). It did seem like it took an eternity to get out of the hole (had the front passenger sit up on the front deck)..

Point being, we were running close to the same, and I have the "faster" boat than yours.

xb03fs

blade from 25 XOB, maybe it didn't change. I don't know I guess

Attachments

xb03fs

Cut the heads
Maybe next year not ready to buy a taller prop yet. I can put this one 6800 already. I want to see what I can get to with stock heads first. Then maybe a higher limiter them maybe some heads. I am not sure 85 is not out of the question with another tweak and some cool,weather