20 to 21

JOEALLY

How many of you guys running xb2003s would move up to the 21' (pro sport or 2+2 or bassport pro) if you had the $$$$$$?

I really like my xb2003 but I'd jump on a 21' if I had the $$$

catfish123

"Logical" to me doesn't go along with purchasing a 21 foot Allison. The "if you had the $$" certainly plays a part in it and although I have the $$, I could never justify in my mind that kind of money for an Allison boat. Don't get me wrong, because I love my XB2003 but for $65000 or more, I'd be looking for a twin engine tunnel hull or something more than a 21 foot Allison has to offer. Things to me are only worth so much and for that reason, a boat at that price is not in my future, although if it came with a written guarantee from Darris that I couldn't flip it, I may have to reconsider....LOL

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

"Logical" to me doesn't go along with purchasing a 21 foot Allison. The "if you had the $$" certainly plays a part in it and although I have the $$, I could never justify in my mind that kind of money for an Allison boat. Don't get me wrong, because I love my XB2003 but for $65000 or more, I'd be looking for a twin engine tunnel hull or something more than a 21 foot Allison has to offer. Things to me are only worth so much and for that reason, a boat at that price is not in my future, although if it came with a written guarantee from Darris that I couldn't flip it, I may have to reconsider....LOL

$65000 is only a sticker price. Deals can be had if you bargain shop. I know it doesn't justify the price tag, but all the cookie-cutter brands have boats in the same price range. If I was gonna spend that much on a fishing boat, it'd sure be on an Allison and not a brand X cowboy craft.

jimbob88

Can never justify a new boat $$. I will be searching hard in roughly 4 years for a good used one.

K.Kiser

Maybe in the future when I "may" have more money, I will likely have to find a good used one just to have what is probably the finest big basser made..

catfish123

No doubt, IF I was going to spend $65000 on a bassboat, it too would be an Allison...........just would NEVER do it.

suicidealli

No doubt, IF I was going to spend $65000 on a bassboat, it too would be an Allison...........just would NEVER do it.
I agree not going to happen......... I would buy a skater or dcb with twin drags... Just can't justify that kind of coin for any fishing boat... 30,000 is a lot of coin for a hobby...... Pro angler different story.. Or at least if fishing could pay for the boat, I'm not that good, and have been fishing longer than some of you guys are old... I was serious at one time, but now it is for fun, and therapy.lol

They are great boats.......

Don't get me wrong I get it, but not for me... I have 3 boats, and have that much coin in them all together, but 3 different kind of boats, and fun......

Roy

robert

I plan on selling my XB21 Bassport Pro next year. Reason; I haven't had it out one time this year. So my plan is to catch the spawn next March and April, then put it up for sale.

SmallJaw

My first house was $43,600.00 and even though that was 32 years ago, it still makes me consider twice spending money in that range on a boat or truck. But I have, and will, probably do it again Lord willing. Here is why for me, and I know it is a unique story, but we all have a story. I play music some. Several instruments, none very well really. 8 years ago I found this really nice mandoline that made my old cheap one look and sound sick. At that time I wouldn't pay almost $2K for a mandoline. A few weeks later I was in the hospital pretty much dying as far as medical science was concerned. I made myself a promise that if I ever got out of the hospital I was going to buy that fancy mandoline. It took me a few weeks of hospital living but on my way home one day I stopped at the Fret Shop in Huntsville, AL and bought the prize mandoline. I play it better than my old one but still not real well. The way I see it is this way, I may not live long and neither might you, but I want to get a few things that make me happy along the way as long as I keep all my other priorities right. Yep I have a 21' BassPort and I love it. I bought it used and that was a good way to get into one. But if I decide to get a brand new one I'll do that too if I have the money. It's an individual thing and I say go for it if you can afford it and want it.:very happy

suicidealli

My first house was $43,600.00 and even though that was 32 years ago, it still makes me consider twice spending money in that range on a boat or truck. But I have, and will, probably do it again Lord willing. Here is why for me, and I know it is a unique story, but we all have a story. I play music some. Several instruments, none very well really. 8 years ago I found this really nice mandoline that made my old cheap one look and sound sick. At that time I wouldn't pay almost $2K for a mandoline. A few weeks later I was in the hospital pretty much dying as far as medical science was concerned. I made myself a promise that if I ever got out of the hospital I was going to buy that fancy mandoline. It took me a few weeks of hospital living but on my way home one day I stopped at the Fret Shop in Huntsville, AL and bought the prize mandoline. I play it better than my old one but still not real well. The way I see it is this way, I may not live long and neither might you, but I want to get a few things that make me happy along the way as long as I keep all my other priorities right. Yep I have a 21' BassPort and I love it. I bought it used and that was a good way to get into one. But if I decide to get a brand new one I'll do that too if I have the money. It's an individual thing and I say go for it if you can afford it and want it.:very happy
What a great story...... Nice to hear a happy one.

Roy

fishnfireman

There are starting to be some used 21's around.
Going from the 2003 to the 21 was great for me for a number of reasons.
First was having to fish big open rough water.
Second was the lack of motor selection you could put on 2003 vs the 21's at the time I bought mine.

MWest77

I'd love an XB21 2+2 but it might as well cost $1,000,000,000 dollars. Not in the realm of being affordable to the average blue collar. House costs $112 in a good neighborhood. 60 plus thousand for a boat. I'll be shopping in the hand-me-down section for a while. Till then, my 89 XTB is plenty of awesome boat for the wife and I. Loving it!:blah blah blah

xb03

I'd be willing to upgrade to a 15' 3L, before trading up for a 21. I'm very happy with my xb2003.

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think I'd do it. Only reason I'd do it is if I ran bigger water. Gotta be careful with the 03 sitting in the water with waves washing over the back. The biggest thing I don't like about the 21s is the way they look. They're very bulbous. You look at the profile of a 2003 and it says "I'm fast!". You don't even need decals on them for people to walk up and say "ooohhh, what's that???" The new ones just don't have sharp like an arrow lines like the older ones do.