Search results

1. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

Loved that Pro Max setup on my XTB 21--precision Allison handling and plenty of speed for me in open type boat. But, have gone with new 150 Optimax to get back on the water before the summer is over. Will post later on the 150 Optimax after breakin, etc. Thanks for posting on this for sale...
  2. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

I'm suspecting ethanol may have gotten mine. Will post again when I find out more. Wondering if there is some practical kit that you can tote around to test for ethanol percentage on the spot? Might be better suited for a new thread as this one is getting worn. Ha! There is a station on...
  3. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

Darris saiid he had been asking $9,500 for the 200 XS--that being tops. And, with pricing to dealers at less now so they can make a few bucks. Hey, Jeff and Glenn charge me more than regular customers. Ha! The V/C and the 3.2L setup must be right on as Glenn was running to Memphis...
  4. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

Agree 100% on handling of the XTB if you stay with 2.5L or similar engines. Even starting at age 47, I got to a precision and comfort level experienced Allison drivers quickly noticed. Allisonman caught me hangin her on the tail down at Glenn's last year. Ha! Also soon developed XTB rough...
  5. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

Chatted with Darris yesterday--both he and brother Glenn want me to stay with 2.5L due to weight of 3.0L engines. Also the 200 Pro XS engines are arriving now. One Tennessee dealer emailed that they are getting 1-2 in each week, $1,000 deposit gets you a spot in line. Ha!
  6. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

Hey,with all the Sea Rays and such on Fort Loudoun Lake these days there are very few days now to run even my 150 at 70. I get out on Monday and Tuesday afternoons and in the Fall when UT football games take center stage. It is not usual to have a 3 foot wall of water coming at you from our...
  7. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

Glenn and Jeff are so busy right now that you cannot get a word in with either of them. Glenn has been to Memphis and Arkansas area two times moving boats just this past week. Glenn is looking good and feeling strong, hoping to keep the business in the black. Many, many Mercury dealers are...
  8. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

First, I was typing this morning with a bad headache and no contacts on/or spell check on. Ha! (I've had Keratoconus the last 31 years--have had a cornea transplant and with a new hybrid soft/hard contact called Synergeyes have regained full 20/20 in my right eye after barely being able to see...
  9. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

Thanks on the Fury prop. I have an old Laser II 26 that came via Allison Boats that Tim Hackney in Soddy-Daisy did years ago that I could test against. I have a more standard Laser II for everyday running. To contine the general discussion--when I consider the 175 Pro XS I'm disappointed...
  10. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

I get it--order a new Fury prop and keep pouring it on and skip signing up for Medicare. Ha!
  11. A

Repower Time, 21 XTB

My 1998 150 Super Mag(with 2.5L EFI, 2.0 H/D Torque Master gearcase) sadly is down. Looks like it is time for new power given the price for new 150 EFI powerhead, oor fix and repair, etc. The compression is up,but Glenn and Jeff C. suspect plastic bearing cages have failed with bad crank...
  12. A

Softouch Boat Cover

Thanks for the information. Recall Darris telling me to take my main cover along in case of a macho thunderstorm. Recall wife Lois getting under it when we got caught out one time on Watts Bar--I had my sunglasses strapped on tight and was holding a towel tightly around my head to keep the...
  13. A

Softouch Boat Cover

I learned from Bill at Allison Boats that they are now using Softouch material for their XB Allison boat covers. When I asked about Sunbrella again for my 21 XTB, Bill said that recent price increases now make the Allison Sunbrella cover nearly as much as the same Allison XTB cover with the...
  14. A

86 xtb reserection

Should be a sharp XTB for years to come. How did you go on the steering or more specifically the cables? I'm on the second set of Mercury mechanical cables in my 89XTB--boat in service new in early 1992. Even though I got the so-called long life Mercury steering cables when replaced...
  15. A

2 Stroke Oil

Reply #2 From your question, I do not get a read on your anticipated use? Maybe resale or sharing a drum with others? But note a 55 gallon drum brings on the issue of dealing with the considerable weight of 55 gallons (at least at first when full) and the need for a pump to fill smaller...
  16. A

2 Stroke Oil

Don't know. Glenn at Reynolds Racing and Marine in Harriman, TN would know. There probably would be the issue of having the 55 gallon drum, buying one, paying deposit, etc. Also several local fishing guys could go in together and buy 55 gallon or lesser amounts to split up and use. Recall...
  17. A

2 Stroke Oil

Per brother Glenn's recommendation I have used the Klotz Outboard TechniPlate KL-333 (gallon size) and/or KL-332 (quart) from Reynolds Racing and Marine for many years with excellent results. Same on break-in oil per the above posts. We beat the rap on price a bit by refilling the Klotz gallon...
  18. A

Anybody have an XB-2003 but really wants an XTB-21?

I have been in the 20' some, but will defer to Darris and others. But first hand I have been able to drive my XTB WOT in an unbelievable amount of chop and wind. Darris has always said that you are not likely to ever see an Allison blow over, but "could trim one over". If it is ONLY chop...
  19. A

Anybody have an XB-2003 but really wants an XTB-21?

The point about wind protection is well taken, but as Darris commented to me several years ago "I have wished a thousand times that I (he Darris) had built the XB-2003 and Grand Sport on the 21' hull". As the owner of a 1989 XTB that I bought new in 1991, I know without a doubt the 21' hull is...
  20. A

XTB-21 - Anywhere in the front to mount a transducer??

I notice water often collects in the front depression or whatever is the proper term. Is this water of any concern? Assume hard running, bouncing over waves, evaporation, etc. eliminates the small amount of water soon. P.s. Have a niece in Perth. Hey send us some summer--ice here in...