Search results

1. whipper

Promax Falls flat at around 6000 rpm.

Im going to try new plugs first. Next to see if there's maybe a bad coil if the plugs don't fix it. Thinking wires, maybe a bad plug wire? Takeoff onto plane was pretty good. Would say not as snappy. Up to 60 floored up on on the pad to around 70, 25 trophy and thats all she wrote. Kinda odd...
  2. whipper

Need part # Jackplate actuator Allison plate

My actuator is giving up the ghost. Its a 2000 Allison Jackplate 12 inch adjustable plate. What actuator do I need for that model any one know so I dont get it wrong haha.
  3. whipper

28 Butterfly Cut

28 fixed small shaft Butterfly cut buy Bill Eaves. Its a very very nice prop and if I didnt have a short fat CLE I wouldn't sell it!!Gets up and goes very easy and quick as any 28 i have ever had! Easily as quick as a Drag3. Its trully a work of art buy one of the masters. $550 to your door. Its...
  4. whipper

Ok Not to beat a dead horse swim ladders. :]

So on a GS is the place you but your knees were the ridges are strong enough to mount a over mount 2 step ladder. i will have to cut one side or modify but more concerned with mount strength in that area with a backing plate. ??
  5. whipper

Holly panda handles location

OK so im tired of everyone in the passenger seat garbing my wind screen with there sun tan lotioned hands! LOL i want to install a grab handle threw the Kevlar dash since everyone seems to want to grab something in front of them. Will that be a strong enough area on the GS? Thanks
  6. whipper

20 inch Mid water tube length?

I need to cut a new water tube any one have there gear case off and can measure theirs for me? i read 17 15/16th but want one more verification on that.
  7. whipper

SetBack / Offset more or less?

Hears a question ive often wondered but never experimented to much with. Would an Allison be more or less Susceptible to hook with more or less setback? Im thinking less prone to hook with more setback as theirs more leverage with more setback. Also what is the most setback you have ever seen...
  8. whipper

changing gearcases and propshaft height.

is there a difference on the gauge going from a 200 bobs coned case to a TM bbs small shaft case? Boats in the water and and cant measure but if the TM is deeper ill just keep the motor a little lower until I can do a pad measurement. Thanks James
  9. whipper

2016 XR 2002

OK pics are up on the Allison web page so hears some more of the black and white one.
  10. whipper

CRT web site is live!!!

Darris will be smiling in his sleep tonight with the new 400hp and soon to be realised detuned version of 320hp billet 2.5 light weight power plant by CRT!! Everyone is saying it is simply awesome and works flawlessly! haha thats just sick...
  11. whipper

Happy New Years Everyone

Happy New Years everyone! May 2016 bring you all prosperity and good health.
  12. whipper

Quikleen for snowblower?

Ya think if I added some Quikleen to my fuel on a 10 hp brig and straton it would be OK? I'm going to pump out the old gas from last winter thought maybe good to add some with the first fuel up to give it some goodness?
  13. whipper

Thoughts on a Center Steer GS?

Ive been toying around with turning my GS into a CC. i realize the resale might go out the window but thats OK it might be a cool project and Im thinking the handling would be better with a 300XS 15 inch. i almost never have more than 4 in the boat ever so this would give me way more room also...
  14. whipper

2015 vacation pics.

Threw out the next month I'll post pics hear of some sweet water when the wake boats arnt out. This was this morning perfect water for 40 miles. I got a get the go pro charged up. This is the first morning at 8am. Going to be 100 deg today.
  15. whipper

ARP steering bolt reminder.

About 7 Years ago there was a bad crash from the steering bolt sheering off. We all got a reminder then to check the bolt with Sea Star steering. This bolt should be stamped ARP TFX on the head of it. Check yours and if it doesn't have this special high strength bolt you might try and order or...
  16. whipper

Ya gotta see this new Allison bling!!!

These are so sweet he did a fantastic job just for us Allison owners. Harrels brought up the Q about the XS motor with hidden cables. in the works im sure. These will be a direct fit for the 2.5 though. enjoy!! Hears a link to the maker...
  17. whipper

I found this in the Canada boating regs

i thought this was funny since wake boats do this crap every day and there still not banned for lakes {YET}.. Operate at a Safe Speed Remember that you may have to stop or turn suddenly to avoid a collision, so operate at a safe speed. A safe speed depends on: • your ability to see ahead...
  18. whipper

First gopro Clip today

Finaly got the Grand Sport out today getting the bugs out for summer. Shot a clip also with the new Gopro. I have to try some new mounting positions as i got the cowl in there. ooops Hope ya like it. 25 Trophy 80 and 85 on the last blast down the lake. Just checking things out. :)
  19. whipper

140 mph ride along

23ft Turbine powered aluminum jet boat taking corners at 140 mph!! Insane fast ride.
  20. whipper

Top Speed Question/Discussion

This sorta keeps me up at night. The XB2003 and XS 2003 ill use as an example what puzzles me. What causes you guys that are running 104-107 mph with a 260,280, S3000 to top out below 110 as an example? A 280 with 260 electronics on a GS or XB with a good 30 pitch should be capable of 110-112...