changing gearcases and propshaft height.

whipper

is there a difference on the gauge going from a 200 bobs coned case to a TM bbs small shaft case? Boats in the water and and cant measure but if the TM is deeper ill just keep the motor a little lower until I can do a pad measurement. Thanks James

whipper

No one ever change to a different gearcase like from a cle to a sm and find there was an adjustment to even with the pad because the size was different? or all are the same. 200,cle,sm and tm?

peteylen

If you still have both cases just measure from prop shaft to top of drive shaft, or measure from prop shaft to top of lower unit housing

Dave Hensley

Whipper I might be wrong but I think all the dimensions from parting line, to center nose, to center of propshaft are the same. I think that is what you are asking? Manufacturing tolerances would be in thousandths of an inch and would not think your set up would see that!!! Now if some real smart guy has been working on the case and it has a nosecone/lwp added you might find the tip of the nose of the cone might be sneakily moved around a bit. Just sayin'.

whipper

Thanks ya might be a good idea in the mean time to just measure from the decked top to the tip of the cone. Shes in the water for a few weeks now so thats the best Ill be able thanks!

hirk

James I run both a coned torquemaster and several coned 200's, no difference

dubmoney

I would think there would be a possiblity that your coned cle and a coned TM may create different amounts of lift. I don't imagine it could be much, but from what I know about you. It wouldn't surprise me if you could sense a difference. Is the angle of the leading edge of the skeg identical angle? I don't pretend to have any real first hand tuning knowledge purely theories. I should get my new case next week and am looking forward to testing

whipper

dub your right. I would say the tm has more lift than the 200 case I had on before. The 200 case is a smaller dia case thats why they are so fast. Faster on Allisons with a 260 280 or S3000 i would say more than a 225. The TM might even be faster on a GS or XB03 because it has more lift being a larger dia case at the speeds these heavier hulls have with a 225 or less. Though I have only been mid 80,s to 90 with this new case it seems to get to 85 quiker with a 25 pitch than the old case. Bow stays higher with less trim and its easier to keep it up when doing a rolling drag start. The 200 case with my slow trim I would have to pretty much hold the trim lever up from a rolling start and not let off until I was moving well enough for the pad to take over.

whipper

Yes i already love it once I got everything squared away with the cooling. Thanks for all your help it was reassuring to get your advise and opinion on things.