Search results

1. B

Thinking about selling my '89 xtb 21

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Allison,I've owned it for ten years,and have liked it better than any boat I've owned ,but I just don't have time to run it anymore ,it is just sitting in my shop not doing me any good. It is covered in dust in the pic. It had new factory carpet 5 years ago...
  2. B

Wanting to trade for a 28p trophy plus...

I have a 26p Hydromotive tx4 in great shape I'd say 9/10 that I ran on my 2.4 but I'm going to a 2.5 and I'm wanting to Try a 28p.im located close to huntsville al and could meet somewhere within reason or ship.any questions pm me or call/text (256)655-0396. I also have a 26p trophy plus that I...
  3. B

Exhaust plate question

I'm swapping power heads on my xtb21 and I'm going from a 2.4 to a 2.5 I have a 20" bass mid on my boat now and it has the stock 2.4 two piece plate on it. My question is will an offshore one piece fit my bass mid. Any help would be appreciated.btw if it won't I have a one piece offshore exhaust...
  4. B

Bridgeport for sale

I have a center horn bridgeport complete power head for sale it has good compression numbers on 1-5 and none on #6 it was a strong running motor. Has digital cdi box. Injectors cleaned and tested last year. im just going back to a more fishing friendly motor. Pushed my xtb21 to 92.7 One person...
  5. B

To build or not?

I have a '91 Bridgeport center horn that I have ran on my xtb21 for about four years. #6 cylinder went down and I am trying to figure out if it would be practical to build this motor. It currently is an all nic motor. And as was inherent in these motors the bridges are cracked between the ports...
  6. B

Hydromotive prop 26p

I have a 26p four blade tx4 for sale. Prop is mirror finish and is 9.5 out of 10 condition. I can text pics if interested asking 350.00 shipped or make offer. Pm me or call 256 655 0396 thanks
  7. B

'93 xri cut to drag specs

I have a ph I bought last year with intent of building it to go on my xtb21.Decided to go with a milder mannered fishing motor.i bought the motor off of an xb2002 yellow/black that had been in a fire. The plastic on the wiringwas melted. The motor was cut by Larry Mumford from Georgia,I spoke...
  8. B

150 mercury Powerhead for sale (needs sleeve)

I have a complete mid eighties 150 Powerhead for sale. I traded this off a guy here in north Alabama and had planned to build it for an extra Powerhead but need some Christmas money worse.lol It is complete and has a lot of good parts if somebody needs them. Motor is close to Huntsville Alabama...
  9. B

Need Chicamauga help

Hey guys, I'm fishing a Heartland anglers tournament this Fri and Sat out of Richland creek at Dayton. I'm from Huntsville Alabama and know NOTHING about this lake. I know several of you are from east Tennessee and if you have got any advice or tips for this lake this time of the year or better...
  10. B

What's it worth?

Ive got a 2.0 150 mercury Powerhead that's been sitting in my shop in the way. If I remember right it needs one cylinder sleeved. It's a complete drop on. I was just wondering what would be a ballpark price of what it would bring.i just don't have any use for it. Thanks as always
  11. B

Looking to trade Hydromotive

Ive still got a Hydromotive tx4 26p prop that I would like to trade for a 28p ally cut chopper. Prop is a 9.5 out of 10. Small shaft. Anybody interested call me or pm me. My number is 256-655-0396 thanks
  12. B

'nuther 260 question...

After y'all helping me to find out who owned the burned up Allison that I bought the motor off of, I called my Mumford in Georgia, who built the engine, he said it was his personal motor that he ran at Jasper a year or two ago. He said the port timing and exhaust has been been ported the same as...
  13. B

175 chrome bore Powerhead for sale

Cleaning out my shop and need to sale an extra Powerhead. It is an '85 2.4 175 I believe all the bores are original chrome. I ran it one season on my xtb. It is as clean and low hour 85 chrome bore you will find. Only mod is the heads have been cut .040". Strong running motor for what it is...
  14. B

26p hydromotive to trade.....

I've got a 26p hydromotive tx4 that I would like to trade for a 28p four blade hydromotive or an ally cut chopper. Prop is in excellent condition, small hub. I will try to find out how to post pictures on here . (Technologically challenged) lol. If interested pm me or call (256)655-0396 thanks...
  15. B

Lesson learned!

Went out this afternoon to try a 28 pitch ally cut chopper on my xtb. The prop ran GREAT, but after making a couple of passes I u-turned around and started back upstream when I noticed something floating in the river, I thought some poor dummy blew his ice chest or tackle box out and when I got...
  16. B

What kind of speed?

Guys, if I can ever get it put together I'm gonna put my 2.5 260 on my xtb 21. I'm currently running an efi Bridgeport which I have really liked. I was just wondering infant of you run, or know anybody that has run a setup like this. I've never ran a 2.5 260 and was curious how much difference...
  17. B

Nic question....

I've got another newbie question for y'all . I'm getting ready to builda2.5 260. The motor has been bored and sleeved, .030" over. I wish it was still a Nic motor, so is there any way it could be re- nicd ? I think I have heard they could not once they were sleeved but never hurts to ask. And if...
  18. B

Crank question

Ive got my 2.5 260 I'm building tore down out in the shop and it may be a few months till I can scrape together to get all my parts. My question is does it matter how I store the crank when it is out of the block. I've been in a lot of auto machine shops and they had the cranks hanging. A guy...
  19. B

Getting ready to build a 260

I'm getting ready to build a 2.5 260, it will be my first outboard to build. I have got it tore down and everything looks good, but I have heard different people talking about needing to check the cylinders to make sure they have not wore egg shaped. I was just wondering what kind of tolerance...
  20. B

Older carb 200 question....

A friend of mine just bought an old chrome bore 200 mercury Powerhead to go on his Gambler. It currently has a late eighties Mariner 150 on it. The 200 had caught fire with the previous owner and the wiring harness was damaged so we decided to swap the harness off the 150 over to the 200. Itsmy...