Need Chicamauga help

bc's xtb21

Hey guys, I'm fishing a Heartland anglers tournament this Fri and Sat out of Richland creek at Dayton. I'm from Huntsville Alabama and know NOTHING about this lake. I know several of you are from east Tennessee and if you have got any advice or tips for this lake this time of the year or better yet a recent report it would be greatly appreciated. There are already 280 boats registered and first prize is a new Triton tr-21. Sure would love to win it (so I could sell it and put a drag on my Ally) lol. Not trying to find out your secret honey holes, just hate to fish it blind. Thanks and God bless!

msharp

Boy you got some stiff competition this weekend ! I was down bout a week ago and if i was going back i would work from about mile south of the bridge on the main channel flats with frogs early and spinnerbaits around the grass edges as the day go's on.

msharp

Dave that will.be a good deal ! Its getting better every week . Me and the woman is going to fish one on Gunthersville on the 20th.

white03

Fished there about this same time last year in a BAIT tournament. when you come out to the main river turn left and go about two miles, then there will be 2 or 3 three cut-through canals on the right side going into a large backwater slough. Fish the bank closest to the river channel (left bank when you come out of the cut through) with a 1/4 oz red eye shad. Did fairly well in there just missing the top 20...

bc's xtb21

Thanks for the info, sorry I took so long to post back. Been one more busy week. We ended up just out of the money, we caught some real good fish in practice but a front came in the first day of tournament and slowed things down, or I will blame it on that anyway. We put in at Dayton and ran down to Dallas Bay about 30 miles each way. Ended up catching all our good fish in the grass on black Spro frogs. Had a couple between 4-5 lbs. just like back home on Guntersville if you pulled up to a grass mat and could hear bream popping on top you were in business and if you didn't hear any dont even waste your time. Really liked the lake and beautiful area.thanks again for the help guys! BTW White 2003 it's good to see another Ally owner in the area, I saw you are from Huntsville, I'm about fifteen minutes from town in Harvest. I fish Wheeler and Tim's Ford a lot.domt see a ton of Ally's in this area

white03

i'VE HAD MY xB03 SINCE SHE WAS NEW IN 97, SO BEEN RUNNING IT AROUND HERE SINCE THEN and been on this site since 97 too. Actually I live in Priceville/Hartselle area, but put Huntsville cause most people know where that is. I also fish Wheeler a lot, but also G'ville, Wilson, Pictwick, Weiss, Lay, Logan Martin. You get the picture. I fish two clubs out of Huntsville and also BAIT. Thinking about fishing Heartland next year....maybe. So we might cross paths soon..:) If you see me on the lake wave me down and we'll talk Bro

bc's xtb21

Sounds good, me and a buddy of mine fish a lot of tournaments on Wheeler and down on the Bear Creek lakes, thats where I grew up.