Recent content by pacman809

1. P

Pricing for Used XTB

All, thanks in advance. Need some help pricing our XTB for sale. It's an '87 and is solid as a rock. Runs in the low 80's with a strong, never apart, '97 200hp 2.5 EFI.(15-18psi in all cylinders). Brucato cleaned and recalibrated injectors. Hasn't been used more than 10 hours in the last 3...
  2. P

1991 21XTB

My '87 XTB/2.5 has hung on a 10" setback and has worked out well for all around activities. I do run light as a rule.
  3. P

New guy...87 xtb 21

Welcome- I also own a 1987 XTB. Run an '97 200 EFI with a 4 blade Trophy 26". Willing to share the good, the bad and the ugly as needed.
  4. P

New 3.4 Merc Lower Unit Question

Attended the NY Boat Show last week and spent time at the Mercury booth. It appears that the new 3.4L Seapro's are finally a little lighter(470lbs) and could possibly be a replacement for our aging 2.5EFI (405lbs.) The question of the day was about the standard lower unit vs. the TorqueMaster...
  5. P

Leaning to the right

I've run my XTB with two 25 pound bags of shot in the rear left compartment ( no batteries) now for about 8 years. Someone on this forum made the suggestion and it straighten the boat right out when running alone. I generally don't take it "upstairs" when accompanied by friends and family...
  6. P

rev limiter on a 200efi

I have an '97 200 EFI and was told the Rev. litter was set around 6200 and that pretty much is where she tops out with either of my two props. 26 Pitch 4 blade Trophy and 3 Blade 26" Allison cut Chopper.
  7. P

Winter Engine Surprise?

Thanks all. This is a '97 200 EFI that's been running fine to date. I think I may go ahead and replace the lower seal and check the bearing while I'm in there. Good winter activity.
  8. P

Winter Engine Surprise?

Beats me. This is not a new motor ('97) and I've had the lower unit off a number of times and never saw this color grease. I pack the spines with regular black bearing grease when putting the lower unit back on. This tan/ grey stuff was new to me.
  9. P

Winter Engine Surprise?

While winterizing this this weekend, pulled the lower unit for storage and a new impeller in th spring. Found suspicious grey grease around the top of the shaft that usually suggests water and oil mix. I've never seen this - anyone? Strange place for this mix- blown seat gasket? Cracked spacer...
  10. P

Hello

Bigj77- I run a 200EFI on a '87 XTB- 10" setback with a 26" 4 blade Trophy. The lower unit has a Bob's retro fit low water pickup nose cone. My best GPS speed is 83mph. I have an 3 blade Allison cut chopper that can top out around 85mph but is a pretty hairy ride with the trim too far out. I...
  11. P

questions about older xtb's

Crain, I've had my XTB for 7 years now. It's an '87 with a '97 200 EFI. Does everything well including family skiing/tubing. Your '88 should be all composite as it is my understanding the '87 was the transition year from wood. We've upgraded to more comfortable seating but other than that, it's...
  12. P

Oil Tank Cap float alarm

fenwayfear- I had a similar problem a few years ago with my '97 200 EFI. Apparently the oil tank cap had split horizontally around the lid from over tightening. It took me a while to figure it out as I could not see the thin split (Black plastic!) I know a little bit about engineered materials...
  13. P

Mercury 200hp 4 Cylinder Verado

Vacationing down in the Keys this week and have seen a few new Mercury 200hp Verado's. They are 4 cylinder machines and look small. According to the Mercury website, they are still 510lbs(heavy!) In case I have to retire my 1997 200 EFI ( old- but runs fine)- does anyone have any experience or...
  14. P

Looking at a XTB couple questions.

HTHM- Did you get what you were looking for? I just saw your post on an XTB. I have a fair amount of stuff- the original brouchre, hull patent, wiring diagrams, etc. I will try to upload files here but not sure if it will work. Pacman
  15. P

Rub rail insert replacement for a xtb21

FastAlly- I also replaced my XTB rub rail and agree, the purchase is easy, the install, ...not so much. Lots of hand work. One suggestion, the rail will shrink over time so if you can plan on leaving a little extra at the end, plan on it. I ended up with about a 1.5" short after about 6 weeks...