Leaning to the right

Lotus 50

Usually when I want to go fast, I take out the passenger seat and slide the driver seat to just right of center. SS2000, 225 Promax.

Today I left the passenger seat in. There was a definite lean to the right in the high 80's. Is there any risk to that? Hydromotive 28 T4X.

Rick Propst

if you do not have a 50 pound weight on the left side when you are sitting on the right it will lean no matter what,, my boat is center steer only and if im by myself with a 5-10 pound cooler and it moves my boat leans which ever way the cooler slid lol Very Weight Sensitive

pacman809

I've run my XTB with two 25 pound bags of shot in the rear left compartment ( no batteries) now for about 8 years. Someone on this forum made the suggestion and it straighten the boat right out when running alone. I generally don't take it "upstairs" when accompanied by friends and family anyway. Have to keep the one's that are still talking to me around and alive!

Jr in Jax

I have quit trying to balance out my boat and just drive it however it is loaded. Balancing it makes driving it a lot easier and probably safer, but I am getting lazy in my old age.

Lotus 50

I can remove the passenger seat and slide the driver seat over. No need for ballast. Ballast would be as much work as removing the passenger seat. One day I ran fast off balance. But was I lazy or lazy and stupid to run fast leaning to the right?

whipper

If it dips to the left raise the motor, if it dips to the right either add some tab or lower the motor. Working a SM like an aileron makes a big difference at the bottom of the tab trailing tip..

Last edited:

SLOmofo

I took the Side Slide out and drilled and tapped the Aluminum plate that's under the carpet to match the holes in the seat. Probably 5 sets. Now the seat is lower and my knees fit. Also mounted the gas pedal to the floor, my toe would catch up under the dash before. I rarely have anyone else in the boat but if I do I take the canvas bag with lead shot to balance it out.

Lotus 50

LOL, it is leaning left now. I'm breaking in my 200XS and want to create drag so I'm running the motor too low deliberately. 4000-5400 rpm at 3/4 throttle. Lowering the engine gets me close (I hope) to 3/4 throttle at 4000 rpm.