Hello

Bigj77

Probationary User
I finally got a chance to be a member on the form now that I've had my xtb for some time now. Still wondering what it will go.

Attachments

Reactions: Jon

Freebird

You're supposed to tell us. :D

Depends on prop, engine height, etc. I'm assuming it has a nose cone of some sort and isn't a stock lower unit. I had one with a mostly stock 225 carb motor that would run low 80's set up to fish.

Bigj77

Probationary User
Ok I'm still working on a couple issues with the trim blowing the fuse on side of the motor. And also may switch the steering to hydro steer then hopefully figure out where to add weight to ballast correctly. Mine is just a 98 2.5 200 efi fishing motor.

Freebird

Why change to hydraulic unless your mechanical is giving you problems? If it ain't broke, don't fix it... that kind of thing. To each his own, but I like the feedback I get through mechanical steering. That being said, if my mechanical steering goes south, I'd replace it with hydraulic. My 225 was a 2.4 carb motor, so your 2.5 should be stronger. Ballast goes in the port side as far back as you can get it. Depends on your weight, but you'll just have to experiement with it. Put everything you can on the port side before you start adding ballast.

pacman809

Bigj77- I run a 200EFI on a '87 XTB- 10" setback with a 26" 4 blade Trophy. The lower unit has a Bob's retro fit low water pickup nose cone. My best GPS speed is 83mph.
I have an 3 blade Allison cut chopper that can top out around 85mph but is a pretty hairy ride with the trim too far out. I plan to live forever so sticking with the Trophy for all around skiing and family stuff. Enjoy! Pacman809