Recent content by jcoats3

1. jcoats3

Promax 225 crank

I'm need a new or replacement. Part number on mine is 455-850690T1. It is discontinued as new. Only one that shows is a part number 455-9536T4. I don't have my engine block serial number with me at moment. Was wondering if any one new the difference in the two cranks. Or had a good used one...
  2. jcoats3

Bad day fishing get worse

Not yet.
  3. jcoats3

Bad day fishing get worse

Sat. Morning was great day starting till after all said and done. I watched 15 pounds of fish come off my hooks at the boat jumping over net and all. That would have won my club tournament. Then in way back to landing with only the two fish me and my son was able to out in boat out of 15 on...
  4. jcoats3

Pro Max maximum RPM

Mine will turn right at 6275 to 6300 loaded to fish with my 27 pitch hydro OT. It will turn my 24 pitch XOT to the limit at 6850. Pretty much stock 225 pm .15 over from rebuild. Now that is in 90 degrees heat with high humidity so nice wether might do more.
  5. jcoats3

Head gaskets

Got put back together. Put hose on and found water leaking from base of power head by #6 cylinder. Tighten the two nuts in that corner a third a turn. Ran on hose then no leak and cylinder no water. Ran on lake other day pulled plug still dry. Going out this motto check all torques. And hook...
  6. jcoats3

Head gaskets

Thanks.
  7. jcoats3

Head gaskets

Got head gaskets ordered, quick question is any thread locker on head bolts. Didn't look like when took out . Don't have a manual to see. Worked and built motorcycles and quad race engines just never dove off into an outboard. Thanks.
  8. jcoats3

Head gaskets

This is head gasket does it look like something bad went on or just went out.
  9. jcoats3

Head gaskets

Is there much any other way for water to get in a cylinder then a head gasket. Without major destruction. Went to change the plugs and notice moisture on the plug in #6 cylinder. 225 promax. Was rebuilt little over 2 years ago got around 50 hours on now. Fixing pull the head to look but was...
  10. jcoats3

Ally cooler

Don't plan on don't want get in trademark stuff. She just trying stuff
  11. jcoats3

Ally cooler

Just let see for bit. Sorry.
  12. jcoats3

Sons 8th birthday monday

Wife just finished this for party tomorrow. As extra bonus for him he beat me fishing this morning in little club get together. I didn't put a keeper in boat.
  13. jcoats3

ODBA in Wetumpka, AL

Anyone here going (watch or race). was wondering about times both days. Planning on take the boy to watch
  14. jcoats3

Need help fish finder/ depth finder

I got a helix 5 mounted at dash. The seven would do better for detail on SI. The 999 is a lot nicer got on front. Transducer mounted in middle of homemade holeshot plate on allusion 9 inch jack plate.
  15. jcoats3

Merc fat shaft hub snubber adhesive

You can get a replacement set of strips. Think I ordered a set from Reynolds