Recent content by Flipper

1. Flipper

Need trolling motor advice for my xb2003.

My new to me xb2003 needs a trolling motor. What length is recommended? Looking at a 48". I'm told a 12v 55lb is more than enough. It looks like I'll need a mounting plate in order to fit the small front area on the boat too. Any advice much appreciated.
  2. Flipper

Hi from an old newby...

Here's a pic of the new arrival. White with green trim. I've got about ten hours seat time so far. Went through some nasty chine walking at first around 65mph and I was expecting that. It only chine walks now if I think about it. If I just drive and keep my mind off it I'm okay. Had her up to...
  3. Flipper

Hi from an old newby...

Been lurking for a decade and finally got my ally. Just got a new to me XB2003 with a 250XS. Hope you don't mind a few (or a lot) of questions.
  4. Flipper

About your boat for sale... Where are you located?

About your boat for sale... Where are you located?
  5. Flipper

Cool boat

Not mine. Just saw it for sale on the internets. http://massachusetts.findanyboat.com/boats/1980-vintage-allison.html
  6. Flipper

98 XB2003 with Mariner super mag

Where is the boat located?
  7. Flipper

1999 xb2003 for sale

pm sent.
  8. Flipper

1999 XB2003 w/2000 Merc 280

Where is the boat located?
  9. Flipper

92' 2002 comp/280 SS

Beautiful. Is that cable steering?
  10. Flipper

Grand Sport Wanted

There's one on screamandfly without motor right now in LA.
  11. Flipper

Anyone run a 175 carb on a 2002?

Hey I can't thank you folks enough for the knowledge and advice.
  12. Flipper

No, didn't say but it's the small centre console version.
  13. Flipper

Please let me know if you look at it. I'd value the opinion of an Allison owner. Are you looking for another Allison?
  14. Flipper

It's mostly the lower unit mods. I'm worried I'd blow it up like the previous owner did. The engine only has an RPM range of 4500 to 5500. This will be my first high performance boat so I am far from an expert on this. The cost of gas concerns me too.
  15. Flipper

Hey Gary, I'm just west of Ottawa. You? Boat is in Bobcaygeon. I saw it on Kijiji. I didn't go look but asked for pictures. One back seat is a bit chewed on a corner but useable and there is a small chip in the white gelcoat at the bottom of the transom. The other seats and carpet look perfect...