120 mph bass boat gps

SLOmofo

Dave bush the OMC guru builder can make well over 400 hp on pump gas.."

Mine was detuned to 450 from 470 on Chevron 91 octane. This engine was on my XB2003. I finally made a trim system that should work. It's apart now in AZ being freshened up and a couple tweaks. Then put on the dyno and remapped, with the knowledge he has gained in the last 2 years. Dave has mentioned going after the outboard record.

This is from Jasper a couple of years ago....

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w245/gfinch/Dave Bush/?action=view&current=Jasper071022Startingontrailer.mp4

whipper

Is there even a category made for a modded motor in the Bassboat speed records? {{The 116 record was for bone stock production motor and boat.}} There can be zero modifications to either and the boat has to have been in production and selling as is with no mods.

Thats were what Dave Shook did is even more impressive. Any one running the numbers he ran is usually in a one off boat with a one off modified motor! No one I have heard of is even remotely close to 120 with stock everything like the rules state.

If your talking modified motors then thats a completely different story. A good driver and a Bush motor like Gary's has my vote in an Allison hands down over a Merc 3lt modified any day.:beer: Heck Shooks been over 125 with his 02 fishen boat stock with stock power. 120 with modified power? You will need to be over 130 I'm afraid if thats what record one wants to go for. Unlimited bass boat record not production stock record. Not sure if there is such a thing but one can make one up I guess? BIG Difference.:beer:

chad202

Just don't pull on side a stroke with some power and a driver cause you'll be whopped.

allisonriverrat

well pound for pound alli verses stroker with same power, i dont see a stroker ahead sorry. unless the alli driver just cant drive. i think neal edwards has proved that a couple times alread. years a go a t picwick and at clifton havin fun with go pro.

Last edited:

h2oskiier30

well pound for pound alli verses stroker with same power, i dont see a stroker ahead sorry. unless the alli driver just cant drive. i think neal edwards has proved that a couple times alread. years a go a t picwick and at clifton havin fun with go pro.
I agree with 2.5L power. Once you get into the big blocks, all bets are off. Strokers will run with large power. Put a stock 2.5L (apples to apples) on both, and it's no contest....the Ally wins in a walk. Just totally different designs. The Ally's (pre XB21) were never designed to run with big block, huge horsepower. They were designed to run fast and efficiently with smaller horsepower.

DragAlly02

I just never felt safe with the big block on the ally I know my setup was not dialed in at all but still" when I hit some ruff water in the 03 at jasper it got squirrelly. Couple a dialed in set up with a 15 inch Taylor marine mid and a raised limiter like Dave bush racing 300 xs and you would have a beast just not willing to spend that kinda money on a motor like that. Plus the small ally's like the small wheels from what I have tested Ann's RPM"s

Mike

Alli-drenaline Rush

Well Roy you are right and I'm eating crow. I looked at the video somewhere between 1:19 - 1:35 and it took the guy 16 sec to go past two power poles. At 120 mph, 8 sec = 1,408 ft.... The guy says on S&F he is from Plantation, FL... I found using Google Earth a canal near Plantation with a power line like the one in the video, situated about the same distance from the canal as it appears in the video... Same single power pole configuration (there is a canal near Plantation with a double power-pole configuration). And the distance between poles is...... 1,400 ft. I stand corrected.

Richard

patches

Take the same motor and propeller off that Stroker and put it on an XB2002 and let us know how it turns out.

patches

Well Roy you are right and I'm eating crow. I looked at the video somewhere between 1:19 - 1:35 and it took the guy 16 sec to go past two power poles. At 120 mph, 8 sec = 1,408 ft.... The guy says on S&F he is from Plantation, FL... I found using Google Earth a canal near Plantation with a power line like the one in the video, situated about the same distance from the canal as it appears in the video... Same single power pole configuration (there is a canal near Plantation with a double power-pole configuration). And the distance between poles is...... 1,400 ft. I stand corrected.

Richard
You have to be the most analytical guy I know. Lol. You the man!

whipper

Richard
Richard untrusting are we? :beer: That is to funny you went threw all that trouble. Good thinking for sure! I know there was somthing about the way the shore went buy didnt seem fast enough. Thats a fast place!Ive seen several boats do 120 threw that same canal on Youtube and S&F. The fella with the 300X on the Lanier does 120 threw there also. Straight and protected well on both sides from wind with just enough width.

whipper

Take the same motor and propeller off that Stroker and put it on an XB2002 and let us know how it turns out.
Or take Shooks stock 300 Drag of his 02 with the 29 Mazco prop he used to go 122-125 with and put it on the Stocker and see how that turns out for the Stocker.:big grin

xb03

Or we can use a new 21' Allison and put a 450hp+ Dave Bush on the back and let her eat!!

whipper

Ya know there is no apples to apples hear at all, And no threat to our Allison's from any manufacture on the planet of ever breaking any of Allison's records ever again. The hulls today that will be buiLt will all be designed around the new heavier motor platform. In order to break any record that an Allison holds it would have to be done with a 2.4 or 2.5 lt motor. Since the 260 and 300 drag are no longer in production thats it. There is however a new area of boat with the new era of motor. All the records from now on will be set with these new power plants and hulls designed specifically for the power plants of today. Allison is designing boats for this new era also. The new 21 basser the 23 ft GS coming soon I hope? These will be designed for the 3+ lt motors.

One could say that the Stroker that does 120mph is the fastest Bass Boat on the planet with a modified next gen motor over 2.5 liters. He could probably call the record guys and set up a date to add this to the record books. Its all different now. But one thing will always remain. Allison will be the king of speed with 2.5lts or less forever by the looks of things.

Last edited:

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
I think what everyone needs to remember is the Stroker is a 21 foot true bass boat. Not the one in the video but, a regular stroker. Comparing a regular Stroker to a XB 2002 is not fair comparison. Comparing it to a XB-21 is. From everything I have seen they are quite a bit fast than the XB-21. I dont think anyone has come close to 100 in the XB-21 with any motor on it. I am pretty sure C&O Marine had a yellow XB-21 with a Hydrotec monster Yammie on the tail and it didnt bust 100. I know there are a few here that know about Tweety and Nightmare. Not to sure what Paul Hottman called his. They were running better than 110. I also think that a couple of them blew over. Here is a video of Tweety.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyPp0hHLIw

Last edited:

GotMyAlly

I wouldn't use c and o as a base line......they didn't have the experience to set up an Allison to run.

Tweety wasn't a stock production boat. But definitely very fast!