XTB-21 and tubing.

shuddyssoup

This may sound like a simple question but my family wants to use the Ally for tubing or knee boarding. How do y'all pull ??? On my Bullet I had the harness that floated behind the motor. My Ranger had the pole for the back seat. Can that be done the XTB or should I just use the harness ???

Mike

xb03

I would use the v-harness, it's what I use when skiing or tubing.

shuddyssoup

Yeah I didn't know where I could mount the support poles on the back of boat. That was my biggest concern ...

shuddyssoup

Do you have any photos of how you have it mounted. I mean I know it mounts in the seat hole but what about the support brackets ???

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
I put a ski pole on my old XTB, and I put 'em right were Bill told me to and it worked great!

*Note, photo courtesy of member Ocktane

Last edited:

pacman809

We have used a standard (Overtons)ski pole using the rear seat mount on our XTB for years. It is easy to clip in and out. I can send photos as to how the struts were mounted in the rear well. Send me an email if you are interested. pac.man1@comcast.net

Darth VMAX

I use the v harness and one problem is the spray when you are lying face forward on a tube.
That when you need one of those balls and the bungee tube ropes. That helps a lot and it keeps the rope up nice and high...no getting caught in the wake.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=SportsStuff-Booster-Ball&i=14181&aID=600G6&merchID=4006

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Airhead-Bungee-Tube-Tow-Rope&i=10369&aID=600G6&merchID=4006

Lotus 50

I use the rope harness tied to the stern eyes. A friend of mine builds and repairs boats and he has seen a lot of pulled out pylons. Unless the pylon is well anchored, if the tube noses under, it can be a sudden and big load on the boat.

msethsmile

Funny Guy
i think overton's pole is a Swivel-Eze. Watch your mounting points so you can still get into side lockers without messing with pole.

jimmyb

i highly recommend pinning the post that goes into the seat post. I managed to pop out the post once and destroyed a cowl. (sumberged a tube and the force pulled out my pylon from the rear seat post.) I "simply" drilled a .25" cross pin to prevent future issues

xb03fs

i highly recommend pinning the post that goes into the seat post. I managed to pop out the post once and destroyed a cowl. (sumberged a tube and the force pulled out my pylon from the rear seat post.) I "simply" drilled a .25" cross pin to prevent future issues
Pin it for sure.

shuddyssoup

Awesome photos of the installation. Having a Ranger with a pole was really nice because the Bullet just had a rope and it was forever a spray issue for the rider. We don't do it often but the option is so appealing. Plus I like the hint about the pin. Thanks for all the options guys.