XB21 Prop?

JB1

Hey guys, have XB21 with a 225 ProXS. The boat's loaded down with fishing gear and a 36v trolling motor. Any prop ideas?

GotMyAlly

What kind of speed are they getting?
I think Denver hit 90 and RA was in the upper 80s.

Oh, and I'm running a stock torque master.
That changes things. The only 21 I've driven with a non-coned gearcase only had a 175 on it and even that rig was starting to hit speeds where it was a handful to drive with the gearcase buried. I think you'll have to either cone that torquemaster or trade it for a sportmaster to reach the full potential of your rig.

Reactions: JB1

JWolff

If you stay with the torquemaster i doubt the xob is the right prop. Dont get me wrong, i believe in todd and his product, that is why i just bought one like 3 weeks ago but on my one trip out with my xob i was somewhere around 1" below pad and the boat was not running good at all. At similar elevations my bravo xs ran better. I am hoping to go out again tomorrow and run more in the 1/2" above range and see what it does.

Allyfishing

Hey guys, have XB21 with a 225 ProXS. The boat's loaded down with fishing gear and a 36v trolling motor. Any prop ideas?
With it loaded down and the gearcase buried would you possibly have the funds to get the gearacse coned?? Is the 225 with 1.62 gears?

GotMyAlly

I think it's going to be hard to set it up right with any prop with the motor buried as deep as it'll have to be to keep water psi with the torquemaster.

JWolff

Is it the newer torquemaster or the older version? Arent the newer ones able to go a little higher and do better than the old version?

Allyfishing

I think you are correct John. Teb Jones has a 250 Pro XS with a Torquemaster gearcase and he runs it higher than the earlier ones.

JB1

With it loaded down and the gearcase buried would you possibly have the funds to get the gearacse coned?? Is the 225 with 1.62 gears?
What kind of $$$$ are we talking about for a coned TM?

JB1

If you stay with the torquemaster i doubt the xob is the right prop. Dont get me wrong, i believe in todd and his product, that is why i just bought one like 3 weeks ago but on my one trip out with my xob i was somewhere around 1" below pad and the boat was not running good at all. At similar elevations my bravo xs ran better. I am hoping to go out again tomorrow and run more in the 1/2" above range and see what it does.
What's the difference in the Bravo xs and fs? I see two choices on Merc's site. What about a Promax wheel?

JWolff

I believe the xs is the one with 8 vent holes for the 2 strokes while the fs has no vents and is for 4 strokes.

GotMyAlly

What kind of $$$$ are we talking about for a coned TM?
No prices posted on Titus's website, but you're probably going to be in the $600 price range.....which is still going to be A LOT cheaper than a sportmaster.

http://www.low-h2o.com/products.htm

I'd have that done before you sink any money into props. If you buy a prop now, you'll be prop shopping again after you get the lower unit coned. I have a feeling you are going to struggle with handling until you get the lower unit coned. Allisons are just a handful to drive on the top end with the motor buried.

JB1

No prices posted on Titus's website, but you're probably going to be in the $600 price range.....which is still going to be A LOT cheaper than a sportmaster.

http://www.low-h2o.com/products.htm

I'd have that done before you sink any money into props. If you buy a prop now, you'll be prop shopping again after you get the lower unit coned. I have a feeling you are going to struggle with handling until you get the lower unit coned. Allisons are just a handful to drive on the top end with the motor buried.[/QUOTE
Thanks! Good advice

JB1

Getting some "Great" feedback from you folks! Thank you very much!

xb03fs

Tweaking on my 27 XOB right now. It hit the limiter quite easily at 87.4.. Was about 3/8 below where I usually run at for best wot and a few taps of the trim left, it was downstream so likely on 85 and change. Holeshot and wot were great. Working on figuring out the midrange as it was a bit finicky.

not sure how much pitch I'll need to play at wot, but it was way light on pitch and pulled to 6300 with ease. If it wasn't beeping who knows how far it would have let me pull it

Last edited: