xb2002 front seating for two, possible?

pcrussell50

greetings from southern california. became an allison fan over the past few months, but never seen one in real life, [are there ANY xb's here in socal]? so please bear with my dumb questions... :idiot

looking at xb02's and xb03's. leaning towards the xb03, because i want to be able to have two front seats. HOWEVER, is it possible to have two front seats in an xb02? that would change everything and i'd look for an xb02 instead, or as well.

also, what is the uscg maximum seating capacity for each, [the xb02 and xb03]? iow, what does the sticker say?

-peter

bassracr

the 2002 is available with 2 seats in front and a bench available in the back,this would seat 4 comfortably or 2 in front and maybe 3 kids in the back...the 2003 seats 5 .you can go to the allison home page and click on bass boats, they show a xb 2002 with 2 seats up front..not sure what the uscg sticker says..mine didnt have one

F2008

Not sure where I would step getting up and down off the front deck if I had 2 seats up front. I use mine primarily for fishing. ...... okay, maybe not primarily, but I do fish out of it as much as I can.

(Sweet looking boat Casey)

Last edited:

Darth VMAX

I have mine configured with two.... wouldn't have it any other way.
I use mine as a fish-n-ski too much not to have the extra seat.

Casey, your boat is friggin sweet! Looks like Barefoot bobs boat.

pcrussell50

casey, your xb02 seems to have the wide dashboard/windshield, [am i using the right term?] like the xb03's have.

this begs the question, can a single-front-seat xb02 be converted to one with a wide dash and two seats? or is it more the case that once it's been built, it's either a single or a double front seater?

-peter

David Shook

Mine's a one seater, but I took a pecker head for a ride, he flipped out around the 110 mark and jumped into the front seat with me , just a thought, might save you $ on a seat, although it does create a driving issue, your choice?
Shook

baitcaster

casey, your xb02 seems to have the wide dashboard/windshield, [am i using the right term?] like the xb03's have.

this begs the question, can a single-front-seat xb02 be converted to one with a wide dash and two seats? or is it more the case that once it's been built, it's either a single or a double front seater?

-peter
Yes! You can convert. You can order the console from Alli, put in a new front plate and slide the wheel over. It is not that difficult, but may be a little time consuming. Mark's old boat was converted this way. After you convert the console you will simply need to move the front seat over and add a second bucket.

22R

When I bought mine in 2000( used 91 model) it was set up with two seats up front and the wide( sport) console. I converted back to center steer about a year later then went back to the original small console about two years ago I was given with the boat. I thought that it was too tight to get in and out of the front seats and over time I just thought the XB 2002 small console just belonged back on it. You can convert it over to whatever way you desire.

Good Luck

22R

jaybluez

I did just the opposite of 22, I converted mine to a 2 seater up front with the bullet console off to the right side. It's everything that baitcaster said to make the conversion but it can be done. I have a young son and no way was I gonna have him sitting behind me. When there are only two or three of us in the boat I run upfront and let 2 sit in the bench in the back. Works great and I won't change a thing...except maybe switch to the sport console.

Casey that blue and white 02 is sweet!

Fl Boy in ILL

Flatout

We should know pretty quick how thyat one goes as I own it know, will have a 15" with a STOUT 280/260 electrics, Torquemaster case with a Tooters cone, can't wait to have my LAKE/RIVER boat running

THis boat has the side by side seating, bench in the back so it should make a great family boat

Rick

suicidealli

i'm n the market for a 2002 too...... i want both seats up front. has to b a four seater for me.... i was thinking of putting 2 small consoles on one. the pass can have a little shield, and put a glove box in it or something.... has anyone done that?????? not hi jacking your thread, just adding to it... i thought it would look cool....

roy

xb03fs

Would be cool to see for sure with two small consoles

FlatOutAlly

Flatout

We should know pretty quick how thyat one goes as I own it know, will have a 15" with a STOUT 280/260 electrics, Torquemaster case with a Tooters cone, can't wait to have my LAKE/RIVER boat running

THis boat has the side by side seating, bench in the back so it should make a great family boat

Rick
Good luck, Rick! Your boat is one of my favorite Allisons of all time. I might own it today if Gilmore hadn't cut line when Ferrell sold it. :laughing You're going to have a blast!

Darth VMAX

Suicide, thats what I plan on doing too. A dual console. The only thing is, those little consoles are expensive AND I think it will make getting to the front deck cumbersome.

Last edited:

xb03fs

You could probably build some sort of step pretty easy maybe put it on a pin like the seats so it is removable when you want to go fast