XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite's w/ Pro XS Motors

Dustin Lomax

I've been looking and found 3 new boats for sale. All 3 have Merc Pro XS's on them, a 200, 225, and a 250.
None have Sport XS Motors.

Are these rigged at the factory or are dealerships installing these motors?
I ask because I remember in the past hearing caution about the Pro XS gearcases blowing out at 85 mph. Has that changed with the new models that have the silver colored LU's on them?

I would prefer to have a 250 Pro XS or a Yama SHO anyway. I am not trying to hit 100, shoot hitting 85 isn't a priority. I want more of the reliability factor with a longer warranty and still being able to pass 99.9% of the other boats in my field here in Oklahoma while I run around 80ish. All while I look damn good doing it too!

Thanks for answers to my questions.

skewby

they rig at the dealer. very very few have been rigged at the factory to my knowledge. darris really pushes the 225 with the new style duck bill torque master. on my 08 prosort i have an 05 225 pro xs. i dont fish but my normal load with 2 people will weigh what most fishing loads are or more. ive run 84+ with every prop ive put on it,turning no more than 5600rpm's. my best so far is with a new prop that ive ran 86.5 at 5600rpms. they all have more speed i'm just to lazy and enjoy the playing to really balance my boat with my big a$$ driving i'm always leaning to the right and dont push any further

skewby

yeah its a gen 2 or something it has the lil wings in front just below the cavitation plate. I've never run one, i have a sporty but the new xs motors come with them

xb03fs

Steve you really like that sho. Maybe one day I will go that way