WOT help

JOEALLY

The 1st pic shows the side of my 200xs (2.5 liter). At WOT, the linkage (right side of pic) will touch the stop (left side of pic).
But the 2nd pic shows the top of same motor where linkage opens the "butterfly". At WOT, the linkage stops 1/8" shy of touching the aluminum "stop" or "housing".
My question is, "is it normal for the top linkage to NOT touch the housing at WOT?" or should it touch?
JOEALLY

TBuck2003

Not all familiar with that motor but can you see the butterfly?? If you can as long as the butterfly is opening all the way, then the linkage is just not calibrated. I would go by butterfly and not linkage.

aeneas

I have a 200xs too and I think I had the same issue... The butterfly is visible from above (the horn sucks in air from the top in the front as the cowling directs the airflow). I did the setting in 2009 so I have a vague memory but I think we used the bottom stop =WOT (the butterfly initially opened too much i.e. over the top to close again). I will have a look at how we solved it when I get back home. I am on a business trip.

Your pics are really testing...

JOEALLY

I have a 200xs too and I think I had the same issue... The butterfly is visible from above (the horn sucks in air from the top in the front as the cowling directs the airflow). I did the setting in 2009 so I have a vague memory but I think we used the bottom stop =WOT (the butterfly initially opened too much i.e. over the top to close again). I will have a look at how we solved it when I get back home. I am on a business trip.

Here's a pic of the linkage at WOT

Here is 1 pic that looks like its not quite fully open

But this pic looks like it is fully open.

All these pics are WOT, it's hard to explain but the plenum is at an angle, so determining if the butterfly is wide open is hard. The 2 above pics are taken at a slightly different angle.

chad202

I'd take it to someone to read your tpi at max throttle to see if ur getting the max out of it.

JOEALLY

Guys, these 3 picks are at wot from a little different angle. Trying to use the level to judge if butterfly is fully open - perpendicular to it. What do you think?

JOEALLY

So, it's definitely not completely perpendicular (fully open). It's not off much. How to adjust, what all is affected on the XS motor?

I'm trying to find time (& some help) to get the tpi checked per Chad's advise.

BigCountryx

Cool, I never saw a blade go 100% perpendicular before. Was told it was to prevent the risk of getting "stuck". Nice to know what normal is for WOT. Thanks for the pics.