Where am I going here?.....

GotMyAlly

That 24" trophy is going to be all over the limiter. I doubt it'll run 75 mph. Make that your ski prop. The 30" lightning probably isn't going to be real easy to drive in my opinion, but should put up a respectable top end #. My guess is you'll get to 92 with that 30" lightning.

TBuck2003

I can get you where ya want to go...lol Have same boat for nearly 10 yrs.Call with any set up questions.

330-425-3629

TBuck

aaronmt

Have you drivin a GS yet? I would not evtrying to get that even think of trying for the 90's any time soon,if you havent.My GS runs around 97 now and its been a long road getting there.Id take it easy learning the boat.The driving will just click for you one day.I run the same 225x and its been a great motor for my GS.Aaron

suicidealli

the 24 should be the prop of choice to learn on.... you are going to really feel it in the seat of your pants when you hit it out of the hole... take it slow.... there is an unreal amount of down pressure on the front of the boat on a gs... so when they get flying over 90 they can act a little different.... that is were it really takes some time.... over a 100 takes a long time unless you just done care if you bat turn.... TBUCK has been like 105 or 106 with his....... talk to him and listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will enjoy this boat. they get a lot of attention at he ramp, and gas station... i have a ss.. i use to love itwhen guys would come up and bs.... now just figure extra time if you have get some gas.....LOL

roy

Last edited:

ROBERT CROSS

Thanks guy's, appreciate the advise.

Hard for me to grasp that y'all talk'n speeds from a stock hull that were unheard of when we started last century. Hobby sure has come a long way.:laughing Noticied also how much more good stuff there is on the market to keep us busy. It's been almost a 20yr dry spell for us but we glad to be wet again.

Will get a hold of TBUCK, as others have advised, BEFORE I wet my pants.

Larry XR2001

I did not want to drive a GS until I got with Todd. Spent some time with him then he thought he was not going to get me out of his boat. His dad Thom was in Joe's SS and me in GS, Todd said he thought the kids would never quit playing. Wit his set up the boat was a blast to drive.

Larry

ROBERT CROSS

:sad How worried should I be?

Ran the engine # with MM, turns out the motor had a power head replacement in 05, they said it was most likely caused by bad gas, but couldn't be sure.

Only 60hrs on it........but at WOT?

Should my feet be getting cold?

pickwickangler

Sounds like that lil prop has been on there for a while :big grin I would do a compression check and if it checks out then run the piss out of it.