What's your favorite pickup truck color and why?

What's your favorite color for your pick-up tow vehicle?

• Total voters

2HOT4U

you are right on de money whipper. my black/yellow 2003pro sport looks geat behind that black toyota trd limited

Blue Gray in PA

I gotta say I love red but I'm on my second silver truck and my new company vehicle is silver too. Nothing is easier to keep clean looking than silver or white but I'm not a fan of the "refrigerator look" on the road. I loved the red and blue trucks I've had in the past but silver is the cats behind when it comes to looking clean even when it's dirty. Dove gray cloth or black leather is a good match for silver. The gray doesn't show the dust or minor scratches as much as the black but both of my current vehicles are black interior since that's what the factory built. If I was ordering a new one again, it woudl be silver with gray cloth interior and bucket seats - just my $.02 worth.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I saw a 2007 Sierra like the one I ordered, in silver today at the dealership.

I was really glad when I saw it, that I ordered white!!

You know how certain geometries and lines lend themselves to certain colors? For example the coolest color on a sports car isn't what you'd want on a SUV, or vice versa....

Anyway, the silver on the Sierra made it look like it wasn't painted. That was the net effect; the grille and the other things on the truck that contrast well on the white just blended together in kind of a blaaaah look.

Certainly silver looks great on the older style trucks and is known to "stay clean" but this particular shade on this model truck made it look more boring than white! (if that's possible)

They STILL don't have a build date for me from GM. Wassamatta wid doze guys? :x

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Re: JUST when the plan was SET....

...Yesterday I saw a 2007 Silverado (basically the same as the GMC but Chevy nameplate and worse looking front treatment IMHO) in a blue-gray color, Chevy calls it "Blue Granite" and GMC calls it "Stealth Gray Metallic".

With 20" wheels, DANG it looked great!! And the whole family ooohed and awwed over it.....@#$%^%!!!!!

It matches NONE of the boats. But it does match lake water. And it looks great, in sort of a "Navy" theme way.

So today I checked with the dealer, he may not be able to change the color at this point, but we're going to try.

So. I'll be happy with white. I'll be happy with Stealth Gray Metallic. I'll be happy with either one. Whatever I get. :mrgreen:

Blue Gray in PA

Good luck with the new truck Lou. I waited seven (yes 7) months for my first new truck I ordered in 1996. It was the first year for the third door (suicide style) and GM kept making Engineering changes and then there was a strike at a Delphi Brake plant that delayed it another month. By the time it finally arrived, I thought I was going to die from waiting but it was worth it for me - that one was garnet red for the record. I agree that the GMC looks better than the Chevy but that's also IMHO - different strokes for different folks.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Cool lookin? YEA!! But...it'll look that way for 15 seconds after you drive it off the lot!!

And semi in a snowstorm....YEA!! But, no snowstorms out here and I'm imagining touching the doorhandle on a 98 degree summer day and climbing inside!!

Oh yeah....what about the cooler full of drinks in the back under the tonneau cover? !-!

Ice melt with white = X hours
Ice melt with black = X - many hours!!

If I was gonna have it in a museum I'd pick BLACK!!

But for the world I drive in....WHITE! :mrgreen:

RedAllison

LLDoggg I agree on the Stealth Metallic color, my brother had a H2 SUT in that color lastyear. I REALLY like those colors as well. There is a GMC dealer and Chevy dealer both within 1 mile of my dealership (BIG places to) email me whatchur lookin for and I'll see what they got.

Good luck,
RA

JR

If all I was going to tow was my Allison or two PWC, I would get a Honda Ridgeline or second choice, Toyota Tundra. The Ridgeline has features and engineering that are much better than the other brands[ESC since 2005]. They and Toyota also have $2400 to put into each vehicle instead of the 30-years-and-out UAW retirement program. I'll let 48 year olds keep building my cars and trucks at Honda/Toyota.
The Honda and Toyota are also always the top rated P/Us unless you are hauling horse trailers.
It is no accident that all the turban-heads in the desert counties all drive Tacomas, Tundras, Land cruisers or 4runners 100s of miles into the desert.
Maroon or Red is better.
JR

LAAllison

2HOT4U drives a black terd and is pround of it? I'd peel that sticker off before I moved the truck. I snicker everytime I see a terd on the road

Art

Roll Tide

S

Scott Gilmore

A Friend of mine just bought a Z71 4dr (LS I think cloth interior) in Red yesterday, I got to drive it for about 50 miles VERY nice but (this IS NOT a slam) I'm really glad I went with the 07 F 150 FX4 crew. Scott

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
It's been shipped. Build date was 03 January 2007; it is on a carrier right now and maybe even this week will get it.

T-REX

A reel smart feller, alwayz pick's YELLER!!!:beer:

Attachments

Last edited:

RedAllison

I'm likin dat ol yallar Dardge, but WTF is all da fugly **** rollin along behind it?

Dat one dem "pokechop necklace" boatsNdriver?
RA

bigtis

I like red, but as whip said, a matching rig rolling down the road is awesome. Allison's in general make us Aboat owners look when there passing down the road, but clean matching rigs draw everyone's attention.

RED and some chrome:beer:

K.Kiser

I'm boring and like white trucks, for almost no other reason than they are cooler in the summer... If I had shaded parking area to use then I'd go for many other colors as long as it's done nice and cleanly..

reward69

I currently have a white one and this works great as I have a white XB21. Though the best color IMO is silver. Its the easiest to keep clean and doesnt show dirt as bad. Just as cool as white and still has a classy look. White is a little more boreing though...

suicidealli

man this is bringing up a old post!!!!! i use to like black. nothing better looking when perfect, and clean. now i dont care, as long as they run great. mine is a dark green suburban. last one was biege. black before that.
i agree matching rigs are pretty cool though.