What's your favorite pickup truck color and why?

What's your favorite color for your pick-up tow vehicle?

• Total voters
J

John Richied

Thanks Lou… I feel better now. :p

Here’s the answer to your three Allison tow vehicle dilemma.

Put a receiver hitch on your black Jaguar, it will look SWEET pulling your yellow XR-2001!

Use the wife's Escalade to pull the Grand Sport. You’ll be stylin’ all the way to Tennessee and back.

Buy the new GMC to match your XB-2003.

Keep the 1998 GMC with 90k miles (mine just turned 190,000 and I am not worried) and use it to pull your inline Merc striper fishin’ machine.

Or get a 1 ton GMC in your favorite available color and order a 53’ enclosed trailer painted to match your new GMC!

J

John Richied

Or you could just go all out… :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

countrycoolio

My last 4 vehicles have all been white for quite a few reasons.

its cooler, it can be FILTHY & still look fairly clean, hides dents,dings& scratches much better than a darker color, tint da windows & a little chrome & she is a beaut, more visible on the road to oncoming traffic because it reflects light rather than absorbing. goes well with almost any color boat, but my boat happens to be mostly white as well.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
its cooler, it can be FILTHY & still look fairly clean, hides dents,dings& scratches much better than a darker color, tint da windows & a little chrome & she is a beaut, more visible on the road to oncoming traffic because it reflects light rather than absorbing. goes well with almost any color boat, but my boat happens to be mostly white as well.
..AND easier to match the paint if need be, easier to touch-up paint too....

....NHTSA says top two colors for safety are silver and white....

Thanks Coolio, and everyone who commented so far... today I put the order in. Summit White exterior with Dark/Light Titanium leather interior.

They have a white 2WD version of this truck with 20's at the dealership; she's a beauty. Plenty of contrasting elements with the blacked-out windows and black trim. Looks powerful and understated in a classy, not a "look at me!" way.

RedAllison

And there you have it...

"...NHTSA says top two colors for safety are silver and white..."

LLDoggg PLEASE come home, you been in Fruitopia to long. :oops: Now you're buying vehicles based on government safety information. Next thing we're gonna find out is you done sold off EVERYTHING you own, gave the proceeds too the city of San Francisco, began wearing sandals ALL the time and you took your family and went to live in one of those hippy colonies in your area!!! :shock:

Is there hope for our LLDoggg or has he been in Pelosiville to long??? >>,<<

:mrgreen:
RA

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Lissen rear-hatch-man, I'm the first one to go for my armaments when you start talking the P-word. :mrgreen:

"based on government safety" my arse. "based on what the dealer told me 30 seconds before the post" is more like it. :lol:

It's too bad you didn't see the letter I wrote to McDonald's corp yesterday. I gave up and left when the cashier couldn't understand English, came home with the kids (after going to In & Out Burger for lunch....(oh yeah, you live onna planet that doesn't HAVE In & Out Bwaaahaha) and proceeded to log onto their site and compose a letter (it was a nice one, the kids were watching) inquiring about their corporate practices in hiring, on whether understanding English was a requirement... I guess that makes me some kinda "cyst" huh? :mrgreen:

jerryingeorgia

Color not first item

2fast....you need to back up....first choice should be mfg. of truck, not color...I agree with the guy from Michigan, Ford is the only way to go...also, you can ask Brack if you don't believe us.

Don't buy no ugly truck.

S

Scott Gilmore

Re: Color not first item

jerryingeorgia said:
2fast....you need to back up....first choice should be mfg. of truck, not color...I agree with the guy from Michigan, Ford is the only way to go...also, you can ask Brack if you don't believe us.

Don't buy no ugly truck.
Now that's a GOOD post......Scott :twisted: !-!

J

John Richied

The only reason Brackeen drives a Ford is because he works for them.

I think it’s some kinda condition of his employment and he has to get the last few through College before he could buy a real truck! :mrgreen:

Hey everyone has faults, and just because you drive a Ford doesn’t mean we would hold that against ya! Heck Yeller drives a Ford too, need I say more. ()()() ()()() ()()()

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Not only are Found On Road Dead products the fugliest things on 4 wheels, I wouldn't have one if it was given to me. :twisted:

The only--and I mean ONLY---area where Ford had an engineering edge (and this was many years ago) was in brake design. That's important if you're DUI; it has to compensate somewhat for the impinged reaction time. :lol:

My current GMC has 98,000 miles on it and it runs great. I am selling it because my CPA says it's either expense some major things up to $105K or give it to the government in taxes. Plus we've heard from others here who have 190,000 and 160,000 on their GM trucks, respectively.

Friends don't let friends drive Fords.

Oh yeah, Darris drives a GM. Take that. !-!

Peace out,

LJ

PS Gilmore you forgot Isuzu......Blueprint for Ford

S

Scott Gilmore

2fast4mom said:
Not only are Found On Road Dead products the fugliest things on 4 wheels, I wouldn't have one if it was given to me. :twisted:

The only--and I mean ONLY---area where Ford had an engineering edge (and this was many years ago) was in brake design. That's important if you're DUI; it has to compensate somewhat for the impinged reaction time. :lol:

My current GMC has 98,000 miles on it and it runs great. I am selling it because my CPA says it's either expense some major things up to $105K or give it to the government in taxes. Plus we've heard from others here who have 190,000 and 160,000 on their GM trucks, respectively.

Friends don't let friends drive Fords.

Peace out,

LJ

PS Gilmore you forgot Isuzu......Blueprint for Ford
NO Isuzu............would be the "blueprint" for what GM (AKA generous mothers OR garbage motors) tries to pass off as a diesel. I have a CPA also, however they didn't give me BAD GM advise...........that's why I have yet another NEW FORD pickup & a Jag XJ8 sitting in my driveway as of 2 weeks ago. LOU, have fun with your new/old GM copy !!! LOL Scott :mrgreen:...............PS, the LAST GM I bought was the LAST GM I bought >>,<< :roll: :grin: I'm pretty sure MY CPA is a hell of a lot smarter than yours............I was told to buy tons more beer in 2007

S

Scott Gilmore

2fast4mom said:

Peace out,

LJ
He also drives a Honda Mini Van ...........no accounting for BAD TASTE !! Scott :mrgreen:

J

John Richied

Guys anyone who needs a CPA to tell them when to buy a new pick up or what color to pick is WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE. I just saved a ton of money not having a CPA and turned 190,000 on my GMC. :mrgreen:

S

Scott Gilmore

John Richied said:
Guys anyone who needs a CPA to tell them when to buy a new pick up or what color to pick is WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE. I just saved a ton of money not having a CPA and turned 190,000 on my GMC. :mrgreen:
190k = A WHOLE LOT MORE BEER MONEY !!!!! Scott :mrgreen: !-!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Dang this thread is dissolving into CPA's, Ford vs. Chevy, and beer. Oh yeah and let's not forget shoelace-tying advice. :mrgreen:

Well I'll leave it to someone else to start a new "Ford vs. Chevy" thread... !-!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I'm pretty sure MY CPA is a heck of a lot smarter than yours............I was told to buy tons more beer in 2007
He MUST be smarter if he has figured out how to expense that out...hmm maybe you're in the beer distribution business, and if you are you best be buying more FORD TRUCKS before December 31st!!! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah guess what, the good news came in the mail today, I am being AUDITED by the IRS for 2004.... >>,<<

S

Scott Gilmore

2fast4mom said:
I'm pretty sure MY CPA is a heck of a lot smarter than yours............I was told to buy tons more beer in 2007
He MUST be smarter if he has figured out how to expense that out...hmm maybe you're in the beer distribution business, and if you are you best be buying more FORD TRUCKS before December 31st!!! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah guess what, the good news came in the mail today, I am being AUDITED by the IRS for 2004.... >>,<<
Lou, I looked @ the 07 Chevys a few weeks ago before I picked up my new Ford & I must admit they were a HUGE step up from the previous GM model. I'm pretty sure I'd have bought one however with the intro of the new model there were NO DEALS to be found !!! I'll wait 18 months or so & when they start with the HUGE giveaway rebates, that along with a GM employee price I'll probably save $15k or so (ALOT of beer money). For now I'll just have to limp around with my new FX4 Super Crew in Shadow Grey. Have FUN with that new truck, they are cool (for a GM :p ). Although I'm not much of a blue fan I really like the Blue Granite Metallic GM offers this year. Scott :mrgreen:...............PS I was audited last year for capital gains by the Sate of Michigan & it was a real CIRCUS !!! Have fun with that !! :mrgreen:

RedAllison

LLDoggg if you is bein audited for 04 then maybe you should make the CPA buy the truck for you? ;)

04 must've been a REALLY slow year for the IRS, we gotta notice in the mail lastmonth of an audit for my mother for 04! :roll: They have NO shame!!! :x

Better buy ALL the toys, beer and trucks we can before 08. Ifn Hilloree gets inda White House like some are sayin then you remember how her and her hubby used to use the IRS as their bully pulpit!!! :shock: :cry:
RA