Whats the best to clean seats?

xb03fs

Magic Erasers with warm water and then a protectant like Bassboatsaver or Armoral to moisturise and shine the seats.

resqu-u

Magic Eraser with Lexol leather/vinyl cleaner. Don't use simple green etc, it works great but will dry out the vinyl and it will start to crack and split. Lexol makes a UV protectant that won't leave the oil film like the armorall. I used a sharpie marker to color the Allison logo in and my seat came out great! Good luck, and post a few before after shots of what you come up with.

ROBERT CROSS

As per Allison warranty packet...

Suggested cleaning kit

Ivory diswashing soap.
Fantastik Spray Cleaner
Denatured alcohol
3m Citrus Cleaner
Ammonia & hydrogen peroxide
Micro-fiber or soft cotton rags, med/soft bristle brush.

no 409, armor-all or any cleaner with a silicone base as it will damage the UV properties of the marine vinyl.

Bob
:at the bar

Last edited:

xb03fs

Thanks for the heads up. I have always used Bassboatsaver on everything but thought it was similar. I guess not. So it is good to know for sure.

champ198

My seats get dirty at the common "rub" points and where I grab the vinyl. About once a season, I'll use magic eraser on the seats and it does a great job of making it look new again. Denver put me onto the magic eraser to help clean the textured area of the top cap and it works great.

Jr in Jax

I have the last remaining upholstery that has not been replaced [the rear sunpads] sitting in a box from Allison at my house, waiting to be installed. The problem I have is with suntan lotion covered skin turning my white upholstery yellow. Originally I could clean it and it would be OK but now the yellow stains are permenant.

nort

If you can find it....linseed soap.
Very few if any chemicals, natural oils, won't dry out vinyls.
Nowadays, very hard to find.
Just my $.02
Cheers.

bassracr

I would use soft scrub with bleach and a medium bristle brush . Since its stained ..Ive used it for about 15 yrs on my original white seat . I try to keep it off the threads the best I can and rinse well

fnshrmaster

My seats get dirty at the common "rub" points and where I grab the vinyl. About once a season, I'll use magic eraser on the seats and it does a great job of making it look new again. Denver put me onto the magic eraser to help clean the textured area of the top cap and it works great.
Thanks for the Magic Eraser hint... It worked really good on the white seats and the textured portion of the top deck cockpit area. They are amazing, not very often does a product work as well as advertised. :beer: