WAR10 is almost here

J

John Richied

Re: Best one yet!

Despite the lousy weather, I think oh ten was the best rally yet. Excellent food, and great bs. I especially like touchin' up our token liberal friend. I still can't believe strippers are the second most likely to commit suicide... Sucker
LOL... rollin' on the floor! :razz

Sucker is right

J

John Richied

I would say some times you ain't right. You ain't brite anytime!

You get it apart yet. Or figure out who will?

Inquireing minds want to know!
Get what apart... LOL

Guys did everyone get their Salt Creek cleaning deposit back yet?
I joke around a lot but I am serious about this, I got it back two times

DONNY

You bitches had me. But i still love you all.

West Coast Bull

Re: Best one yet!

despite the lousy weather, i think oh ten was the best rally yet. Excellent food, and great bs. I especially like touchin' up our token liberal friend. I still can't believe strippers are the second most likely to commit suicide... Sucker
thats to funny

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
So is this a side-pinned or top-pinned piston? Pic 2 it sure likes a top-pinned piston with that oval slot below the rings where the top pin would be bent inwards at manufacture. And it looks as if the whole (top?) pin is still in place or at least most of it?

I don't see any hole in the piston top to reveal where the pin came out. ? Di you ever find any parts loose in the motor-any chance it was a needle bearing instead of a pin?

That was some tough luck to go down right before the prop testing, but you sure probably saved some major $$$$ by playing it safe.

SLOmofo

Post some better pic's. If it isn't the pin something else got in and thru. That indent is a clue. Look a another piston thats out and see how long the pin is down where it's bent over.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
John, just a question....Was this the first time you'd had the heads off? I'm thinkin maybe the motor was built with that damage already there??

J

John Richied

I pulled the heads when I first got the engine (before I ever fired it up) to see what was inside… It’s all good guys.
I’ll be back and screamin’ on the water before you know it.

And if I never changed the heads Thursday it might have went the whole rally because I wouldn’t have known.

Like I said it's all good. No worries mate! :very happy

Gary this is for YOU…

Gary…. Shut it, just don’t even go there! :laughing :laughing

PS thanks again for the ride in your badazz machine... it was fun!

And thank you Gene for the use of your house boat, food, beer and bring the chef Keith.

Last edited by a moderator:

h2oskiier30

Looks like the damage I had in one of my 260's. It was a broken wristpin circlip that did damage that looked just like that.