WAR video

propmanjay

Gary, I don't think NOS would help alot. If you can manage the launch of your rig it will run very hard. If you look at the video you were pulling on Lou and I at the end of every run. You are a long way from using what power you have. It scares the poop out of me watching it rise and fall hard left. If you get that worked out look out for Gary.

SLOmofo

Didn't say the NO2 was for take off.
I've been working on a plate this week, not done yet and I've decided to try something else.
John tell Travis I had to take his suggestion about cutting the wings off the fiberglass foil that I had on at the WAR. Started to crack the port side. Cut them off and made it more like the Alli foil at the rear. I think it was trapping water as it spun off the prop. I wasn't turning 8,400 like I was 2 weeks before. Only 7,600. I'll see this weekend if there's a change.
Jay, it scares the poop out of me too. Speaking of poop, John have you checked your tool box that had the prop wrench in it?:rolleyes:

stoker

The Video of Camp Far West. Yesterday I picked on a couple of boats at San Antonio lake one a blown vee bottom. Then was sitting out in front of the launch ramp when a flat bottom launched and came straight out to say. "Give me 5 minutes to warm up my engine, then we'll play". The guy is in the vid at 1:39 to 1:53 Denis Porter thats his drag boat, yesterday he was in his lake boat. His Lake boat is quicker then the Sack O Cats although he called it "One Fast Whacker!" Talked to him about two hours. He moved to Lockwood, 10 min north of the lake because there isn't a speed limit on SA. The boats a sleeper, log exhaust manifolds through transom exhaust. Small blower. He built the engine and set up the boat. Built a hyd controlled ride plate etc, etc.
6:05 sounds like an outboard in the back ground.
7:00 Kevin picking on the fast boats.
Hey Gary,how goes it?
Sitting here with insomnia,after the most kick arse epic day at CFW (annual fathers day event)!!!
The whackers were representing hard with Jay in his new XR2001 and Reno Kev in Bill Smiths old yellow STV
Got to Talking and laughing with Dennis Porter about your meeting with him out at SA
He is the coolest Vdriver one can meet:)
He came out in his "lake cruiser" and it was on,lets just say it was a good thing his blown alcohol flatty keep having probs,cause i am sure he wanted some redemption:)
And it was unfortunate on our second race he kicked out a rod in his lake boat:(
You will have to come up here on one of these fathers Day dealios some time
Should be illegall to have this much fun against inboards...

J

John Richied

Good morning Kevin!

So how did Jay run?

Did Lou show up as he planned?

Any videos of the CFW play day yet?

propmanjay

John, the XR ran very good. Kevin starts to pull me on the top. It seems like a fight untill about 106 to 108. I need to shift weight around and calm down the hop and I think go up on prop shaft height. The run just before Dennis blew his motor we ran 110 three abreast for what seemed like a 1/2 mile. The v drives had a punishing day at the lake. There were alot of broken motors. I went solo so I didn't get much video.

propmanjay

Sorry, Lou has hurt his back and couldn't make it. I wish he could have made it he would have had a blast. Hope you get well soon Lou!

J

John Richied

Jay if you and Kevin Kraft are running close up to 106-108, it sounds like you shouldn

stoker

Kevin Wren is right there with us and he was running 26cc heads:)
also,to me,it looked like he was real conservative on the trim,which is a good thing as he is still a little green at this
It truley was amazing,as usually i am the loner whacker that "hurts feelers" at CFW...
To have Kev and Jay out there trailering them was just too cool and i cant wait to stir it up over at the other site....LOL

SLOmofo

110 I don't think so. I've been 100.5 and don't intend to do it again. From what I've read the XB2003 isn't going to go over 105/107. Has to do with the console being shifted over to the starboard side and the air pushing down on it. Anyway they would hate life if I was to pick on them with a Bass Boat!

Any one know where I can find a fake trolling motor? If not my next project will be making one!
I am serious on this!

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
HATED to miss CFW. Was all pumped to go then pulled L5 andcouldnt hardly stand up much less walk. It's getting better and I for sure will make the next one. I can hear it now, "oh no not another one" lol.

stoker

Hope you are feeling better soon Lou
We need to hook up ,been to long
we will have to do a rip on the delta soon with the War canoe gang

propmanjay

To cover the chatty girls in the back ground. Turn the volume down or cranck up some hill billy tunes for back ground noise.