WAR 2016

West Coast Bull

That's funny Gene. Thanks for the photos it looks great. But now there is to much water, we will never fine the fish.
There is tent camping on the other side of the pond but if you are coming all the way from Vancouver then we can find you something.

SLOmofo

Well, well, well. Got a call a while back from Mike telling me there might/will be a Stroker, Oh sorry, an Allison rally at Lake Shasta this year. Then today 4/6/16 I get a call from Gene (the vertically challenged one) would much rather talked to his my mom. So here I am in SLO at work typing this when my Allison(Sack O Cats) is in Havazoo with the engine scattered all over the shop.
Update: thought I stuck the engine last spring, ended up lower units don't run well without oil. Engine had a badly worn crank journal, so it was a mixed blessing the lower locked up.
So it's highly unlikely the Allison will be ready, engine in pieces, lower in pieces. When it does come together there will be a different front half, E-Tec , Emtron ECU, Titus coned Torque Master lower. Butt there is the purple boat, Champion (Mr Toads Wild Ride) my fishing boat.
I will attend, boat or no boat. The only thing stopping me is IF I am in Havazoo working on the engine project again.
Pics... what it was, what it will look like.

100_1362.JPG 100_1657.JPG

dubmoney

Ok, well I would rather buy a new Lifeline Comp Jacket than sleep in a Cabin for three nights, so it looks like I will pitch a tent some where. What is the itinerary for Thursday evening, Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

O'Brien 21

Thursday, we'll listen to Gary's stories till the sun comes up. Friday, we get together to find out which one asked Gary a question. :blah: That was a short reply by Gary

fastglass1

About the only thing planned is dinners. We all come together for dinner and it is usually hosted by a couple different people each night. As we get closer, those that want to provide dinner for the other usually sign-up for which night.

In the past we have run timed runs for a short distance, at other time we have done side-by-side runs. Always a fun time.

In the past we have made a run to Bridge Bay, had some snacks and then run back. Really fun to hold you foot to the floor for 15 minutes.

And then there is my favorite, FISHING. The spotted bass fishing is awesome that time of year. I have caught 100 fish in 5 hours.

I suggest that you call Donna at Salt Creek and ask her about setting up a tent. I don't think it should be a problem, but she is the one to ask.

Rhetorical question: Why is it that 2 Stroker guys are setting up an Allison Rally. LOL

O'Brien 21

Actually, I think it's because they admire us for making the right decision on which boat to purchase. Well worth the wait! Strokers and Bullets are good boats just not an Allison. A friend of mine has a Bullet and wanted to buy my Allison! I've been trying to get him to come to the rally for 3 years.

fastglass1

I think it is more likely that 2 crazy Stroker guys like hanging with equally crazy boat owners (Allison and bullet as well as some others including a Champion). :)

I have never seen a black and purple Allison. What would I do with the engine cover. Guess I'll have to keep my Stroker.

cj707

Jeez Gary, you've had like 5 years to get that pile up and running. Anybody heard from Bill Smith?

SLOmofo

Hey Lars, how you been? 140+ hours on the meter. Junked one Sports Master due to skag breaking off, took the prop too. So it's been running all along, just not during rally times.
Stink Bait aka Bill Smith. Talked to him a few times, heard he sold his Allison, rumor I don't know.

West Coast Bull

If Donny can log on then I think Bill should be able too,
yes Bill sold his Allison and I think he will be gunning for Gary and bringing a Champion 22 foot with two 400R merc's (800hp) on the back! "Fishing is his life" he said he will bring one of his boats. and Lars probably has 3 power poles on his boat ,Gene has his live wells full of beer, I guess John with his three gallon of race fuel will give dubmoney a run. And that's why two Stroker guys are helping with the Champion fishing 2016 rally! All the Allison guys just fish or take their panda apart Lol
I booked cabin 12 and will be at Salt Creek on Tuesday to Sunday, you can go on WWW. Saltcreekresort.com for more info or 530-238-2161 Donna is looking forward to us crashing her little piece of heaven.
Mike

Last edited:

cj707

Was just hoping to hear the sack of dead cats screamin again. Hey mike...WTF did you just say? Am I in room 12 too? Or did you sell me out for our LGBTQ buddy. Who is Donna?

West Coast Bull

No Lars you are in cabin 12 TWO room with me also, DC doesn't know how many girls he is bring for John and Bill yet. Is that stick figure you ?next to the garbage can ?

1) Bob .... Wensday to Saturday ----Stroker
2) Dubmoney....????------Allison
3) Mike ......Tuesday to Sunday ------Stroker
4 Gary .......??? ----- champion
5) Lars ...... Tuesday to Sunday ----- Allison
6) Gene and Ally ........ 2016 ---------Allison
7 ) John.......??? ------- Allison
8) Donny ...... Thursday to Saturday -----Bullet
9) George......??? To Sunday ------ Allison
10)Bill ......????------????
11)
12)
13)
14)open to all boats

SLOmofo

Correct me if I'm wrong, Lars you were the one that said "It sounded like a sack of cats" at Shasta.
"Who is Donna?" we'll all get to see 1. If she's still there and 2. If ya show up. 3. John doesn't scare her into hiding.

mmalinao

Hey Fastglass, where has everyone been. I thought for sure I'd find some postings from Bill, Lars or John. It's been some time since I've been on the site or even hung out with y'all fine folks. Delta, Clear Lake, Shasta or wherever. I'm in.
Hey NorCally,

I like in the South Bay and have owned an Ally since November and I'm really struggling understanding how to drive her at speeds higher than 65mph. Any chance you would be up for a meet-up to show me how to get around chine walking?

Thanks Mike