wanna kick it up a notch

patches

A good ecu and a little compression would be a good start. Depends on how much money you wanna throw at it

hullbilly

ECU! The laser injection is a great system IMO. I don't have any personal experience with the Brucato stuff, but with the right tweaks, the merc ECU can really wake the motor up.

bruce pitts

flatoutally is right if you going to trun it over 7000 a light flywheel some 34cc heads change the ecu call jay smith tell you want a 1in plate for a 225 promax he will send you everything you need this will give around 140 to 147 lbs you can still run pump gas
i built one like this 3 years ago for a fishing boats

silverbullet02

Super Moderator
Staff member
flatoutally is right if you going to trun it over 7000 a light flywheel some 34cc heads change the ecu call jay smith tell you want a 1in plate for a 225 promax he will send you everything you need this will give around 140 to 147 lbs you can still run pump gas
i built one like this 3 years ago for a fishing boats
Just out of curiosity, what does the 1" plate do for you?

bruce pitts

more air volune gives it a big kick in the mid range and around 400 rpms on the top side
fix it right and turn some heads it makes a promax come a live

jbf 2002

Is it bone stock?..........If so 86 the plastic retainer rod bearings, get rid of the stock oem pistons, shelve the oil injection pump.

The biggest gain in terms of bang for the buck is compression. However you may want to change the fuel curve.

What I have seen work well is a Brucato Laser SVS used with a stock Merc ECU, As the shutters open fully it leans out the mixture and lets the engine rev thru the limiter, which richens the mixture to limit overall rpm.

I have seen this pull 7000+ rpm with no change in compression.

j.f.

whipper

I have the brucato ACU set to 7500rpm. I prop to 7300. Jay cut my old heads to 33CC for more comprestion. I got rid of the oil injection and pre mix 40/1. I drilled some little holes in the front of my cowl for it to breath better. I like those changes. You really notice the differance partly because now I can run smaller pitch props to 7300 instead of larger to 6850rpm. I picked up about 3mph or 4. The hole shot is steller and midrange is much inproved all the way up. The SVS system is the rocken way to go but cost quite a bit more. I would highley recomend the harness to make fuel addjustments at the helm. I re curved mine By my self with out it and its a pain always making little adjustments trying it out then taking the cowl off and acu cover every time!! If you realy want more get up and go 260 or 280 would be the next step.

boater777777

Yes but I have heard they will not Idle for long periods ,like up creeks during tourneyments

Allyfishing

Just out of curiosity, what does the 1" plate do for you?
I am following these suggestions and am unsure if the above question was answered. If so , I misunderstood the answer. And what is a "Laser injection"? Is that just another name for Tony's SVS system? Will it be OK to turn up to 7G if the stock 40 amp charging system is left on?

I'm thinking along the lines of boater777777 and very interested in this.
Thank, Craig :at the bar