W.a.r. Events

R

Redding XB21

OK, who's up to doing this?????????
I've got a hand held gps to bring along. This will verify, or not, Pinkie's 125 mph pass!

GFinch

Ya know I'll help you where ever I can. The Gimp needs supervision so I'm getting a Tazer with long reach capabities, gotta keep out of range of her cane. JohnRRRRRRR told me of a couple ideas he and stinkbait were talking about, most likely stinky had the ideas and John talked. Something about movies and the woman folk, well maybe not that. I might be confused, I thought it was a great idea. Well anyhow I'll let them fill you in on the details.

R

Redding XB21

I plan on bringing my camcorder (for Lou & Bill), still camera (for Pinkie & SloMoFo) and my hand held for us guys that are really fast. I'm after that red Bullet. I have a 21 4 blade comprop that if it dosen't throw the blades, should come out of the hole like a wocket!:beer:

J

John Richied

For the top speed running pictures it would be neat to have not only some pictures of the boats running at speed, but a handheld radar gun with their speed in the photo.

And for all of the events: trolling motor races, prop testing, high speed photos, fishing tournament, etc… We not only would like people to volunteer to head up that event, but a few guys to volunteer to help out that person in charge.

Last edited by a moderator:

aaronmt

TOP SPEED:shock: Im all for watching that,not so sure I ready to try it in front of audiance quite yet. Bad enuff losin a couple stickers in front of John last summer.

badbait

With all the technology that's available to us these days it's surprising how many of us don't have a picture of our boat while on plane. The added event I would like to promote this year is not what I would call a top speed run. I would like to call it a speed that you feel comfortable with run. There is so much to be learned about your setup by looking at a picture of your boat at speed. We will need to recruit someone to take these pictures with a good camera so that they can be blown up. Hopefully somebody has a laptop so that we can view those shots that same evening. A lot of us have hand held GPS's and you can keep track of your own speed since at this time we don't have a radar gun. I am planning to put on the holeshot testing over a 800 to 1000' course also. Last year I didn't have enough weight to keep the buoys from drifting so I ended up with a course that was a little to short. I doubt if the course was over 700'. I will use boat anchors this year. I need four people to volunteer that will help me with these two events. In the past John’s boys have very graciously pitched in and taken care of the timing duties. If they come this year they may rather have a different job. Let me know if you want to help out. Thanks

Last edited:

aaronmt

Im not sure but Rachelles dad may have a radar guy in his garage. I thought I might have seen.He is a police seargent and may have one we can use , no promises though.

Last edited:

badbait

He is a police seargent and may have one we can use , no promises though.[/QUOTE]

It would be fun if you could bring a radar gun, but we certainly understand if you can't get it.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
DON'T TAZE ME BRO!!!!

Race Action Photography might be interested in photographing our runs. I will talk to Scott there about it. Won't hurt to ask.

aaronmt

Ya I will poke my head in his garage a bit I swear I saw one he used to use. I ceratianly wone be getting the one out the patrol car, RAchelle may have better luck with that:rolling eyes

GFinch

Bill, I have a collection of anchors I can bring and the floats/boat bumpers and rope from last year. I think instead of tidal current we might have to deal with Eons of muck on the bottom. Bottom shows at 10' anchor sinks 25' into the muck. :shock:

GFinch

Nope just ones I've pulled up. When I see a rope, plastic bag ect. I take them out of the lake. I've had as many as 6, I'm down to 4 now. If I find a cement filled bucket I usually tie it to a limb and take it and sink it where I will want fish to hold. I like to take my Christmas tree to the lake and find places for them.

propmanjay

I am more than willing to help where ever I can. Bill, I will help you with the coarse. If we do speed runs we will need a crash boat in the ready. Never know when things are going to go wrong. Not to say we run hookers but you know what I mean.

badbait

Thanks Gary and Jay, as we get closer I will be organized and able to tell you where I need some help. Bring your anchors and some rope Gary.

Jay we always have plenty of boats in the water in case of an emergency. I still can't stress enough that this is not going to be a race or an all out top end run. I don't want the guys to run any faster than they feel comfortable running. I'm starting to think we shouldn't use a radar gun. It may cause people to run faster than they would without the gun. If you want to know how fast your running use a GPS. Safety has to be our number one priority. I want to make sure that everybody goes home in the same vechicle they came in. This is the reason we keep the holeshot testing to 800' and also run one at a time on the clock instead of side by side.

R

Redding XB21

Side by side running "Ist Verboten". That's like a race and we don't do that:big grin.

Clearlake has even more room for the "course" than the inlet we were on on Shasta. As Bill cam verify, the water can be like glass to 3-4 foot rollers. It will work out fine.

I'm bringing an anchor and drift sock but don't tell Donny. He'll wonder what's wrong with with his Bullet.:laughing