Update XB2003T

K-DAWG XB 2003

Staff member
Well, what was the problem? He ran 90 right off the trailer? That mean there was no problem? Driver error the whole time?

ALLISONMAN

I WILL SAY THIS - I GUARANTEE THE PROPSHAFT ISNT HIGHER THAN THE PAD:shock::shock::shock:

REALLY HOTPROP AND GLENN ARE IN BUSINESS FOR THIS AND WHAT WORKS ON ONE BOAT DONT WORK ON ANOTHER SO THEY WOULDNT WANT TO BE RESPOSIBLE TO GIVE OUT SOME INFO THEN SOMEONE TRY IT AND GET HURT!!

vcrash

I WILL SAY THIS - I GUARANTEE THE PROPSHAFT ISNT HIGHER THAN THE PAD:shock::shock::shock:

REALLY HOTPROP AND GLENN ARE IN BUSINESS FOR THIS AND WHAT WORKS ON ONE BOAT DONT WORK ON ANOTHER SO THEY WOULDNT WANT TO BE RESPOSIBLE TO GIVE OUT SOME INFO THEN SOMEONE TRY IT AND GET HURT!!

understood, im going to spend a couple of hours sat again playing with engine hieghts and props, theres a good chance my problem is in the steering, its very stiff even out of the water and is extremly difficult to turn under load. its a tottaly different ride then my ss was.

ALLISONMAN

YOUR STEERING SHOULD BE ULTRA FREE ON THE TRAILER IF NOT YOU NEED TO LUBE YOUR CABLES!! STIFF STEERING AND YOU CANT DRIVE ANY ALLISON DONT CARE HOW GOOD A DRIVER YOU ARE!!! ASK RED ABOUT HIS STEERING AT THE 1ST RALLY!!! I GOT IN HIS BOAT AND COULD RUN 75!!! HE GOT IN MINE AND WAS LIKE DAMN THATS NICE!!!!:beer:

vcrash

any helpfull hints on how to do that other then greasing the fittings at the back? i bet thats my problem, i cant correct it fast enough. theres no such thing as small corrections with it.

vcrash

[ Hopefully we all will learn from it and have faster, safer, and more efficient set-ups.[/QUOTE]

theres a guy with 21 foot triton and 250 verado looking for me, IM AFRAID to go out in case he whips my ***! i kinda deserve it for making him look so bad with my ss but man id hate to loose to that big tank.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
vcrash you gotta get that steering issue fixed. On the trailer, you should be able to turn the wheel with one finger in a spoke.

I have been told to NEVER inject grease into those cable fittings, you may need to flush the cables as outlined here:

http://allisonowners.com/helmluber.html

Lou

vcrash

oh crap, i got some grease to clean up then, i can build that luber no problem, thanks for that link , i better get at it
vc

catfish123

I had that type of cable and one time when I did "force" some grease into the fitting, there was a loud pop and it blew a hole right through all the cable casing. I had been told by someone that those fittings were on there to put a very small amount of grease in as a water barrier and not for lubrication. Not totally sure but I would never, ever put grease in them again.

BigRedAlli

When I first got my 2003 The cables were a little stiff, I gave them several squirts of auto trans fluid with a little white lube mixed in. Worked it back and forth a while and they loosened right up. I got 4 years out of the cables but had to replace one last year when a strand broke and knotted up. Right or wrong, it worked for me....:wink

I'll do anything I can to keep hyd. steering off my boat. Tried it and didn't like it.

Morespeed4me

Guys sorry for starting the feud, I like the rest of you, use this board for the knowledge everybody on here has. I knew I had a ill handling boat ,asked somebody to meet me just to make sure it was not my error. Which was confirmed and then asked for suggestions Bill told me to talk to Darris and others suggested taking it to the factory. Now I did talk to the factory and Nancy suggested I call Glen to see if he could unrig my boat and store the motor for several weeks so they could flip the boat, It was suggested that they might have to blue print the hull. I talked to him and he wanted me to bring the boat to him so he could check out the setup. Which I did, now he saved me a bunch of money by repairing my boat. It now runs and drives like the boat was meant to run from the beginning. I had no idea if somebody had worked on the boat before . All I know is they had to look at my boat to know what to do to it. Now they did work on the pad, lip, setup, and balanced the boat, they also took it to the lake and lake test it. Jeff told me if he worked on a boat he was going to be the first person to drive the boat to make sure it ran right. I know it was not just one problem that caused my issues but several. Now I don't know about you, but I have had boats worked on at other places that never took it to the lake to test the boat. Service like this is hard to find and SECOND TO NONE. I also know the feeling of wanting to sell the boat if you can't get it right. Been there. Jeff and Glen are great guys and the best at what they do.
I really appreciate everything they did and feel lucky to be so close to them.

pickwickangler

Gotta watch dat Jeff feller, he will git you in trouble :laughing O'l hotprop iz a good un for sure :wink

Morespeed4me

Some information you guys might find helpful. If you were a betting man I would take that bet. At WOT the prop shaft is above the pad. I have been told a properly setup Allison will run above the pad and handle great.

Paul