Update XB2003T

bigtis

How much weight would you need to balance out a side steer? Can you run it WOT with no additional weight on the opposite side?
not if it's side steer and the troller is off. You possibly may if you have gonads are are a few beers deep, but it' won't sit flat. it'll hang and need to be driven the entire time.

Aqua Vicious

not if it's side steer and the troller is off. You possibly may if you have gonads are are a few beers deep, but it' won't sit flat. it'll hang and need to be driven the entire time.
The troller is on but you're right. It takes a little extra attention and every once and a while I can feel the back slip, like a small fish tail, but she hangs in there. If I don't get it on the pad quick enuff, without over trimming, it takes some persuasion.

Morespeed4me

Thanks guys for all the replies, help and PMs. Boat is headed to Glen Reynolds tomorrow morning for him to check out. And if needed he will remove the motor and it will be taken to the Allison factory, it will be fixed right.
Paul

Myron

I will tell you Glenn will take care of you, no one better on Allisons

Hotprop

Administrator
Little update on da boat . Been workin on it today and went for a test run and ran it 92.7 rite off of the trailer got alittle more to do to it before i run it again. I will give yall another update tomorrow ! :beer::beer:

Morespeed4me

Thanks for the update Jeff!!!! Will let everybody know what the problem was and what was done to the boat when they are finished with it and when I know, if Hotprop doesn't, I am sure he will give another update. Let me tell you, both Glen and Jeff are top notch guys, glad I was pointed their way. It was nice meeting you, Jeff and Glen. I know where I will go to have work done from now on!!!!
Paul

Last edited:

rmills280

I was there when hotprop was testing and the boat looked awsome going across the water, so i tried one of the props he had with him (30 lightning et) on my ss and i didn't care for it but it did good on the 03.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
There are no better experts on Allisons than Glenn Reynolds and Jeff Calbaugh, you are at the right place.

Hotprop

Administrator
:very happy Ran it again today. 94.8 gps and 93.8 gps it was kinda windy and could not run in my favorite spot but I was happy with the way it drove . That is the fastest I hav ran a 2003 with a pure stock w/225 promax with a 20 " mid ! The boat is now balanced with no extra weight in da boat and the drivers set positioned rite behind the steering wheel ( it has side slide } . I also ran it 90.2 with one other person in da boat !!!!! And you can trim it as high as you feel necessary . The boat gets up on pad good a crusing speeds too 3800 rpm up !:very happy

vcrash

:very happy Ran it again today. 94.8 gps and 93.8 gps it was kinda windy and could not run in my favorite spot but I was happy with the way it drove . That is the fastest I hav ran a 2003 with a pure stock w/225 promax with a 20 " mid ! The boat is now balanced with no extra weight in da boat and the drivers set positioned rite behind the steering wheel ( it has side slide } . I also ran it 90.2 with one other person in da boat !!!!! And you can trim it as high as you feel necessary . The boat gets up on pad good a crusing speeds too 3800 rpm up !:very happy
So what was the problem, just balance?

Myron

Hey Jeff, do you like that ProET over the chopperII on the 2003, I tried one and did not like it at all

Hotprop

Administrator
It worked great I tried a few different props and it was the best of all . I tried both the lab and the polished one I did not like the polished one ! The lab version was great .

Last edited:

spd663

So what was the problem? Because i have a boat that is doing the same thing. My boat is set up just like pauls boat.

Morespeed4me

Well guys all I got to say is OMG what a different boat. Thanks Jeff and Glen you guys are the best! Well let me tell you, it will lift now. Got home around 5:30 went straight to the lake after I swung by home to pick up my helmet made several passes first 88.6 second 90.2 and third was 88.9 GPS and there seemed to be a lot left. The most important thing was it felt a lot more comfortable. You are right it runs great all the way up on the jackplate. I just did not want to push it to the edge, had some boat traffic and I need to get some more seat time it has been awhile about 4 years. Oh by the way if you read this Jeff my grandson wanted me to tell you to thank Glen for him. Glen told me when I dropped the boat off that I needed to teach him to drive the boat that he was old enough. So after I made my passes I went back to the dock and picked him up. I showed him everything how to come out of the hole how to trim it up and run, he did great. Matter of fact he ran it 58.9 and this was the first time he ever drove a boat.
Thanks Again
Paul

Last edited: