The Sack O Cats is dead

R

Redding XB21

Sorry as well Gary:very sad. I know how I felt when the tower of power turned itself into an anchor.
Any word on the "monster" motor?
I guess you just might think about coming over to the dark side and maybe your luck will hold like Bill's , Lars and mine.

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Hate to see that Gary. Time to call Dave Bush and see if you can't work something out on a new kitten. :very happy

R

Redding XB21

There is a guy with a V8 on a checkmate up here. Want his #? Might as well go big or

GFinch

I'll see if I can wrangle Dave out of one of his rejects, LOL. His junk is far better then anything I'll ever have. I'm sworn to secrecy on most of the stuff he's told me, butt, if he shows at Jasper and stays together :shock::gasp

Gene with all the negative 3.0 on a XB2003, I guess a 3.5, 4.0 V8 would be received with just as much.

This was taken Friday. Very slightly trimmed above neutral.
One of the earlier passes was 7,240 rpm, 24", 94.5. Then I raised it another 1/4" 96.6 1 1/8" above. No lip actually a slight rocker .020/.040".

I had been asking about the lip for a few years and when I saw the latest post of excellent pic's, the orange pad pic's, I decided to start over, so I sanded it off completely. No great loss as it was butchered and the boat rode like it was riding on a beach ball, very squirrelly. Now the boat is very manageable at any speed and I regained the lost speed when I raised the engine.
What I'm going to try to do is gel the pad and get it back to flat, front to rear. Then rebuild the side lip, the one that runs front to rear, the last 3" to 5" had been sanded off before I got it.
Then I'm going to put the lip back on.

I haven't done this type work before, first time for everything. So any/all helpful input will be appreciated. There's no turning back, only moving forward.

Phoenix rising

R

Redding XB21

GO Gary Get er doneQQQQQQ
wrong key, but wtf:same ole song

badbait

So sorry my friend, to bad this happened just when things were getting interesting. I'll make you a good deal on my 250XS. It only has 80 or less hours on it. Now that may sound like a lot of hours but it's a Mercury not an OMC, and best of all it's completely stock. It is owned by a little old man over the age of 65 and is used mainly to take the folks at the senior center for some short rides. Also used to blow off modified OMCs. lol

J

John Richied

Well obviously the 250XS was used to transport senior citizens from home to the grocery store

badbait

I may be a little slow but if you spot me 5 mph I'll run your 2002 with 300 plus HP with my 2003/250XS at the next rally for a six pac going to the winner. I like paciffico and I can cut 3 bottles of that with water and make you a sixpac of coors. lol

GFinch

Bill you're just plain bad bad bad:wink

I agree, his punishment shall be to bring his new tunnel craft to the WAR09. We shall use it as a starting barge for the prop testing out in the middle of the lake.

Talked to a Twin today, the fire is smoldering just need to fan it into flame.

J

John Richied

I may be a little slow but if you spot me 5 mph I'll run your 2002 with 300 plus HP with my 2003/250XS at the next rally for a six pac going to the winner. I like paciffico and I can cut 3 bottles of that with water and make you a sixpac of coors. lol
Bill, we can run for the six-pack!

But the 300 + horsepower claim I

J

John Richied

Could work Mike… Let’s get Gary to try it first… hehehe :laughing

Twins too!!!!

J

John Richied

Yep and for more POWER or torque you just add hamsters… :very happy

Last edited by a moderator: