The 849849 ECU

patches

Because they're easier to change the fuel curve in for somebody that has the program. For the weekend warrior I don't think they're worth it. For a drag racer looking for every tenth, yes they are. I think some have the misconception they're some magical ecu that will make your motor turn another 500 rpm and it's just not the case.

DragAlly02

Thanks Man... It was recommended to me for my new set up and and just spent more money than I wanted to on it. O well its the last one I will ever put together. I am buying complete motor from now on !!:cool

Mike

suicidealli

I agree with Eric... I run them, but an A63 digital box is a good choice.

If your running an svs, make sure you have the correct curve in it.
A svs is a touch quicker, but for a lake motor I don't care for them.
They use a lot more fuel in the mid range. So when cruising it hits the wallet harder.JMO

Roy

Brack

yeah my horn motor ran fine with the A-63......but I did buy a A6

Mike, you don't have really have a option with the SVS......it will run best with the A-13 box....just say'in

I told ya you better keep the horn and stuff .....hope the SVS works out for ya

suicidealli

The 849 box with an A6 is a great box. I like it better than the older 11350 digital box, but they are good too. With some software you can really tune a 849 box in. The pcu isn't bad either in the right hands, but the merc box's have better technology in it.JMO

Roy

DragAlly02

I am not worried about the fuel consumption"I was going to go with a drag" so I went to the next best thing with out running race fuel. I dont lake run a whole bunch anyhow.
yeah my horn motor ran fine with the A-63......but I did buy a A6

Mike, you don't have really have a option with the SVS......it will run best with the A-13 box....just say'in

I told ya you better keep the horn and stuff .....hope the SVS works out for ya

Alli-drenaline Rush

I agree with Eric... I run them, but an A63 digital box is a good choice.

If your running an svs, make sure you have the correct curve in it.
A svs is a touch quicker, but for a lake motor I don't care for them.
They use a lot more fuel in the mid range. So when cruising it hits the wallet harder.JMO

Roy
What do you care, Roy? To my understanding you know only three rpm ranges, zero, idle, and WAO LOL!!!!

suicidealli

I know!!!!! I need a rev limiter like 7500. My stuff would last longer!!!!!
Funny years ago I didn't like to spin them over 7500. Then it went 8000, then 8500. Last year my lake motor on the 2002 seen 9200 a few times, and 8800 a lot..... They just wear out to fast when you spin them up that high... you tear up lower units too........
I need a stock 150....... Lmao
Roy

Alli-drenaline Rush

I know!!!!! I need a rev limiter like 7500. My stuff would last longer!!!!!
Funny years ago I didn't like to spin them over 7500. Then it went 8000, then 8500. Last year my lake motor on the 2002 seen 9200 a few times, and 8800 a lot..... They just wear out to fast when you spin them up that high... you tear up lower units too........
I need a stock 150....... Lmao
Roy
Just hang loose bro.... In 15 minutes that stock 150 itch will go away!!!!

RBT

A13 requires differnent vacuum line routing to work right. A6 frankly is a better fuel map on an SVS motor.
Both are crap compared to a custom map.

RT

alc

With the right person tunning the an" A" series ecu, you can build a custom fuel curve all the way from top to bottom rpm range of your engine. The A6 has a pertty good curve built in it to start with. There are a few folks such as Russ Bentley in Dallas, Bill Gohr in Illionois, and Dave Bush in Lake Havasu Arz. ,Ron Anderson in Seattle Wa. And others,that have figured out custom curves that can be tweeked for just about any state of modification that you can think of so they will light up quick and pull hard all the way through the entire power band. They wont do that from Merc.

RBT

A8 I have never run on a 280. Lets lust say this, It will run, it has plenty of fuel everywhere so it wont get hurt.
If you cannot program find someone who can, the list above is a good start. It is WELL worth it, about the best thing you can do to the motor is have a map for YOUR combo.

DragAlly02

Mr Gohr " and I have discussed this fellows. The 849849 can be customized to any fuel curve you want . I am going to send it to him

Mike

DragAlly02

Just curious why you think the A6 is better for the SVS? The A13 is made for the 2005 drag with the SVS . So it has the SVS fuel curve already in it stock, the A6 does not" Also I am not understanding the different vaccum line routing?

Mike
A13 requires differnent vacuum line routing to work right. A6 frankly is a better fuel map on an SVS motor.
Both are crap compared to a custom map.

RT

Last edited: