Squeaky slider doors

GotMyAlly

Anybody found a fix for the squeaky/rattl-y sliding doors on the 21's? My old one didn't do it (maybe I just had enough stuff wedged in there to dampen it). But the rattling while running down the lake on my new one is enough to make me want to take the sliding doors off. I can stop it by just putting my hand on it, but probably not the best idea to drive one-handed long term..........

mittenbass

I used Mercury 2-4-c grease on the tracks to make the doors slide more easily. They don't squeak anymore when I open and close them. Not sure if this would stop rattling underway as mine have never done that, but it's worth a try.

xb03fs

Push them all the way open and they don't rattle.

GotMyAlly

Mine slide fine. It's the rattling while running down the lake that gets annoying. I've actually opened them up a few times while running, just to stop the noise. There's nothing in there light enough to blow out anyway.

xb03fs

I think if a piece thin pieces of EDPM foam with adhesive was added near where it closes if would stop the rattleing just been to lazy to add a piece.

GotMyAlly

I was thinking about putting some thick (8 mil) polyurethane tape in the track. Might make it a little tougher to slide, but should dampen the vibrations and take the slack out.

reward69

Yeah ive tried mine in many different positions and they rattle/buzz like crazy. Had the idea of throwing them in the lake a couple of times to see if that would help!