sport master blow out

Yellowallison

AMAN yu just Jealous yu not as Handsome as I am in person......

HEY... Jessica done be sendin me Email says she wants to ride in YEAALaR! :p :p :p :p UTT OHH!

Mike2002

Demo GC

Randy,

Will you have a 1.75ratio 20" to try out?

Also, how about a good top end Hoss to try out with it?

Is a current Hoss prop possible to be modified to the latest and greatest that Hoss has?

Thanks,

Mike2002

J

John Richied

The SVS on a 225 ProMax is in my opinion a MUCH bigger improvement then on a 260-280 because of the way a 225 ProMax intake is set up from the factory… Stock from the factory the 225 is set up backass wards… the intake is facing the block and not the front…. BIG AIR RESTRICTION… Not as big as Yeller is in person though… LOL

An SVS on a 225 ProMax flat ROCKS!

PS if Jessica rides with ya Yeller, remember to tell her to bring her own lifejacket and fire extinguisher… LOL I'll start saying prayers for her now... :wink:

Warning!!

If you run a STOCK sportsmaster on an Allison fast enough it WILL blow out.

Jimmy Johnston

chad202

John, I'm no engineer but have put alot of thought into the air deal with the Promax. I haven't run a SVS but have several buddies who have and they all tell me not to waste my money. The reason I think that it may not make a difference is the design of the cowl. The way air is forced into the cowl(alien), the inside of the cowl stays pressured up as long as your moving foward at a descent pace. With the inside pressured up, it doesn't have to work as hard to get into the intake??????

GPI Racing

I've run them and have had both types of results...gain and not. The key seems to be fuel control. Scott Gilmore's 225 promax will be the guinee pig and by thursday night we will have an answer on the hows and whys. We will also run Scott's boat with the SVS hooked up and not to get a same place/same day comparison. Should be interesting.

Randy

J

John Richied

I have the old style cowling (1996 engine) where there is about a four inch hole in the front of the cowling for air intake. Nope I’m not an engineer, but I do understand how a ram air intake system works. In addition to the air being forced in through the front of the intake so it doesn’t have to make a 180-degree turn the ECU is mounted on the left side of the engine so it helps to funnel the air into the intake.

Rapair worked my ECU so maybe the two work in conjunction with each other to get more out of my 225 ProMax?

I had the ECU worked by Rapair, the SVS and Jay cut my stock heads to 147ish compression. It sure woke up my 225 ProMax…

We can be cruising along at 70 mph and when I open the throttle

S

Scott Gilmore

Sounds FUN...............I'll be paying attention on those 2 days & to see the results !! I'm wondering if I should stay with the Pro/Max SVS system or just go with a nice stock 260 ?? Randy how many seats should I reserve @ Pure Gold on Tuesday night ?? Scott :twisted:

fishmesser

Scott if you get in trouble at Pure Gold call we and I will come and get your key to the boat and pull it to the rally so we can do the test on the motor. :D

S

Scott Gilmore

fishmesser said:
Scott if you get in trouble at Pure Gold call we and I will come and get your key to the boat and pull it to the rally so we can do the test on the motor. :D
Tim, I have been thrown in jail in Ky..................BUT ONLY twice :twisted: . I've got a better idea, why don't you come & meet me @ Pure Gold !!! Scott :D

GPI-JBF

Probationary User
Gilmore,

you can set up about six chairs for us. do they have fine dining? a good snack after a long pull would be nice.

j.

S

Scott Gilmore

GPI-JBF said:
Gilmore,

you can set up about six chairs for us. do they have fine dining? a good snack after a long pull would be nice.

j.
Jay, I'm not so sure about food (I haven't eaten since last Christmas) BUT they do have plenty of naked hookers & booze, you should fit in nicely. Over................Scott :twisted:

GPI-JBF

Probationary User
Scott,

thanks for the info..................And i know that you will fit in for sure yourself. I'm glad you had something to eat since we were in jasper.

j.

john4ut

Probationary User
Guys thanks for the info. I decide to go with the SM. I guess it wont be the first time I blowed out at a 100+, but last time I did it. It cost me a month off of work with a dislocated collar bone. See ya at the rally.