Show me your garage queen!

RedAllison

My boats are "used sporadically" so I wouldn't call them true garage queens :D But "Mello Yello" on the other hand, she's a true garage queen if ever there was one! :idiot: 1972 Chevelle 454SS.

I hold on to her mainly because it was my dads & for years he had badass cars that would come & go. For years I'd always say, "ONE of these days dad, I'm going to buy one of these beauts from you." Well it finally happened. Dad bought this car at the MECUM Auction in Tulsa, summer of 2006. It was essentially as you see it here. Except during the 2yrs he owned it he pulled the motor down to the bare block & restored it to true 72 LS-5 specs (except for an ol skool Crane 3/4 race cam he found & put it in to give it that "SWEET BBC Idle! :cool: ) & he replaced all the rubber/plastic suspension components with urethane pieces, redid the original A/C system & just made it a reliable, comfortable "Sat night blvd cruiser". I then bought it from him in late 2008 & plan on it remaining in the family for generations, my kids think it's sweet & I hope some day that grandkids will be able to say it was their great-grandads! ;)

The colors are original, just like it left the TX plant with in 1972, except whoever repainted it didn't replace the original white vinyl top (thank God as those were rust sponges!). The car was sold originally in south TX where it stayed it's entire life until my dad bought it in 06. It's a true "W-code" 454 car! All #s match except the block, which is "period correct" & stamped March/72 (car was built in June 72, likely one of the last of the 5,xxx 454s in 72, out of 600,000 Chevelle's, Malibu's & El Camino's built that year). She'll likely never be a "6 digit Barrett-Jackson piece" but being a true 454 car she's still "$$$ in the bank" & honestly I could careless about the value, one of my favorite muscle cars of all time has always been the 454 Chevelle... & of course it being my dads & one day hopefully I can pass it down to a grandson, THAT makes IT for me! ;):cool:image.jpg

RedAllison

I had a CV-16 which was the same stable as the GT-150. Purple metalflake and purple interior with a blackmax--hard to ignore. The Merc v6 came out one summer and I had to have one to replace the inline six on that boat. Carlson made some cool boats. The Scimitar? How James Bond can you get? T-top on a boat--of coarse.
OH HELL TODA YEZZZ!!! The Scimitar is one of my favs! LOVE those distinctive, extremely rare beauties. If only I had the time for 5-6 boats, a Scimitar would DEFINITELY be in the fleet! (And a nice, matching, late 70s Trans-Am with T-tops to pull it with!) :cool:

Scimitar.jpg Scimitar4.jpg Scimitar5.jpg Scimitar3.jpg Scimitar6.jpg

aeneas

I'm sorry, I am not on facebook for integrity reasons... Do you have an open account? :)