SAD news for sure....

J

John Richied

Paul nichols said:
An Allison doesn't push as much air so I'd say they still handle well at 700 lbs. Good handling light boat + a lot of horsepower = a lot of speed!
Paul
I think Shook would agree… ;)

Good to see you on the A-board Paul! :mrgreen:

RedAllison

Dur he is, good ta see ya again Paul.

Paul on any of your 110+ CCs do/did/have you ever use/d any weight bags or anyother ballast in them? Have you ever driven a Bass Racer?

Don't be a stranger,
RA

froggy

Pinkie,

Now that you've shifted gears to APBA records, instead of WAR braggin' rights, you need to be sure that your rig (boat, engine, driver, lawnmower battery and fuel) weighs MORE than 1500 pounds when finished running the timed kilo. Now what exactly does a 700# hull buy you here, unless you weigh 300#?

froggy

B

BP

froggy said:
Now what exactly does a 700# hull buy you here, unless you weigh 300#?

froggy
It buys him the ability to be creative with weight placement.

J

John Richied

Froggy go back and reread the article… What it says is:

The only real requirements are that the engine must be smaller then a 2.7L, and the boat—including the weight of the driver must weigh LESS than 1500 pounds Shook said his Allison XB-2002 weighs just 700lbs. (Unless that’s a typo?)

I know I am not going to come even close to “SHOOK SPEED”, but it will be fun seeing what I/we can ring out of her.

And by the way I weigh in @ around 225 lbs. and more after Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays… LOL :grin:

froggy

Pinkie,

I read what the article said. The APBA, unlimited outboard, rules require 2.7 liter max. (thank Merc for that) and MORE than 1500# (it has been a while since I read the APBA rule though). In my interpretation, the article was mis-printed, that's why I also questioned the stated weight.

I think you will be surprised how fast you will be able to go in your boat, especially with an XR4 lower unit. Be careful with that lower unit; hopefully, the one Lou lends you will be a Steckbauer or equivalent.

Have fun!!!!

froggy

GFinch

The only real requirements are that the engine must be smaller then a 2.7L,

Now just who was this written for or for that matter against. I believe OMCeaze first looper was a 2.7 in 1986 or so. Then went to 3.0.

Paul nichols

Red, I've only had to use shot bags a few of times in a 20CC, but I use them a good bit in the side console boats. If I'm running negative trim angle or if the boat is laying on its side I use a little lead shot (25 lbs) to make the boat handle better.
I'm not sure if I've driven a bass racer before...I've drive the 2002, River Racer and 2003. I liked all the boats I ran, but I liked the River Racer best.

The APBA unlimited class requires you to be 1500 lbs or better. There are SEVERAL rules in the unlimited class. you have to run all OEM parts, but they can be modified, no NOS, the boat has to be coast guard rated (if it's under 20' long :x ) no fuel additives and MANY other rules.

Paul

J

John Richied

2fast4mom said:
I second that opinion, and I own all of the Allison boat models
Lou
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Now that's funny right there... ()()()

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
I own all of the Allison boat models
Not true at all...I have many more to go to complete the collection:mrgreen:

My daughter said, "Mommy says you need to go to the mental hospital" ()()() That's great as long as it has a lake!::<><

J

John Richied

So Lou did you order an XB-2002 new from the factory yet?

And if so what model of XB-02? The BR, CP, or standard? And what color????