RIP "Hoss" Bostic.

GrandLakeGAR

Obit in todays Tulsa paper for David "Hoss" Bostic, age 72. I sure hope it isn't the Bostic of Hoss Props but I'm afraid it is. A really nice guy and a true prop wizard.

AMERICAN

Re: Hoss

Dave will surely be missed.RIP my friend.....
Bostic, David "Hoss," 72, business owner, died Sunday. Service 10:30 a.m. Thursday, Mallory-Martin Funeral Home Chapel, Sallisaw.

Last edited:

RedAllison

Sorry to hear, he really liked A-boats and I want to say he came too the 50th Anniv Rally?

RIP sir, :sad
RA

TBuck2003

RIP Dave Thanks for being a TRUE pioneer of the sport. You will be forever respected in my eyes...

TBuck

DOUBLE J

That's him. Had a 28 triton built around Nov. or Dec. 2010 for my Grandsport. Nice prop and great guy.

jas638

Banned
Dear Dave "HOSS" Bostic ,thankyou for always helping me with questions and giving me an education about propellers. more than the loss of a great prop builder i feel like i lost a friend. i have. i try to live my life with no regrets. i can say i regret never having met Dave in person. i was hoping to meet him at an odba event this year but sadly he is gone. :( whenever i would call he would say "hey john from new york how you doin, hows that prop runnin". my reply same as always "great i love it". i will cherish it!! rest in peace you will be greatly missed.my condolences to the family .i am sorry for your loss.

Scott Gilmore

So sorry to hear........YES he was @ the 2005 Rally. What a SUPER NICE fun to be with person. Oh ya.......a prop WIZARD too !! Scott :very sad :beer: RIP for a really cool dude.

FLYING BUTCHER

Very bad news for sure!! Dave was a super nice guy. I have spent several good times with he and Froggy. We will miss both of them. Hope his son is in a position to carry on the business. RIP ole friend.

Tim Bostic

Here's a copy of part of a message I posted to another forum.
I will post the rest as a reply to this post.
Thanks for all the kind words about my father.

Passing of Dave (Hoss) Bostic

It is with great sadness that I report the passing of my father, Dave (Hoss) Bostic, this past Sunday, the 29th of May, 2011. Dad was the owner of Hoss Marine Props. Dad had what the doctors call a

Tim Bostic

Over the years, I would go down to the shop to help dad a little when he would get behind on production and then I decided to start working on my own shop near my home. As dad got older and closer to retirement, I would spend more time at the shop helping out and I could see a slow decline in his health, mainly from just the fact he was getting older. Our plan was to transfer the shop to my building, whenever I finished it (still not done), then I would continue making props and dad would show up on occasion to help me when I got behind.

So that brings us up to a week-and-a-half ago........... When something tragic happens, and everything that seemed so importatnt at the time, becomes quite meaningless. You spend the last few days with a loved one as they pass from this life on earth to the “real” life to come with Christ, God, and others who have already passed. It is truly comforting to know that dad was a strong Christian and look forward to seeing him again one day!

We're not sure exactly what the near future brings in regards to the shop, but this is what I do know.... I will be spending the next few weeks at the shop finishing up customer's propellers and making sure things are set in order....... I will continue the “Hoss Prop” legacy and probably move the machines to my shop as soon as possible. There may be a slight downtime as the move progresses but will keep everyone posted. If you call the shop (918)479-5167 & I'm not there, please leave contact info & I will return the call ASAP. I will also begin checking the e-mail daily and try not to let it get too far behind. (hossprops@sstelco.com) I will try to update the website this week to reflect the changes these past couple of weeks.

I'm sure you guys have many stories of your own about dad and the shop and welcome any that you guys would like to post. I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on & give a little history about Hoss Prop & my father, Dave Bostic (1/13/39 – 5/29/2011)

I may try to post this message on a couple of other message boards also.

Thank You for Spending the Time to Read this Info about Dad,
Tim Bostic

AMERICAN

Hi Tim
Thank you for getting back to me and for sharing this wonderful life story,I can relate to it in so many ways.It good to hear that you will be continuing with the prop building.....your father will be greatly missed....

Texas Dear

Sorry for your loss, Tim. Met your father at the Allison Boats 50th Anniversary Rally. Was a pleasure to talk and pick his brain. Learned alot from him. He will be missed in the prop industry. I'm glad you're carrying on the family legacy.

jas638

Banned
hey tim, it was great to hear from ya thankyou. i think it is great that you will be carrying on the legacy. we are all in support. like we spoke i am looking forward to getting one of those new technology props! i only run hoss props on my ally any thing else is a waste of fuel. jmo.

RedAllison

GREAT info Tim, I appreciate you taking the time to put that over here. I knew indeed your dad bled Allison boats like the rest of us here. Truly a great man, pioneer and fellow "Alliophile". He'll truly be missed but obviously never forgotten.

Godspeed Hoss,
RA