reasons to keep rally centered on plant

ally2dextreme

Make it simple.

Only Allison owners can vote.

Only one member of an Allison owner can vote.

Make two threads that owners can vote in.

1) Owners wanting to return to West TN vote here:

2) Owners wanting to return to East TN vote here:

No polls, just open and seen by all voting :beer:
that sounds easy e-nuff....i would hope only the ones truly intending on coming will vote....but i agree there should be no reason for someone to hide there vote...

K

Kevin from FL

Thomas, we the members here know pretty much all of the people that post here by User Name and that should weed out any impostor that would reply.

It's simple, stand up and post where you want to go. I agree, only post if you are coming.

allisonriverrat

thomas, was just asking, would u still rally if allison closed? or would u never rally again? was just trying to say its about the boat and the most important part friends. so maybe location isnt the most important part, not saying dont count but just not key ingrediant for a great rally. a great location is very important allison plant isnt what would make me come back. the poeple and location together would. thanks for letting me share my thoughts. but i think in the end everthing will work out with all the other fading behind us and have the best in 2009 and i will get too meet more of u.

ally2dextreme

thomas, was just asking, would u still rally if allison closed? or would u never rally again? was just trying to say its about the boat and the most important part friends. so maybe location isnt the most important part, not saying dont count but just not key ingrediant for a great rally. a great location is very important allison plant isnt what would make me come back. the poeple and location together would. thanks for letting me share my thoughts. but i think in the end everthing will work out with all the other fading behind us and have the best in 2009 and i will get too meet more of u.
ill let you now when i HAVE to make that desecion...until then i like being around the plant..hope to meet you there

allisonriverrat

Thomas, No offense and I definitely think it is a topic that needs to be discussed and should be, but after the last few days, I think there should be no discussion about a rally til at least Sept 1. Let everything simmer down and then let the admins open a rally 09 forum and discuss away. Just my .02 but trying to talk about stuff right now with everyone so heated up is getting no-where fast other than hurting peoples feelings and getting several peoples dander up.

Again I agree, we should be able to discuss and plan without making personal slams or getting mad, but it may take a few days
well i agree with lightening rod. lets give it a bit and let the admins. open a voting poll on the rally location. i think that with kevins idea and red and lou monitoring it it will be fair to all. and with time i hope that everyone gives one last effort to an honest voters pole, come enjoy, then do it all over again. but i think january 1 should be offical kickoff day. end poles by end febuary. that should give time for volunteer planners (bless u, past and present,lol.) to organize motels,ect. no secret meeting, honest poles. u cant argue with that. please no stoning, lol , just a suggestion.

RedAllison

Tony, traditionally we have rally locations and dates "in stone" by the preceding late summer/fall. We might not have the exact days at which lakes and all the meals/activities planned yet but generally we have the big things (dates, hotel, general area) planned that early. Allows plenty of time to book hotels and arrange work schedules. Some can plan on a weeks notice but some need 6-10 mths lead time, we want it to work for as many as possible!

:at the bar
RA

Last edited:

citabriatom

As far as money to vote,here's what we do.A bunch of us go to the mountains twice a year for camping,dirtbiking,and whitewater kayaking(which is pretty funny considering how old we are...it's our 25th year).Saying you're going (or in the case of the Ally Rally,to vote on location) requires you to put down a deposit of $20.Show up and you get your money back.Don't make it and your money buys beer for the rest of us.Works pretty well,I gotta tell ya.

allisonriverrat

yea ra, i knew i was a little silly though, but wasnt really as serious about time. i guess i just wished it could be forgotten alittle while so everyone could start out fresh. time heels all wounds. i know nothing about the planning and it is probably 10 times more stress then one can imagine. i do undertand ur statement though. its freakin friday!!!!! time to haul a**** to da beach tonight., as if! all i will be doing is working and just listening to all the boats out there.

Darth VMAX

I still say alternate every other year from E.TN (plant location) and a new VOTED on location....not to sound too much like Hannah Montana but its the Best of BOTH worlds...

pickwickangler

....not to sound too much like Hannah Montana but its the Best of BOTH worlds...
I hope you got kids and aint sittin around watchin dat instead of fishin :laughing j/k.
I think most people could care less where the rally is as long as they have a descent hotel, some good boating water, and the whole A-Family shows up. To me the main thing about having a succesfull rally is trying to find a hotel that can accomodate us that is close to the water and once we get to the water we need a place to hang out on the bank or run your boat in front of the crowd. Some folks dont like runnin a long distance for the heck of it with gas prices like they are. Like I said before you cant just pick a place and say ok we want to rally in X-location cause I am here to tell you there are very few hotels that can accomodate us. Anybody that wants to post a location for vote they need to have a hotel and a lake in mind.

Yellowallison

Well yall know my vote!! WATTS BAR BABY from the WATTS BAR king himself :LMAO:

OK....... I'm just kiddin.......:laughing

99.9% of yall know I was part BIG PART of the firsts 4-5 rallies and even narrated the first one back to KEV via cell phone so he could post updates on the board.. Anywho - the last 2-3 yrs I had issues(school- house remodel) that kept me from attending which SUCKED BIG TIME:very sad

So in 09......Lord willing I want to make the rally no matter where ever in the HECK it is. YU dont realize how much fun they are till you miss 1-2.

Lord knows we have so good laughs/times at the rallies:laughing

Crazyoz

Banned
As far as money to vote,here's what we do.A bunch of us go to the mountains twice a year for camping,dirtbiking,and whitewater kayaking(which is pretty funny considering how old we are...it's our 25th year).Saying you're going (or in the case of the Ally Rally,to vote on location) requires you to put down a deposit of $20.Show up and you get your money back.Don't make it and your money buys beer for the rest of us.Works pretty well,I gotta tell ya.
Now that is what I am talking about. Cant wait to drink beer on Yellar:beer:. Just kidding I cant wait to met ya man. Sounds like you will fit in perfect with the late night crew. You can help me put ole TBuck to bed.:laughing:laughing

Crazyoz

Banned
I hope you got kids and aint sittin around watchin dat instead of fishin :laughing j/k.
I think most people could care less where the rally is as long as they have a descent hotel, some good boating water, and the whole A-Family shows up. To me the main thing about having a succesfull rally is trying to find a hotel that can accomodate us that is close to the water and once we get to the water we need a place to hang out on the bank or run your boat in front of the crowd. Some folks dont like runnin a long distance for the heck of it with gas prices like they are. Like I said before you cant just pick a place and say ok we want to rally in X-location cause I am here to tell you there are very few hotels that can accomodate us. Anybody that wants to post a location for vote they need to have a hotel and a lake in mind.
I cant agree more with you Andy. That is why I vote Savvanah one more year and then go back to Knoxville. The hotel was in a great location, just 25 minutes from 2 different bodys of water and 5 minutes from the other one. A great beach with shade to set on and great water to run on and gas stations grocery stores Walmart all close by. One more year and then we go back to Knoxville for 2 years and then off to somewhere else. You have to admit those that where there in Savannah, it was a great location and we had a great time. I think everybody would love it if you just give it a try. I cant get Yellars beer and TBucks wings off my mind.:laughing

ally2dextreme

and i would say if it doesnt matter where it is ...its all fellowship ..then why not leave it around the plant for the many who believe in the tradation ...plant.... allisons...and such..theres plenty of all the aminitys that everyone is asking for within a hr or 2 from the plant...have you ever scene a tnn map...alot of waters we havnt scene well within the bounderys of the plant...if you dont want to go to the plant ...talk to darris etc just go to the water and hang out...all the poeple that enjoy seeing whats new ..get advise from darris ...pick up parts etc can also do that....now that sounds like the best of both worlds to me..

ally2dextreme

Well yall know my vote!! WATTS BAR BABY from the WATTS BAR king himself :LMAO:

OK....... I'm just kiddin.......:laughing

99.9% of yall know I was part BIG PART of the firsts 4-5 rallies and even narrated the first one back to KEV via cell phone so he could post updates on the board.. Anywho - the last 2-3 yrs I had issues(school- house remodel) that kept me from attending which SUCKED BIG TIME:very sad

So in 09......Lord willing I want to make the rally no matter where ever in the HECK it is. YU dont realize how much fun they are till you miss 1-2.

Lord knows we have so good laughs/times at the rallies:laughing
id say your a BIG PART where ever you are..lol

Yellowallison

WHOSE signature is Scottie gonna be axin for in 09???
I'll be signing AUTOGRAPHs for all my FANS

or....

I want LULU's...the WAR08 'Tide bottle CHAMPION'

:LMAO:

Last edited:

Crazyoz

Banned
Thomas a lot of the people get tired of the same old water every year. That is what the majority of people have been saying. I think that is why everybody had so much fun this year because it was something different. Like better water to run on a beach with shade and large enough for everyones boats to set on and soft sand that want hurt your boat, within 25 minutes of the hotel and a great hotel for everything we do at the hotel. 3 year in Knoxville and I aint seen any of the water that we had a beach that nice with shade or large enough to hold everyone or within 25 minutes of the hotel or a hotel that good. Dont take this the wrong way, but there are more that dont care about keeping it in Knoxville than there are that wont too. So why not move it every 2 years so to have something different. Every one that shows up in Knoxville showed up in Savannah minus a few that you can count on your hands, but we had alot more to show up because it was in there range. Knoxville is about 5 hours away from Savannah and I no that adds a little to the trip for those out East but look what it takes off of those out West. It doesnt seem to me that those out East would mind every 2 years to drive a little further so that the boys out West can get a break. After all those boys out West drive over 10 hours to get to use and some drive farther. I dont no what to say about our Ohio boys except (LOVE YA). Thomas the last 2 years at Knoxville I heard alot of people getting tired of driving 45 plus minutes just to get to the water and we ended up going to Watts Bar everyday and it gets old. That is what I have been trying to say and I think most agree since the most showed up in Savannah and loved it. Nothing against tradition but to me the tradition has always been about the group of us that love the boats that we bought and love each other so why not go to a place that better suits us by getting closer to good running water with good beaches and great hotels with a shorter drive to the water. Me personaly I would not go to these things if it was just about getting to see Darris and Nancy for 2 hours out of 6 days I would stay at home but me and my family spent 1000 dollars this year alone just to hang out with my Ally friends and drive each others boats swap props and did in in good running water and those that like to watch us nutheads sat in the shade on a good beach and enjoyed every minute not to forget grilling on the beach to feed everyone. I have not seen one place in Knoxville that we can do that on. My point on all of this is this. Not every place we go to every one is going to like so for those that like Knoxville the best remember those that dont like Knoxville the best have went to Knoxville to be with the family, so why cant the ones that like Knoxville the best go were the ones that dont like to go every 2 years. That is the fair thing to do and it makes everybody happy. I think that is why everything got out of hand this year. Those that want to stay in Knoxville refuse to go and it makes the others feel like they are being selfish. If we alternate every 2 years that want be an issue and should be ok for both sides. One more year guys give Savannah a try I gaurentee you will like it and then go back to Knoxville the next year and everyone is happy. Like Lou said Darris and Nancy said they were not upset about the Rally being moved and neither should any one else

ally2dextreme

Thomas a lot of the people get tired of the same old water every year. That is what the majority of people have been saying. I think that is why everybody had so much fun this year because it was something different. Like better water to run on a beach with shade and large enough for everyones boats to set on and soft sand that want hurt your boat, within 25 minutes of the hotel and a great hotel for everything we do at the hotel. 3 year in Knoxville and I aint seen any of the water that we had a beach that nice with shade or large enough to hold everyone or within 25 minutes of the hotel or a hotel that good. Dont take this the wrong way, but there are more that dont care about keeping it in Knoxville than there are that wont too. So why not move it every 2 years so to have something different. Every one that shows up in Knoxville showed up in Savannah minus a few that you can count on your hands, but we had alot more to show up because it was in there range. Knoxville is about 5 hours away from Savannah and I no that adds a little to the trip for those out East but look what it takes off of those out West. It doesnt seem to me that those out East would mind every 2 years to drive a little further so that the boys out West can get a break. After all those boys out West drive over 10 hours to get to use and some drive farther. I dont no what to say about our Ohio boys except (LOVE YA). Thomas the last 2 years at Knoxville I heard alot of people getting tired of driving 45 plus minutes just to get to the water and we ended up going to Watts Bar everyday and it gets old. That is what I have been trying to say and I think most agree since the most showed up in Savannah and loved it. Nothing against tradition but to me the tradition has always been about the group of us that love the boats that we bought and love each other so why not go to a place that better suits us by getting closer to good running water with good beaches and great hotels with a shorter drive to the water. Me personaly I would not go to these things if it was just about getting to see Darris and Nancy for 2 hours out of 6 days I would stay at home but me and my family spent 1000 dollars this year alone just to hang out with my Ally friends and drive each others boats swap props and did in in good running water and those that like to watch us nutheads sat in the shade on a good beach and enjoyed every minute not to forget grilling on the beach to feed everyone. I have not seen one place in Knoxville that we can do that on. My point on all of this is this. Not every place we go to every one is going to like so for those that like Knoxville the best remember those that dont like Knoxville the best have went to Knoxville to be with the family, so why cant the ones that like Knoxville the best go were the ones that dont like to go every 2 years. That is the fair thing to do and it makes everybody happy. I think that is why everything got out of hand this year. Those that want to stay in Knoxville refuse to go and it makes the others feel like they are being selfish. If we alternate every 2 years that want be an issue and should be ok for both sides. One more year guys give Savannah a try I gaurentee you will like it and then go back to Knoxville the next year and everyone is happy. Like Lou said Darris and Nancy said they were not upset about the Rally being moved and neither should any one else
ricky there is no need to post this same thread every other post...we will see if 99% want to move it like your saying...and im not saying go to watts bar ..there is plenty of water around knoxsvile that we never been...and as far as nancy and darris on the move of the rally this year lets just say MOST will never here them say anything bad..we now how you feel (no matter how wrong you are) and we now how i feel neither one of us should need to post again ...still love ya even if i only see ya ever 3rd year...lol

lightening rod

Guys, Please keep the thread subject in mind, if you want to talk about other sites then lets start a thread about those sites, and please do not try to tell other folks what the majority of people wanted. The majority of people you talk to may not have the same views as the majority of people that I talk to. We will see soon enough where the majority want to go by the polls and such. This is not the thread that will decide where the rally is going to be, just to discuss the pros of one of the possible sites.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Last edited: